Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by Gaz »

Awesome from George, impeccable throughout.

I'm afraid I'm in the anyone but red bull camp until they start showing some humility and contrition, but golden boy not giving that place back ...
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Great win for George. Been one of the drivers of the season for me.

Hopefully many more to come.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Gloves off at Red Bull

Perez after the race on Max not letting him through "He shows who he really is".

I expect Perez to be driving go-carts by the end of the week.

Checo on Mexican TV after (something might be lost in Translation here.)

“I don’t understand why Max didn’t give me the position after all I’ve done for him. If he has two championships it is because of me”
Last edited by wolf359 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Top race and weekend by George - great to see him get his first F1 win.

Well backed up by Lewis today who recovered well from Verstappen once again expecting to be let through without defence.

Then Max goes to show what most of us already know about him, refusing Checo the position back which would be best for the team. Absolute twat who’s been gifted 2 championships and should learn some humility.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

If Horner and red bull have any backbone then they’d punish or distance themselves at least from maxs actions. However seeing as it’s effectively team max I imagine Perez will be told not to cause issues if he wants to continue in his seat..
westham,eggyandchips

Max is being a right helmet.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:20 pm Max is being a right helmet.
Not for the first, nor the last time.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I don't usually have much to say on F1- but Max is a **** isn't he?

Poor form.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

I wonder if they will take any action, Max has admitted he had nothing to lose and knew that either Lewis would back out or they would crash, but he's champ so it doesn't matter. That mentality could get someone killed. A real window into him mindset.. Shame the FIA have fed this for so long, you reap what you sow.
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Gaz »

Yeah my first reaction was that Verstappens move was arrogance in the extreme, it seems the only driver on the grid not willing to yield is Hamilton.

Brundle seemed to obsess about turn one, the incident happened at turn two where Max was clearly behind, and Lewis wasn't about to wave him through. At worst a racing incident, at best completely avoidable. In fact, later in the race Sainz was in a similar situation and backed out to fight another lap.

Max is a very talented driver but this arrogance and aggressive nature needs to me moderated somehow. My best hope is that there is internal friction in the red bull camp next year, coupled with the wind tunnel time restriction, and hopefully Red Bull corp getting cold feet with the passing of Dieter Matterschmidt, we might see the back of Horner and Marko.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

wolf359 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:47 pm A real window into him mindset.. Shame the FIA have fed this for so long, you reap what you sow.
This is a driver who ended up with his car parked on another drivers HEAD and didn't show a moments concern for their wellbeing, I doubt a bit of bumper cars is going to concern him.

Tbf, I've not seen todays incident. I've probably seen an hour, in total of F1 all season. I might watch the 4min YouTube highlights while I'm having my cornflakes in the morning.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Gaz wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:10 pm Yeah my first reaction was that Verstappens move was arrogance in the extreme, it seems the only driver on the grid not willing to yield is Hamilton.
Exactly that. If the situation was in reverse no way would Max have left Lewis space. Lewis is laying down a marker for next year, he will never back down in a corner again with the Dutch one.

If Max wants to bully, he's better be prepared for DNFs now. I think George will be as firm, and both Sainz ans Leclerc are pretty tough with him as well. Going to be a lot more contact going forward.

As for shafting Checo. Even Red Bull fans must now see the truth.

Massive congrats to George. :thup:
Friend or Foé
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Friend or Foé »

A satisfying watch was that one.
George was impeccable though out and thought that Hamilton handled the situation with dignity by congratulating him generously along with congratulating his team.
Now over to the red bull garage, if ever there was a race weekend that highlighted exactly how that team operates, this was it. The ethos of myopic driver promotion management of firstly Vettel and now Max backfired when for one moment humility and reciprocal teamwork was called for, just like the multi 21 debacle.
This petulance stems right from the very top of the team and is why I have never warmed to them or their tactics. The only person within their ranks worth any salt is the chief designer.
westham,eggyandchips

Charles also behaving like a knob. Ocon thought twice about acting like a knob.

Lots of it about this weekend.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:03 am Charles also behaving like a knob. Ocon thought twice about acting like a knob.

Lots of it about this weekend.
Something in the water only Merc and Alfa seem not to have issues at the moment.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

I missed everything this weekend and have only been able to catch brief highlights.

Verstappen is a cock. It's the same all the time, he charges into non existant gaps looking to over take because he knows most other drivers will pull out trying to avoid a collision. Hamilton has made a point of not yielding time and again now, but Verstappen seems to be so arrogant he keeps doing the same thing over and over. He even said post race that Hamilton "did not leave me the space" despite Hamilton not being obliged to move over and let him through. I suppose we should come to expect it from a disciple of Horner. He couldn't even let Perez keep his place in a dead rubber.

Supremely talented driver, but an ****hole. I fear sooner or later he will cause a bad accident doing what he does.

Great win for Russell, fully deserved and good to see Hamilton second. Tough break for Magnusson to go from pole to 7th in the sprint to DNF.

19 points between Ferrari and Mercedes going into Abu Dhabi. Can they do it?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

If Perez loses second in the championship because of Verstappen's refusal to honour the agreement, next season could be fun.

"Checko, let Max through. He's more important than you."

"Fzzt, krbkkkt. I seem to be having radio trouble."
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:42 pm If Perez loses second in the championship because of Verstappen's refusal to honour the agreement, next season could be fun.

"Checko, let Max through. He's more important than you."

"Fzzt, krbkkkt. I seem to be having radio trouble."
It seems that the issue goes back to Perez apparently deliberately crashing in Quali at Monaco, denying Max a shot at pole. If true seems Checo fits into the Red Bull way of cheating, sorry I mean thinking perfectly.

But Max, like Alonso in the past at McClaren, is such a nasty self centered piece of work, he's willing to air his team's dirty laundry in public for his own greater benefit.

Is the FIA going to investigate this?
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

To be honest, I can see where Verstappen is coming from. This is racing. You either win, or you don't. Who cares about second or third place?
Disobeying team orders is a different kettle....

As for his aggressive driving, every driver who wants to win, is aggressive. They push until they are either punished by the forces of nature or the stewards. The latter have been inconsistent for how many years now? With time, its easy to forget just how ruthless other memorable greats were. Senna, Schumacher for instance.

Was refreshing to see Red Bull not on top, yet still Verstappen is still the clear favourite for next season. Only he can stop himself. Maybe pressure from both Merc and Ferrari can become too much for even him? A three way fight would be ideal. Also a three way between McLaren, Alpine and Aston Martin would be fun. :fxd:
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

szola wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:43 am . Also a three way between McLaren, Alpine and Aston Martin would be fun. :fxd:
Alonso and Stroll at AM is enough for me, got to end in fireworks.

News. Binotto gets the boot from Ferrari they poach Vasseur from Alfa Romero. (Been reported but nothing from teams so not ‘official’)