Harry Kane

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Re: Harry Kane

Post by sendô »

^ Probably more to do with the fact he is English and everyone seems to hate us for some reason.

All the more perplexing as we had one of the most likeable squads in some time, and Kane, despite being a Spurs player, comes across as a very affable chap.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Well done to Harry Kane.
The golden boot isn't given to the scorer of the most best goals, just the most goals.
I wouldn't care if they'd all gone in, off of his a**e.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

he's no luca toni
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 415 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Played well and was especially good against Columbia then he disappeared. Incredible composure with those penalties. It's not often you sit there feeling confident that an England player will stick a pen away.

I think having the **** kicked out of him that game and adding the ET etc knackered him out. I don't think his performances from then on warranted a starting place. He wasn't helped out by his team mates though particularly. Not much service.

To me we looked so much better when Rashford was involved, as he actually ran at people and didn't fall over like Sterling. Why he was used so sparingly i don't know. I would have liked to have seen him start against Belgium on Saturday. That's my only gripe really.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Played well and was especially good against Columbia then he disappeared. Incredible composure with those penalties. It's not often you sit there feeling confident that an England player will stick a pen away.
I think having the **** kicked out of him that game and adding the ET etc knackered him out. I don't think his performances from then on warranted a starting place. He wasn't helped out by his team mates though particularly. Not much service.
That's actually a bloody good point, Cb. He was certainly knocked about, in that game. It must take it out of you. Obviously all strikers should be used to getting that treatment.
I think all of our players in that match did well at restraining themselves as that seemed to be the main goal of Colombia, to get one of ours sent off.
But, how could GS have left Kane out? Captain & top-scorer, who was going to replace him as no.1 striker for a World Cup quarter-final?
It does add up though, how his performances seemed to go down, after that game.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

sendô wrote:^ Probably more to do with the fact he is English and everyone seems to hate us for some reason.

All the more perplexing as we had one of the most likeable squads in some time, and Kane, despite being a Spurs player, comes across as a very affable chap.
We discussed this at work

They hate us mainly due to the way we built our empire.. the stuff history doesn’t teach us in schools.. lots of raping and pillaging
Samba

Post by Samba »

mumbles87 wrote:They hate us mainly due to the way we built our empire.. the stuff history doesn’t teach us in schools.. lots of raping and pillaging
Maybe.
It's also worth remembering how many times this fair-isle's inhabitants were also raped & pillaged, in history.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

mumbles87 wrote:
They hate us mainly due to the way we built our empire.. the stuff history doesn’t teach us in schools.. lots of raping and pillaging
Far less raping and pillaging than most other empire builders and unlike France, for example, we generally have good relations with the inhabitants of our former colonies and are still seen as a country of "Fairplay" and justice around the world.

Back to Kane, I suspect scoring three penalties a lucky deflection and the two close-range goals from corners against Tunisia didn't really inspire too many non-English fans.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

mumbles87 wrote: They hate us mainly due to the way we built our empire.. the stuff history doesn’t teach us in schools.. lots of raping and pillaging
Yes, because we were the only country in history to ever do this. :eh:
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

sendô wrote:^ Probably more to do with the fact he is English and everyone seems to hate us for some reason.

A fair few Russians refereed to Croatia as team "Ukraine" and England as team "Novichok" i'd imagine that's the most likely reason
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

sendô wrote: Yes, because we were the only country in history to ever do this. :eh:
more that we did it then try to act holier than thou and portray ourselfs as the fair play honest country

anyways kane deserved his award. I love watching him play

would have been great to see Vardy play along side him at times but sterling did get us out of trouble a few times.. wasteful as hell but he can transport the ball from A to B quickly .. if someone could just teach him how to shoot
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

mumbles87 wrote:
would have been great to see Vardy play along side him at times but sterling did get us out of trouble a few times.. wasteful as hell but he can transport the ball from A to B quickly .. if someone could just teach him how to shoot

I honestly do not recall Sterling doing anything of any note to be honest Mumbles. :shock:
Westcliffspur
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Westcliffspur »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:02 pm Flat.
Track.
Bully.

📈 STAT: #thfc striker Harry Kane has now reached 50 international goals [71 apps] in fewer games than Messi [107], Cristiano Ronaldo [114], Lewandowski [90] and Neymar [74]. | @AsifBurhan

And all those mentioned take their nation's r penalties. Kane will easily go.past Rooney's England record of 53 goals in 120 games. Next season Kane will break Spurs all time scorer - Jimmy Greaves record too. I am not comparing Kane to Greavsie who is the greatest goalscorer in top flight English football. However, Kane certainly isn't a flat track bully and he's scored more away goals than home goals for Spurs. That takes some doing.