The Mental Health Thread - (Help Contacts in First Post).

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Re: The Mental Health Thread - (Help Contacts in First Post).

Post by -DL- »

Roby wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:33 pm I just had a £1 coin size mole cut off my back yesterday.

I wish you all the best with it all. They don't 'need' to do my lymph nodes, but as a precaution they feel that when I'm asleep having the wider excision done, to check them too - which according to my doc at least - is a matter of course if it comes back as malignant. I'd much rather they checked than not - and the fact I'm going to be asleep already, they may as well, for my own peace of mind if nothing else.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I can’t believe how much caution they’ve given my pelvic abscess. I’ve four weeks of medication plus an outpatients appointment soon. However, I’m going to let the professionals do their job.

At least I’m out of hospital.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:27 pm I can’t believe how much caution they’ve given my pelvic abscess. I’ve four weeks of medication plus an outpatients appointment soon. However, I’m going to let the professionals do their job.

At least I’m out of hospital.
A pa is potentially, a life threatening condition, Jim. You're lucky they've let you out!
Samba

Post by Samba »

MonkeyB reminded me of the BeeGees on another thread. Here's Barry, still wearing his very tight undercrackers, with another song for my lovely mum.
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Samba wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:13 pm A pa is potentially, a life threatening condition, Jim. You're lucky they've let you out!
The antibiotics annihilated the abscess in to virtual submission. I could tell it was serious when I was rushed to a CT scan through the MRI.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Morning all a quick note to say a huge thank you to all my friends on here who rallied round this week for me.
It's being very humbling to know theres such big hearted people looking out for me.
Just letting go, crying ,talking and laying myself bare then getting a plan to move forward has helped me for now. I realise the track will get steep again.
Sorry for this self indulgent wallowing but it got really bad .
Sending my love and strength to anyone else on here overcoming their demons .
Thinking of you Samba along With Ron plus DL and Jim with their health challenges.
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

My pleasure.
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Just catching up, I’m sorry had to take a break.

@Samba, so sorry to hear of your loss.

@Roby and @DL best wishes for speedy recoveries. Same to you as well Jim.

@Rigoberts, if you’re ever in Cheltenham give me a shout and we’ll get a drink or something.

@Megaron I hope you’re getting the help and support now.

Hope everyone is doing well.
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I’m back in work now. Absolutely shattered but no physical pains anymore.
rigoberts song

Post by rigoberts song »

Many thanks for you support Joyeaux.
Often passing through between Oxfordshire and Devon.
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I’m supposed to be out for one of the ladies birthday tonight but I’m horizontal on the sofa. A full week back at work and I’m drained. Both mentally and physically.

Before I was rushed to hospital, I was on the phone to my mum days before quipping how boring life had been for the last 18 months or so (2016 to 2021 was chaos) but I’d take boring any day of the week right now.
Samba

Post by Samba »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:23 pm I’m supposed to be out for one of the ladies birthday tonight but I’m horizontal on the sofa. A full week back at work and I’m drained. Both mentally and physically.

Before I was rushed to hospital, I was on the phone to my mum days before quipping how boring life had been for the last 18 months or so (2016 to 2021 was chaos) but I’d take boring any day of the week right now.
Not really surprising, Jim.
Take it easy, mate. :newthumb:
And sorry in advance about your loss this Sunday... :starst:
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

She’s my mate so I really wanted to go. A few of them were outside the pub as I walked home from work. I said I’d eat and change etc. I’m still at home. My stomach cramps telling me I need to pass solids (brought on by the medication) are just too bad to contemplate going out.

I have another CT scan on Wednesday as an outpatient. Hopefully the abscess is taking care of itself. I suspect it is.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Woke up feeling shitty and drained this morning. For the last three months I've been psyching myself up, looking forward with optimism that next week would be the beginning of the end of four and a bit years of poor health, set-backs, and my life finally becoming normal - but alas, yet again another set-back that this time has hit me for six.

I got a call at half five yesterday evening from the hospital, and it was someone from the admin team telling me that the surgery to repair my incisional hernia next week isn't going ahead. I wouldn't have minded if it was for a 'genuine' reason, but it was because another admin had booked it in despite it being clear in the surgeon's diary that he is on annual leave next week - but because of this, because I wasn't in the 'pool' as it were, and my name was on a list, I've also missed out on the next two lists (It's being done by Urology and Colo-Rectal, whom only have a list bi-monthly together) - and was told I'd be very fortunate if I was to be getting it done this year.

It's sheer incompetence on a momentous scale imo, that is going to now have such an adverse affect on mine and my families lives, as I am unable to work full time still, and I'm just about managing to work two days a week, depending on what the pain is like. Having an abdominal hernia isn't particularly good when you're driving a bus and you have to lean forwards at junctions and roundabouts and have an edge of a steering wheel press in to it, hurting like nothing else I've known and making me feel like I'm about to eject my breakfast everywhere.

I'm now ****ting myself wondering how we're going to get through the next few months financially, as my statutory sick pay is running out, (the company sick pay run out ages ago) energy bills will be going through the roof in a little over two months, and already my bank balance gives me the jitters come the end of the month.

The frustrating thing is, is that I was supposed to be having it in June, and it was cancelled then because they had more urgent cases, which I get - it's a cancer unit, so the people I was bumped off the list by are clearly in much more of a need than me.

I've got this far, and just as it looked like the end was in sight, I'm now in limbo. I've turned down photography work for the two months after next week, because I thought I was going to be out of the game, and that money would have been very welcome - I have pinged a couple of messages over this morning to people I refused, and maybe lady luck will be looking down on me, and they've not made alternative arrangements. Another set-back of course, is the pre-assessment I went to last week was pointless, and I've got to potentially take another day off of work, or at the very least juggle work around again, and go for another one.

It's an absolute shambles, and I have absolutely no idea when I can finally get back to normal after 4 years of b*llocks. It sucks, and I feel like I just want to shut myself in a room and not come out. I've been down a few times through this, but this seems to have hit me harder than any other set-back. I've had enough, and there's f*** all I can do about it.

Please nobody come on and suggest I get it done privately, because in case you haven't noticed in my post - I'm ****ing skint and it isn't an option.
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

If the NHS is as bad as the civil service (my employer) administration wise then you have my full support. The amount of mistakes that go out listings wise for court cases is obscene. There’s a very laissez faire attitude management wise and numerous colleagues slack off.

Do you have family or friends who could soft loan you the money? My mum is sitting on a pretty sum after inheriting from her dad and has said all my sister and I need do is ask. I’d certainly be the same in my circle.
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1208 likes

Post by Tenbury »

DL,
That's the last thing you needed, but after the initial (and perfectly justified) bloody seething has calmed a bit, you know you've got the strength to get through this, you've already done farmore. One thing I can add, when they (eventually) do the abdominal hernia, if they do it like they did mine ('kin large netting embedded in the muscle) 10 yrs on it works really well. :newthumb:

Best of luck.
rigoberts song

Post by rigoberts song »

Good luck with things DL
We are all here for you .
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Decided to file the divorce application today.

We are too far gone to make our way back despite a lot of trying.

Decided between us to stay in the house the next 16 months until the youngest takes her exams and we will tell them then

Not ideal but I won't feel bad if I know we aren't together and she can't legitimately give me any ****.

Feel massively relieved .
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Good luck to you Whitey.

:wolfy:
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:42 am Do you have family or friends who could soft loan you the money?
No, I am not getting myself in to any more debt because of the incompetence of The NHS - or rather one admin in particular. It would cost a considerable amount compared to a bog-standard hernia repair due the added complication of having a stoma, and having Urology and Colo-Rectal surgeons working together.

I've since got PALS involved, I emailed them a long letter before I went out this morning. It may not achieve anything, but at least they're aware of the f***-up.