Fallout 76

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Mr_Mercury

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Mr_Mercury »

I played it for about an hour the other day but it was a very lonely experience. I found nobody else to join in with on missions and none of my friends own the game.

I died about 3 times as it feels most missons has you outnumbered. I wont give up on it as I love Fallout but it is a very odd experience. I feel there really should be some NPCs in the game to intereact with.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I'm hearing that its summed up as followed:

1. Go somewhere, on a quest, to find out whether someone is alive.
2. Come across loads of enemies
3. Establish new information from notes and from the computer terminals
4. Establish, in fact, that the 'someone' is dead
5. Move on to the next mission.

There is no interaction with anyone other than another online gamer, or an enemy, of some description, who is trying to kill you.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

prophet:marginal wrote:There is no interaction with anyone other than another online gamer, or an enemy, of some description, who is trying to kill you.
That's not happened to me yet. Either the other player just runs by mine as they go about their own business, or you occasionally get a wave and an offer to trade.

The best way to co-op is to play with another person you know, rather than try and gang up online.
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

Up the Junction wrote: That's not happened to me yet. Either the other player just runs by mine as they go about their own business, or you occasionally get a wave and an offer to trade.

The best way to co-op is to play with another person you know, rather than try and gang up online.
I bought the game on XBOX. If anyone here is interested in getting a team together then i'm happy to play with fellow hammers.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Lost my base tonight. Logged back in after an earlier session and my CAMP had been returned to my inventory as blueprints.
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

I bought it. . . . More to follow once it installs.

My friend has it as well so we can play co-op.
3Dicks
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by 3Dicks »

I think I'll just play new vegas again on backwards compatibility. If this was a kind of post apocalypse Destiny I'd be interested but what this is isn't what I want from a Fallout game. Hopefully it will get the same effort poured into it as elder Scrolls online which launched a mess but is somewhat respectable now... you'd have thought they would have learned from their mistakes on that but clearly given the persistent bugs from former games still popping up they don't.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

[quote="3Dicks" Hopefully it will get the same effort poured into it as elder Scrolls online which launched a mess but is somewhat respectable now... [/quote]
I suspect this is Bethesda's model - the ltd storage just reeks of 'paid for crafting bag'.
3Dicks

Post by 3Dicks »

Up the Junction wrote:I suspect this is Bethesda's model - the ltd storage just reeks of 'paid for crafting bag'.
I am of the understanding there is already an in game shop for cosmetic items. I wouldn't put it past them to add something like this

'Mary Poppins bag' - only £20
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

After watching some of the beta I was unconvinced.
IGN’s review of 5/10 given yesterday has ultimately lead me to admit that I will not be going anywhere near this. It sadly looks shallow and monotonous.
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Just played for the first time today.

I found someone who was AFK but being attacked by a creature. I killed the creature but they started following me and attacking me. I bloody love online games FFS.

Anyway, plays like a normal Fallout game, just started out but will keep you posted.

MrMercury I'm on Xbox as well, once I'm a bit more used to the game (and better) I'll message you if you're still interested?
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

Joyeux Marteau wrote:Just played for the first time today.

I found someone who was AFK but being attacked by a creature. I killed the creature but they started following me and attacking me. I bloody love online games FFS.

Anyway, plays like a normal Fallout game, just started out but will keep you posted.

MrMercury I'm on Xbox as well, once I'm a bit more used to the game (and better) I'll message you if you're still interested?
Sure, sounds good :thup: . I played more yesterday and did a few quests. I don't mind the game but I feel that my weapons are too weak and that whereever I go I am outnumbered by the Scortched and super mutants.
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

The bad news for Bethesda keeps on going...

https://gamerant.com/fallout-76-lawsuit-141/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Someone tried this in the UK will Hello Games (No Man's Sky). I don't think it even made court.
Joyeux Marteau

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

I played about three or four hours of this with my friend on Saturday and it was great fun. We spent most of the time being attacked by monsters and getting lost.

Any actual players were decent and didn't attack us so I was pleasantly surprised.

It is definitely fun to play with some one else that you know.

It only crashed once. . .(for my friend)
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Joyeux Marteau wrote:Any actual players were decent and didn't attack us so I was pleasantly surprised.
Am still to be attacked by any PC, having played since launch. I've given lots of stuff away to newbies I've met though, which is a strangely rewarding experience. And been helped similarly too.

New patch out today to sort several issues, includes craft bag size increase from 400 to 600lbs.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

I'm rapidly coming to the view that this is one of the most broken, bugged and incomplete games I've ever played.

Yet I can't put it down...
3Dicks

Post by 3Dicks »

Up the Junction wrote:I'm rapidly coming to the view that this is one of the most broken, bugged and incomplete games I've ever played.

Yet I can't put it down...
A lot like supporting West Ham I suppose :lol:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Exactly like West Ham!
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

It's taken a few weeks but something has finally clicked and I'm starting to enjoy the game, I think it was when I marched into the golf club and was immediately handed my arse by about 30 odd level 60 ghouls!

It was more funny than annoying :lol: