Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 872 likes
Total likes: 850 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

As blatantly bent as VAR decisions for Sky 6

Mercedes had the measure of Red Bull there before their junior team created a convenient safety car yet again
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Could they do anymore to make sure Max won the race once Mercedes’ had the audacity to be good in race trim and have a good race plan.

Twice this weekend I’ve been totally pissed off by some dodgy sporting ****. I hope FIA/Liberty are pleased when no one bothers anymore after watching Max win race after race. At least Mercedes’ dominated with their own skill and didn’t need timely safety cars and a patsy second team.

Lewis must have kicked a cat, broke some mirrors and walked under ladders at some point late last season. Bloke can’t get anything to run for him.
Last edited by wolf359 on Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon hammer
Has liked: 993 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

There's very little, if any, sporting integrity left in F1 and football. It's all manipulated for TV programs or to maintain a 'product'.

Sickening.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

wolf359 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:31 pm I hope FIA/Liberty are pleased when no one bothers anymore after watching Max win race after race.
They've got the drive to survive generation to take our place, as well as the USA market growing and growing.

They won't give a ****.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:31 pm As blatantly bent as VAR decisions for Sky 6

Mercedes had the measure of Red Bull there before their junior team created a convenient safety car yet again
Ludicrous.

I think Bottas stopping hurt LH more.

Mercedes are having an absolute 'Ferrari' of a race.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

-DL- wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:34 pm They've got the drive to survive generation to take our place, as well as the USA market growing and growing.

They won't give a ****.
A common theme, I’ve been replaced in football, F1 and they are trying their best in cricket. I might take up watching WWE at least they are honest about what they are.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:35 pm Ludicrous.

What alternative reality is that? Up to the Yuki iffy **** they had nailed it with tyres, pace and pit stops.
Chicken Run Supreme

Has there been a luckier driver than Verstappen
Chicken Run Supreme

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:35 pm Ludicrous.

Alphtouri safety car made all the difference
westham,eggyandchips

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:41 pm Alphtouri safety car made all the difference
Mercedes tyre decisions were pretty influential too.
Chicken Run Supreme

True, but the race had already fallen back into Max’s lap by then virtue of the safety car.

Safety car tyre changes need to be looked at. Shouldn’t be allowed .

Mercedes we’re looking good for 1-2 before Red Bull’s junior team helped them out again
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Gaz »

Easier to roll the dice when you're not leading the race. As the leader you're damned if you do and damned if you don't in those situations.

At the very least, convenient incidents from the sister team at opportune times will always raise suspicions so it shouldn't be allowed just for that reason alone.

I also think pit stops under virtual or real safety cars brings a huge element of luck into it so should probably be banned.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Gaz wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:04 pm I also think pit stops under virtual or real safety cars brings a huge element of luck into it so should probably be banned.
The mandatory pit stop in F2 is banned under VSC (you can stop if pit lane open but it does not count as the mandated stop) and for this weekend was the same under the Safety car also (due to the number of cars and risk to mechanics.)

Maybe the big boys could learn from the lower competition and implement something along those lines or just make it simple you can stop under the SC/VSC but you have to wait until the field has passed to rejoin.
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Haven't watched one F1 race this season. Know a few who've done the same.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Bare in mind, it's two weeks on the trot there has been something 'iffy' with AT & RB, when the two AT's got out of Max's way on the grid and started from the pit lane instead.

There is radio on Twitter doing the rounds of "Get out of the pitlane and stop the car" between AT and Tsunoda.

He could and should have stopped in the pit lane, the pit lane would have been closed to allow for recovery, and the race continued - but nope - that would have meant Max couldn't have stopped for tyres whilst it was closed.

I get the Bottas thing didn't help matters, but once again, the car in front is put at a disadvantage when there is a safety car when everyone can pit for tyres.

A directive should be put in (not this season, let every race play out under the same rules) where pit stops should only take place under racing conditions, with strict exemptions from the rule - such as damage to the car that could cause debris to go on track, reasons of verifiable safety or punctures - with the data clearly available to FIA to show that tyres are losing pressure so the rule can't be abused.

I fully appreciate that rules have been manipulated in F1 since the very beginning - but this four car team malarky needs to be stopped. You've got the RB and AT fans on Twitter coming out with stuff like all communications are monitored - so what, does that include Helmut Marco dropping someone a WhatsApp? Someone else doing the same after a little whisper in the lug 'ole? If RB want to get a message to AT, it really wouldn't be difficult - but then, they may not even need to when strategists are paid handsomely to make decisions that benefit the team - and in the case of RB & AT, even the most biggest of doubters of skullduggery can't deny that in effect, they are the same team -so AT will make decisions off their own back that will benefit their pay masters. Remember - they were not called Toro Rosso for nothing.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1856 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

smuts wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:30 pm Haven't watched one F1 race this season. Know a few who've done the same.
:hi-five:
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

smuts wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:30 pm Haven't watched one F1 race this season. Know a few who've done the same.
I wish I was a strong, though my real enjoyment is getting up early to watch the F2 and F3, pure, bonkers racing (most of the time.)
westham,eggyandchips

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:59 pm

Safety car tyre changes need to be looked at. Shouldn’t be allowed .

100% agree. :newthumb:

Let's not forget they've been advantageous to Mercedes and lots of other teams over the years though.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

It’s a shame, the Mercs had good pace and were on a solid strategy. How are AT going to explain sending Tsunoda back out of the pits when his car was clearly crocked, much less him actually leaving the pit lane and round all of what, two or three bends before pulling over?

As it was though it was the SC after Bottas pulled over that did for Hamilton. Mercedes best chance of getting what they wanted that race was to go to softs, Hamilton should have matched Verstappen’s move. They had good pace, and both overtook Checo iirc. It’s harsh on Hamilton, it’s been a shitter of a season and he’s had no luck.

Although it could be worse, he could be Carlos Sainz and be driving for Ferrari. :lol:

In other news points again for both Alpines whilst Riccardo could only manage to finish second last ahead of Latifi. It really is Lando Norris fighting the French off on his own for McLaren.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 815 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

It would have been so nice this weekend to have watched sport where the best team/person won without any outside interference.