Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- CLOSED/ BUT OPEN IN EUROPE

Post by bubbles1966 »

SullySpecial wrote:In other news:

https://www.claretandhugh.info/the-tran ... never-was/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is “ex” the worlds biggest narcissist? What a moron. Likely unsettling a player, just to see if the media take notice of his self absorbed ramblings.
They really are absolute ****ers.Image

It sounds very much like an attempt to save face as well, as they were utterly clueless all window.

The "ITK's" had a 'mare.

Student hammer was the big winner, along with IRONMIKE; the former for accuracy, the latter for his fabulous delivery - never mind the quality, just deliver it with style - plagarism with panache.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

SullySpecial wrote::

https://www.claretandhugh.info/the-tran ... never-was/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is “ex” the worlds biggest narcissist? What a moron. Likely unsettling a player, just to see if the media take notice of his self absorbed ramblings.
s.

And there you have it , two so called "sources" some West Ham United supporters go to for their "news".

Proof positive that they are happy just to make things up.

Fake news from fakes. :thdn:

It's why this website puts it's reputation behind ITK's that are verified and trusted sources., and it can do so because it is truly independent.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Not clicking on the link to give the twunts ad revenue. Who was it they made it up about ?

To be fair I reckon 90% of their news is made up with educated guesses and ther other 10% board spin.
Last edited by GaryP on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

I’d say the ****ers here are the tabloids, who just take transfer rumours from people on Twitter rather than doing their actual job.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

wildkard wrote:I’d say the ****ers here are the tabloids, who just take transfer rumours from people on Twitter rather than doing their actual job.
They have always done that. Before twitter they just made it up themselves.
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

wildkard wrote:I’d say the ****ers here are the tabloids, who just take transfer rumours from people on Twitter rather than doing their actual job.
Random rumours on Twitter, fair enough.

But this isn't.

This is someone who spends so much time and effort, desperate to prove to the world that he knows everything that is going on. He re-tweets every tweet about a player when he gets it right and has people who worship every word he writes.

He is in a "privileged" position where he gets some info and has people who believe what he says. By making up rumours, which the press are obviously going to pick up based on his reputation, he is abusing the power he apparently has.

Hopefully now, people will stop paying him as much attention. For all we know, the next player he links us to could be a rumour he made up as well.
SullySpecial
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

GaryP wrote:Not clicking on the link to give the twunts ad revenue. Who was it they made it up about ?

To be fair I reckon 90% of their news is made up with educated guesses and ther other 10% board spin.
Angelo Romero
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Rare that I feel the need to defend the tabloids, but why wouldn’t they go with it? Their job is to entertain and sell papers, and the information of someone giving it out free on the internet but often with accuracy would be worth having. I’d feel he deserves credit were it a talent he possessed or down to hard work, but he’s just a guy who had a job and knows some people (supposedly).

If he wants the profile, he should enjoy this. He can boast, more people see it because his followers tweet, his profile rises and he can continue to be some shrouded celebrity on the internet to some mad folk who love to deify him. Whatever floats your boat, I’m sure he’s fine as a person, not that I always think he presents himself as so on Twitter.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

"Social experiment" Sports Interactive forum members did this about 10 years ago.

"Apologies for those we misled, it was only a bit of fun and to prove a point about transfer rumours but we reckon it has helped Angel Romero’s worldwide profile and, who knows, maybe one day he will get his move to England if he keeps on scoring goals like he has recently."
That's the most arrogant part about it - suggesting they are better than scouts.

Can we hope Balbuena thumps him?
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

There's a reason I keep coming back here and for me it's integrity. From the "I told you so's" and **** like this, which is misguided at best, I steer as clear as I can from these seemingly revered Twitter channels.

I hope this is the first summer of many where we don't know as much about what's going on, which will stop these cretins from being anywhere near relevant.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

So on one hand those West Ham individuals want to portray themselves as credible sources of West Ham information and on the other hand then admit to posting up a load of BS.

They love it, LOVE IT, when the nationals pick up something from their websites. It builds up their website and ad revenue when in faux outrage they post up links to the nationals reporting their "news" clearly implying.. Here look at this! Even the nationals take what we say seriously!

And making up false rumours is as old as the hills, it's as much a relevant social experiment in 2018 as using a ducking stool to identify witches.
GreenStHammer

Post by GreenStHammer »

Ex, iron mike and most west ham "ITK"s are grade A Cunnts who know nothing.

The only real ITKs are Jinxed and Peeza20
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

People aren’t really shocked by Whetstone & Ex seeking attention and bragging about fibbing, are they?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

SullySpecial wrote:In other news:

https://www.claretandhugh.info/the-tran ... never-was/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So this **** admits to lying to West Ham fans whilst he sits on the board of WHUISA?
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"

Post by Wilko1304 »

GreenStHammer wrote:Ex, iron mike and most west ham "ITK"s are grade A Cunnts who know nothing.

The only real ITKs are Jinxed and Peeza20
I doubt the two below really enjoy this being made some sort of rivalry, in the same way I’m sure these guys don’t have to be awful people just cos you don’t really like them.

Ironmike was extremely entertaining. It’s not exactly important enough for any of the weird aggression it provokes
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Wilko1304 wrote:
I doubt the two below really enjoy this being made some sort of rivalry, in the same way I’m sure these guys don’t have to be awful people just cos you don’t really like them.

Ironmike was extremely entertaining. It’s not exactly important enough for any of the weird aggression it provokes
I do find it weird that:
a) people hang on to the every word of 'ITKs', when history has told us that none of them get much more than half right - that is not a dig by the way, simply the reality of the situation, especially in the modern era where there are so many more rumours and possible transfer targets, and subterfuge is much easier

b) people spend time comparing the ITKs, or taking sides between them

Having said that (and in complete contradiction to point B above), BaggioBergkamp was the guvnor, and so was ThorsHammer (if it wasn't the same person)
Wilko1304

Post by Wilko1304 »

I’d suggest that they get nothing “wrong” as such, they pass on info. Which arguably was correct st the time, transfers change, targets change and ideas change.
Sherbet Dab
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Sherbet Dab »

Kialos wrote:And making up false rumours is as old as the hills,
Not that I would ever dream of a world class manager like Mourinho for example ever doing this, perish the thought. :shock:

Reading the 'transfer rumour that never was' I get the feeling Ex really thinks he's the first ever to do this.... yawn :asleep:
Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

West Ham's 22-year-old Swiss midfielder Edimilson Fernandes is set to join Fiorentina on loan.

According to the Sunday Express:
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ntina-loan
JLCABA
Has liked: 202 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

Shy Ted wrote:West Ham's 22-year-old Swiss midfielder Edimilson Fernandes is set to join Fiorentina on loan.

According to the Sunday Express:
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ntina-loan
In my humble opinion our worst player ...

Alex Bunbury John Redford Wayne Quinn bad ...

The transfer window gets better and better