Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini sacked

Post by thejackhammer »

Those Moyes stats arent true Nero.

His record isn't great by any stretch, but we beat Chelsea under him, and he beat Liverpool a few times as Everton manager so that's already the 2 win stat dispelled.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

S-H wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:56 pm West Ham, GSB and Moyes, are the perfect storm of crapness.

Like the perfect poo that just disappears down the pan without a trace.
:D
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

thejackhammer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:03 pm Those Moyes stats arent true Nero.
It certainly looks... unlikely.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

BondsoBob wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:57 pm I think under Pellegrini we were in danger of going down.
Under Mr. Winalot we are definitely going down.
Pellegrini had just lost to Crystal Palace and a Leicester reserve side before Moyes came in and we actually won our first game under him. I’ve heard that was due to Pellegrini tactics though :lol:. You know, those tactics which saw us win loads of other home games this season :?. The main reason to expect us to go down is because we have less games now than under Pellegrini, but I’m struggling to see where this faith that Pellegrini would’ve still kept us comes from...we plummeted under him. In form and performances.

I am certainly disappointed with what I saw from Moyes against Man City, but I haven’t seen anything worse from him than some of the stuff from Pellegrini this season. That doesn’t make him the right man to keep us up at all, far from it, but the assumption we are worse under him all of a sudden just seems a bit dramatic.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

pellegrinis insistence on playing roberto , was enough to justify his sacking , Moyes insistence on playing cresswell in a back 3 with masuaku et al is enough for the same fate imo. the same tactics just will not work 2 years later with the drive of arnie , lanzinis's knackered and his omittance of fornals who looked like discovering his feet is bewildering . i actually reckon i could pick a better XI than either of those 2
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:29 pm With Fabainski in goal, Antonio fit, Soucek and Bowen in the squad, Pelligrini would very likely have got us safe as we would pick up a couple of away wins, and our home form would have improved with the extra squad options and a more than competent goalkeeper

Of course it is all opinion, but i am sure we would have beaten Bournemouth under him, and picked up at least as many points that Moyes has accrued
Yeah, but he, his son and his sidekick Husillos would have probably signed more La Liga lightweights instead.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

I googled "David Moyes managerial record against top 4" and this was the first option.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-moy ... rainer/450

This goes to show the danger of sharing information without any kind of fact checking before hand as how many times have we seen that "2 wins" quote posted. In my opinion it further validates peoples feelings towards him and makes the overall feel around the club more negative at a time where we need a little bit of spirit.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Lil Joe 17 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:38 pm I googled "David Moyes managerial record against top 4" and this was the first option.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-moy ... rainer/450

This goes to show the danger of sharing information without any kind of fact checking before hand as how many times have we seen that "2 wins" quote posted. In my opinion it further validates peoples feelings towards him and makes the overall feel around the club more negative at a time where we need a little bit of spirit.
Also as an aside - his record isnt fantastic but i'm sure not many managers are. Theres a reason why these sides are in the top after all.
Pentonville
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by Pentonville »

Lil Joe 17 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:38 pm
we need a little bit of spirit.
More than a little bit of spirit, whatever your tipple - clearly things look a lot rosier from the other side of the world. Roll on the championship and a new younger manager with more than one idea.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Moyes is sooooo bad he managed to lose to West Ham three times. :lol:
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

bubbles1966 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:39 pm Moyes is sooooo bad he managed to lose to West Ham three times. :lol:
:thup:
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Feel like pure ****, just want Pellegrino back :(
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:03 pm Feel like pure ****, just want Pellegrino back :(
Southampton legend! :lol:
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

I’ll say it again; if fabianski stays fit, MP is still our manager and we are looking up not down.

Letting Adrian go has probably cost us premier league status
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

And gained him a title winner's medal!
Overchuffed
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Overchuffed »

Upminster Hammer wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:07 pm
Most definitely will be winning the ‘Most Missed Player of the Season’ in the KUMB awards.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Upminster Hammer wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:07 pm I’ll say it again; if fabianski stays fit, MP is still our manager and we are looking up not down.

I'm sure Adrian doesn't mind!
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1143 likes

Post by Diogenes »

I honestly don't understand this excuse for Pellegrini - Roberto! He was Husillios choice whom Pellegrini chose. Also 'they' chose Haller, Fornals, Yarmelenko, Anderson, Wilshire etc. Daft in IMHO.
Softhammer

Post by Softhammer »

That clown of a professional goalie Roberto almost makes me laugh. What is he doing nowadays? Traveling the world? Is he getting some playtime in Spain?
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:56 pm I honestly don't understand this excuse for Pellegrini - Roberto! He was Husillios choice whom Pellegrini chose. Also 'they' chose Haller, Fornals, Yarmelenko, Anderson, Wilshire etc. Daft in IMHO.
Lazy reply. Where does the fault end then? Not Pellegrinis because Sullivan let him pick the DOF??

Haller formals, yarmelenko and Anderson are all very good footballers which unfortunately we are likely to whiteness next year and have seem glimpses under MP.

We were looking at top 6 when fabianski got I injured, not so sure what’s difficult to understand.