Mixing It Up Nice

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Re: Mixing It Up Nice

Post by szola »

Don't know if this counts as a mix-tape.
DJ/Rupture's Minesweeper Suite

here
bunk
Total likes: 351 likes

Post by bunk »

[youtube]<iframe width="664" height="498" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4nWOBCXt6oI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
A positively mental mix even by The Wizards standards. Sound quality isn't all there but the world-class skills of that man shine through none-the-less.
bunk

Post by bunk »

And in the interest of diversity away from techno and Jeff Mills...

[youtube]<iframe width="664" height="498" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JnkMgGQpVGU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

bunk wrote:[youtube]<iframe width="664" height="498" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4nWOBCXt6oI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
A positively mental mix even by The Wizards standards. Sound quality isn't all there but the world-class skills of that man shine through none-the-less.
Wow! Relentless.

Love the way they refer to him as Jeff Miles..

e17 wrote:Quality thread. A few of my all timers...

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UFeLMFUWmWo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
Thought I'd give this a go today, by way of commemoration of the last three Fridays, on which BBC4 have run a (selected) history of house, clubs and DJ's, from mid-80's onwards. Have to say that it was only in the last 10 or so minutes, when the super-rich DJ's got to talk us through the present day reality of $500,000 Las Vegas sets, that the standard of the excellently-researched programme dipped.

If you missed them all, and, like a few of us, love all the history and early stuff, here's the first episode. Very much recommended.

As is the mix above

:thup:
bunk

Post by bunk »

^Image^

Love it! Highly recommended.
Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

How do I post a YouTube video like above? I keep trying but it just comes up as the web address.

My method (I think there's an alternative)

1. Locate clip
2. Use 'share' option
3. This will bring up a long string of characters, with the actual link inside it, in inverted commas: i.e. "youtube...link"
4. Cut and paste the whole of it, so that, between the square YouTube brackets, you put the link and inverted commas.

Should work that way.
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Logan Sama on the decks with Skepta, Kano & Ghetto. A decade old and still one of the finest Grime sets ever produced.

P:M :thup:

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5ANg5ZHKx1A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

That was brutal!
p:m jr knew the names from the first words each of them spoke :D

South London boroughs!
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Yep, not for everyone!. The OP did say he was open to Grime postings though haha
bunk

Post by bunk »

[youtube]<iframe width="664" height="498" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nmu8NO4hceQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
A set where you just wanted to be there, the crowd absolute loving it. Every techno set needs a 909 sat alongside the decks, a magic combination.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quality vintage rock mix.

bunk

Post by bunk »

[youtube]<iframe width="885" height="498" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fLXV3YbfILY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
Regis and Surgeon together, no messing about...
bunk

Post by bunk »

[youtube]<iframe width="885" height="498" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qx3O6CdXTYg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
Another from Surgeon, this time in full tribal mode in the late '90s. Close to the skills of Mills, surely on the shortlist for our finest DJ. Speaking of which, who else would make this list for pure mixing skills.

I reckon you've got to go back to the DJs who were using vinyl and decks; the digital download mixing desks match beats for DJs, making the whole thing 20x easier (and I can say that having had a go on both ways of doing it).

Dr Dre was an absolute don on the vinyl. There's some old footage of him, as a kid, when he played some local youth club or music venue. I can't post it up from work, but its worth looking for. The bloke was a genius.

In the more house/techno arena, whilst I accept he's a bit mainstream, Oakie was a great mixer. As was Weatherall.

Just listening to possibly the best mix ever made...on Coldcut Journeys by DJ, when they drop that BDP beat ('Bridge is Over') into Harold Budd's soundscape...

'Kin genius. Almost religious, in the experience.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

prophet:marginal wrote:Just listening to possibly the best mix ever made...on Coldcut Journeys by DJ, when they drop that BDP beat ('Bridge is Over') into Harold Budd's soundscape...

'Kin genius. Almost religious, in the experience.
That IS the best mix ever made. I bloody love it and it's one of my go-to listens for a car journey. The bit where they fade into King of the Beats is particularly bombastic.