Any Warhammer Hammers out there?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Any Warhammer Hammers out there?

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Hi all, I thought id start my first thread although I'm not sure it's in the right place, hopefully it is! Anyway I had a quick check but couldn't find one out there already.

Is there anyone who plays either Warhammer Fantasy Or Age of Sigmar who wants to talk tactics/lists? I would also include 40k but I don't generally play it, but I am sure others do?!

I play Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves (they are all different I assure you) and Bretonnians, not all at the same time though. In age of Sigmar its Sylvaneth, High Born or Wanderers.

Anyone else out there?
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Any Warhammer Hammers out there?

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

I think there's a few on here mate.

I (still) have a Warhammer 'Man O War' game with most of the pieces unpunched at home that I wanted to see if anyone was interested in buying a while back and a few people expressed an interest in the game in general.
Cannot quite remember who.

I love the idea of Warhammer, but just don't have the time to invest into playing it.
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

You might want to check out Age of Sigmar then dude, it's a quicker shorter version of the game and you can find the rules on the GW website for free!

You can play a game in less than an hour and you may be able to still use your old models!
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Not a Warhammer wargame man, but like the RPG and supplements.

I'm a member of a club, based in Bethnal Green East London, Hackney Area Tabel-top Enthusiasts (HATE - haha) - and they run very friendly and fun games for Tabletop fans with armies ranging fro small to massive. It's also packed with Hammers supporters and has a cheap bar. PM me if you want more details.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

and how much you looking for Man -O-War please RARS?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

is it the one where you need a ruler to see the range of the weapon of every single element of your army and turns take forever? (or is that 40k? or am i mixing **** up?)

if that's the case, the painting of the miniatures is better than the game imo. too slow, and in the end, too repetitive and boring.

bloodbowl on the other hand...
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

warp wrote:is it the one where you need a ruler to see the range of the weapon of every single element of your army and turns take forever? (or is that 40k? or am i mixing **** up?)

You wish you only needed this, there are(in Fantasy at least) also templates! :)

Turns can be a fair amount of time however it depends on your experience! I play a fair amount so I can get through a turn quite quickly, one of my friends on the other hand. . . .
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

WHU Independent wrote:and how much you looking for Man -O-War please RARS?
Sending you a PM now mate.
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

WHU Independent wrote:Not a Warhammer wargame man, but like the RPG and supplements.

I'm a member of a club, based in Bethnal Green East London, Hackney Area Tabel-top Enthusiasts (HATE - haha) - and they run very friendly and fun games for Tabletop fans with armies ranging fro small to massive. It's also packed with Hammers supporters and has a cheap bar. PM me if you want more details.
Thanks for the offer, it sounds great. The only problem is I live in Cheltenham! If I'm in the area though I'll definitely send you a message!
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

I played Fantasy (RIP) until they went daft with the Age of Sigmar (End Times) crap. Had 4000pts of Chaos Warriors (Tzeentch!) and 3000pt armies of High Elves and also of Orcs.
The Orcs were my favourite army to play games with; Just so much crazy random stuff used to happen, like Shamans exploding, Fanatics destroying my own units and Giants having fun jumping up and down and then falling over :D

In 40K, I have armies of Tyranids, Grey Knights, Blood Angels and Dark Angels. I love the new edition.
AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave »

For what it is worth, my Chaos list was:

Sorcerer Lord (Lvl4) on Disk, Sorcerer Lord (Lvl3) on Disk, BSB on Horse, Hero on foot, 3 units of 20 Warriors, a unit of 11 Knights (BSB here), 23 Chosen (Hero here), 2 Hellcannons and a couple of Spawn.

Hit like a ton of bricks and was resilient as hell!
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

AnthraxDave wrote:I played Fantasy (RIP) until they went daft with the Age of Sigmar (End Times) crap. Had 4000pts of Chaos Warriors (Tzeentch!) and 3000pt armies of High Elves and also of Orcs.
The Orcs were my favourite army to play games with; Just so much crazy random stuff used to happen, like Shamans exploding, Fanatics destroying my own units and Giants having fun jumping up and down and then falling over :D

In 40K, I have armies of Tyranids, Grey Knights, Blood Angels and Dark Angels. I love the new edition.
I miss Fantasy, Age of Sigmar is no where near as good. I only play it because my friend does.

I've always been interested in Orcs and Goblins due to the randomness, never got around to it though. The magic spells are amazing. Hand of Gork and Foot of Gork to ruin your day!
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

AnthraxDave wrote:For what it is worth, my Chaos list was:

Sorcerer Lord (Lvl4) on Disk, Sorcerer Lord (Lvl3) on Disk, BSB on Horse, Hero on foot, 3 units of 20 Warriors, a unit of 11 Knights (BSB here), 23 Chosen (Hero here), 2 Hellcannons and a couple of Spawn.

Hit like a ton of bricks and was resilient as hell!
Ouch!!!!

My list was a variation of Level four Spell Weaver, Glade Captain Bsb (banner of eternal flame) with Hail of doom arrow, level two spell singer. Two units of twelve glade guard, one with true flight, one with poison five glade riders with poison.

Then the fun stuff, two units of seven Wild Riders full command great eagle and a if possible.

Shoot as much as I can and then use the wild riders to clear up what I can.
AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave »

I hated playing Wood Elves with my Chaos. They would just kite around and snipe everything and could go toe-to-toe in combat with the likes of Wardancers or the Forest Spirit units. The lad in our local gaming club would put down multiple 5-man units of Glade Riders and anyone who played him knew they were going to have a headache! The one I hated most was that Treeman character (Durthu) who would pulp anything I dared charge him with.

Greenskins were just amazing fun :D Didn't win very much with them, but my opponent and myself always had great fun in those games, especially after a few beers. Just absolutely hilarious some of the crap that they did. Wurzag (The mad Shaman character) was just pure lunacy turning things into Squigs.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Now we're talking!

I collect Nurgle for 40K - a mix of Chaos Space Marines and Daemons, and am loving all the new Death Guard stuff coming out right now... Skaven for Fantasy/Mordheim.

I don't really play much - I've always been more into the painting and making side of things, and a few experiences with your stereotypical rule book dullard put me off for a long time, but I'm slowly getting back into putting my fate in the hands of the dice gods.
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

the guy I play most of my games against plays Skaven, we have some fairly even games. I love the Skaven randomness!

Just so you know I'm not that guy! :D

I have to admit I can't roll dice to save my life, I had six dice to roll for something on Saturday and I rolled five ones, needless to say ones were not what I needed. . . .
AnthraxDave

Post by AnthraxDave »

Hmmmm, as much as I would love to collect a Death Guard army for 40K, £35 for 3 (pretty much mono-pose) models is a bit cheeky!
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

GW do charge loads for all their stuff which kind of ruins the hobby. If they want people to play the game then lower the prices!

£35 for three is ridiculous! Although there are other places that you can get the figures cheaper . . . . Oh and I am not talking about back alley Model dealers!

I buy most of my stuff on an auction site or whichever other websites have offers!
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

For sure, eBay is a goldmine for bargains at times. I very rarely buy anything but paints in Games Workshop itself.

Any of you guys play Frostgrave? I've recently bought the rule book and made a 2x2 table, but yet to play. It's pretty cheap and a bit slapdash regarding the rules, but it seems a lot of fun.
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Frostgrave is a fantastic game, you'll love it.

Low model count, rules that actually work and have clarification if needed. I find the rules really good for our games.

Also you can pick up some extra rules and supplements for campaigns for a few pounds.

I hope you like it!