Harry Kane

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: Harry Kane

Post by warp »

should have dived at the last minute to get a penalty.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Needs to leave Spurs if he really wants to further his career and advance as a player. The skill set is there but he lacks a winning mentality after nearly winning trophies at Spurs but losing out every time. That psychological aspect of his game needs to change otherwise it'll hinder his career and England's chances of success as he is our skipper.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ hitting the target from one meter away would help too.
SullySpecial
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

He may well win the golden boot, but strange as it may sound, I think he’s really harmed his chances of joining a big club. I don’t think he’s been at all impressive in this WC. He disappeared for the two most important matches (and today), and if captains didn’t wear armbands, you would have sworn that Henderson was in charge. I reckon the 2018/19 premier league season is the season he gets found out.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

SullySpecial wrote:He may well win the golden boot, but strange as it may sound, I think he’s really harmed his chances of joining a big club. I don’t think he’s been at all impressive in this WC. He disappeared for the two most important matches (and today), and if captains didn’t wear armbands, you would have sworn that Henderson was in charge. I reckon the 2018/19 premier league season is the season he gets found out.
He’s scored 20+ goals in every season since 2014-15. He’s a match away from the golden boot at the WC (doesn’t matter how that happens at this level)

He’s not going to be “found out.”
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

The fact that he was totally anonymous in our last three games probably cost us our chance. TBH I have never been all that impressed when he has played against us and the amount of hype generated whenever he scores a penalty is unbelievable. No doubt he is a good player , it cannot be denied but not especially against us whenever I have seen him. 2 penalties and a deflection you were trying to get out of the way of does not make you world class. England lack a world class striker and that is why we are out.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

warp wrote:^ hitting the target from one meter away would help too.
He did, it was a great save.
e17

Post by e17 »

Golden boot winner of Russia 2018

Bravo
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

clawhammer wrote:The fact that he was totally anonymous in our last three games probably cost us our chance. TBH I have never been all that impressed when he has played against us and the amount of hype generated whenever he scores a penalty is unbelievable. No doubt he is a good player , it cannot be denied but not especially against us whenever I have seen him. 2 penalties and a deflection you were trying to get out of the way of does not make you world class. England lack a world class striker and that is why we are out.
Never understand this logic

Past 4 seasons.. 21 premier league goals... 25 premier league goals.. 29 premier league goals and finally 30 premier league goals

Just won the golden boot at a World Cup (first England player in 31 years so 7 world cups..)

Yet he still ain’t good enough

Think he’s more than proved he is class
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

clawhammer wrote:The fact that he was totally anonymous in our last three games probably cost us our chance. TBH I have never been all that impressed when he has played against us and the amount of hype generated whenever he scores a penalty is unbelievable. No doubt he is a good player , it cannot be denied but not especially against us whenever I have seen him. 2 penalties and a deflection you were trying to get out of the way of does not make you world class. England lack a world class striker and that is why we are I out.
In the group stages i did say my concern was what happens if Harry has off days. Unfortunately Lingard, Alli, Sterling et al couldn't produce when he did. We needed more end product but they just couldn't quite produce it this time round
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

In 10 hours of football, how many shots on target from open play??
A couple of penalties and one off his backside that he knew nothing about against teams that are the international equivalent to Sunday pub sides, he should be embarrassed to receive the golden Boot,
If I was a Real Madrid fan and had only seen him play in this world Cup, I wouldn't be rubbing my hands together with the thought of my club splashing £200m when there's players like mbappe out there
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

Billydinho wrote:Would you give him a round of applause if we won the World Cup?
I'll be giving him a round of "you let your country down"
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

He’s the luckiest golden boot winner ever. Even more so than Oleg salenko.

Largely anonymous and when it came down to the crunch found wanting
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Irrespective of his undoubted PL qualities, pretty laughable golden boot. 2 free headers from a yard out, streaky deflection that he didn't even see hit him and penalties awarded by some rank rugby style set piece marking.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

clawhammer wrote:. England lack a world class striker and that is why we are out.
We're out because we were over run in midfield and didn't get Kane any service.

Take the anti spurs glasses off.

Apparently he's crap because all his goals were "easy". Three penalties in matches, all scored, plus one in the shootout. Anyone else in the world cup with as good a record? Modric almost cost his country their place in the semi with a miss.

As to tap ins, well you've got to get into the right place to tap them in, something that is not easy.

He scored more or less every chance that was presented to him, and was only stopped vs Croatia by an absolutely outrageous save by Subasic. I'm not sure you can really ask much more from him.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

sendô wrote: We're out because we were over run in midfield and didn't get Kane any service.

Take the anti spurs glasses off.

Apparently he's crap because all his goals were "easy". Three penalties in matches, all scored, plus one in the shootout. Anyone else in the world cup with as good a record? Modric almost cost his country their place in the semi with a miss.

As to tap ins, well you've got to get into the right place to tap them in, something that is not easy.

He scored more or less every chance that was presented to him, and was only stopped vs Croatia by an absolutely outrageous save by Subasic. I'm not sure you can really ask much more from him.
Sterling gets himself in brilliant positions but fluffs it.. is slated

Kane gets himself constant in scoring postions and scores them
Slated

No wonder we never get anywhere with expectation that high
e17

Post by e17 »

People forget that Lineker hardly ever even left the penalty box and the fella was the best England striker of my lifetime
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Wasn't it Van Nistelrooy who only ever scored 1 goal for ManYoo outside the box in all his time there ? And that was a goalie cock up....

Had a mate who was a big Rangers fan. They had a bloke up there, can't remember who, but the forum used to batter him..What the f*** does he ever do - other than score goals !!!!!!!!!!

:lol:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Flat.
Track.
Bully.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Just read his name was booed by the crowd when he was announced as golden boot winner. He doesn't strike me as someone who people would hate, so was that purely down to the manner in which he won it, without really having to do much?