Fallout 76

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Up the Junction »

This week's update is a game changer.

You can no longer damage other players' houses (unless they attack you first) and you can now sell your unwanted items.

Worth a look, if you haven't played 76 for a while.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article ... e-purveyor
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Level 46 now. Bought the DLC vault pack (a season pass whatever that is, in the steam sale) and the game is wearing a bit thin. Settlements - their satisfaction rating goes up and down like a whores drawers. They have more than enough to keep the settlements satisfied - excess elec/water/food/shops/defence. The warnings that the settlements are being attacked just flash up really quick and it's easy to miss. and it becomes very repetitive bundling similar stuff over and over again.

Monsters - there are only a few types with variants with, to kill. Ghouls, Mutants, Raiders, robots and animals - and that's about it. Again t's getting a grind.

Legendary weapons and armour - are mostly crap tbh ,even when you mod them up. Speaking of armour, I've got various suits of Power Armour that I have modded up but have never used as I don't really need it. I've not come across nothing I can't kill with the weapons and armour I have used,

Quests - I've done loads of quests for loads of factions - BOS, MM and RR mainly - and they just keep throwing these "go there, do this, come back" type deals. I've no idea what my standing is with them and they don't seem to conflict each other. AS for the main plot line - I lost that thread yonks ago no idea what to do now,.

The good points. I like equipping my settlers with really good - legendary - gear and help them kick ass.

Ada is a great NPC, can carry a lot, is good in a ruck and can be modded and is a real help.

Wandering about and finding places that a new and interesting.

Watching Fallout 4 vids to get new ideas.

Mods - are there any that are essential and that you recommend?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

I was reading this and thinking "I don't remember that in 76"... :D
Pocket Pardew
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pocket Pardew »

I'm a massive Fallout fan and have clocked over a thousand hours (and that's not an exaggeration) on these games over the years. But.... 76 just hasn't grabbed me in yet. Admittedly I've only sunk about 10 hours in but I'm finding it a little hollow so far. Knowing there are no NPC's to interact with just gives it a real feeling of nothingness to me. Thankfully it looks like this will be addressed later this year with the 76 year 2 update but I need to plough through this game to get to that stage.

Should I plow on and hope I finally get the hook?. I love the graphics and the look of the place but already feel the repetition of collecting data pads and listening to messages.

A little gutted with this game but will persevere I suppose.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Pocket Pardew wrote: Knowing there are no NPC's to interact with just gives it a real feeling of nothingness to me.
The game is full of NPCs. Rose is probably the most prominent you'll meet.

As for the lack of human NPCs - that's being addressed in the next patch.

At level 50 you can utilise the game's best gear. Might be worth hanging on until then to see whether it grabs you.
Pocket Pardew

Post by Pocket Pardew »

Yeah I'm going to continue as the Fallout series is by far my favourite. I'm sure it will hook me in.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

If you're on PS4, I'd be happy to tag along with you (and chuck some goodies your way).
Pocket Pardew

Post by Pocket Pardew »

Up the Junction wrote:If you're on PS4, I'd be happy to tag along with you (and chuck some goodies your way).
Ah damn I’m an Xboxer. Cheers though Guv, that’s very kind of you to offer.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Is anyone still playing '76? A ton of new content (and NPCs!) added since I last looked in around 18 months ago.
Pocket Pardew

Post by Pocket Pardew »

I tried, I really did try but without the NPC’s it just felt so hollow. The odd online link up also just took away from the whole atmosphere of what fallout games are all about. I truly love the fallout games and have plowed years into these but 76 just made it so empty.
I know there are NPC’s added but does this make it feel like Fallout again? If so, I’ll give it a go again and start over.

I’ve been hammering Skyrim (never played it originally) and have been hooked in. It’s not as good as FO but obviously the same developers so it’s familiar . Nothing however beats just wandering a desolate post nuclear wasteland with you dog scavenging for bottle caps and Ammo.....
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Pocket Pardew wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:00 amI know there are NPC’s added but does this make it feel like Fallout again?
I don't know if it makes it feel like Fallout but all the main tropes are there - the ability to build a home; new beasties and NPCs; factions (Brotherhood etc), weapons and caps etc.

If you've already got it have a look in, I guess you've got nowt to lose.
Pocket Pardew

Post by Pocket Pardew »

Excellent UTJ. I will definitely give it another go then once I've finished Skyrim. Cannot wait to see what a next gen console version of Fallout will eventually look like. No doubt there are 5-6 years to wait first however.
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Right so I've just started playing this, not very far in at all. Me and my mate have just started building our bases next to the bar where the first mission starts.

Any hints and tips for a beginner.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

RayleighIrons wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:19 pm Right so I've just started playing this, not very far in at all. Me and my mate have just started building our bases next to the bar where the first mission starts.

Any hints and tips for a beginner.
Avoid Preston ****ing Garvey.
Pocket Pardew

Post by Pocket Pardew »

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:41 pm Avoid Preston ****ing Garvey.
:crossed: Is he in 76 as well?. I know he was a pain in the arse in Fallout 4.