Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by Gaz »

Is the budget non-compliance actually a thing? Just watched Sky F1 show from yesterday evening and it wasn't mentioned ...
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

aaronhammer wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:56 am

I really hope Red Bull get shafted! If it gives Lewis the title last year he deserved in the process - even better!
I want to see the rules enforced properly and in such a way that it leaves no doubt whatsoever that any team found guilty of breaking the rules will be severely punished. None of this "here, have a fine and a slapped wrist" nonsense that, as you rightly point out, could lead to teams that can afford the fine, simply breaking the rules.

On your point about Lewis...I'm sure he wouldn't want to win the title retrospectively in such a manner, although I'm also sure he'll take it if it happens. Some may deem it to be the right result that Lewis is handed a title, given the furore over how last season ended...but still, winning it on the track would have been the best way and I'm sure, in the mind of a competitor like Lewis, the only proper way.

Interesting to see what Red Bull do in qualifying today. Do they try and mitigate circumstances somewhat by "having a bad day" or do they just go for it?
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Well it seems there is a much bigger issue in F1. Lewis has his nose piercing in. 💩
simon hammer

Post by simon hammer »

Leclerc, Sainz, Hamilton top three...Max in 8th, told to box the car on his final flying lap before he could finish it. He also has Perez, Alonso, Norris and Gasly ahead of him on the grid. Tough ask to get on the podium from 8th at this track, nevermind win the race.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

simon hammer wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:10 pm Leclerc, Sainz, Hamilton top three...Max in 8th, told to box the car on his final flying lap before he could finish it. He also has Perez, Alonso, Norris and Gasly ahead of him on the grid. Tough ask to get on the podium from 8th at this track, nevermind win the race.
Perez, Gasly and his bestie Alonso will move aside for him so only Norris really in the way.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

The financial doping from last year will have allowed them an unfair advantage going into this year and next season too. I can't imagine that they overspent last year and didn't this year either.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

I can't see Alonso moving aside for anyone. Odds on Ferrari actually getting their car to the finish line when starting on pole? This might be as good a chance as Hamilton is likely to get to claim a win for this season, even if it is Singapore.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

sendô wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:27 pm I can't see Alonso moving aside for anyone. Odds on Ferrari actually getting their car to the finish line when starting on pole? This might be as good a chance as Hamilton is likely to get to claim a win for this season, even if it is Singapore.
He's moved out of the way of Max on a number of occasions already, those two need to get a room. Just listen to them in the press.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Been in Mexico two weeks and have been out of touch with news. Can someone give me a breakdown on the latest please as I don’t wish to trawl through Reddit as I would rather stick pins in my eyes.

Is this apparent red bull exceeding cost cap going to amount to anything? Or are we still currently waiting for more news.

Just arrived back and looks like we got a tasty grid for the race today.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

k-r-c wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:55 am Is this apparent red bull exceeding cost cap going to amount to anything? Or are we still currently waiting for more news.
WE are waiting but there are strong rumours of a major breach from RB (and a minor one from AM) . Punishments range from a finanical one to DQ from both the championships last year (and a lot in-between). Other TPs are pushing for action for this year as the breach would benefit the current car (and beyond).. It is going to get messy either way with RB currently screaming innocence and trying to make this about people with 'illegal' leaks and hinting at legal action

Wednesday is supposed to be the next significant day.
Last edited by wolf359 on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

I'd wager the most we'll see is some sort of fine and points deduction that doesn't take either this year's or last year's drivers championship away from Verstappen.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

sendô wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:38 am I'd wager the most we'll see is some sort of fine and points deduction that doesn't take either this year's or last year's drivers championship away from Verstappen.
And red bull to be mysteriously bad next year (Ferrari -‘ not cheating, cheating engine style) whilst the details of the breach remain private.

Reports are RB are $10 million over, well in to ‘major’ breach.
k-r-c

Post by k-r-c »

Thanks for updates.

Just ****ed over to F1 to see it’s hammering down, so I presume we will see a delay to the start.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Let’s just hope we don’t end up with a joke race like Spa last year
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

aaronhammer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:15 pm Let’s just hope we don’t end up with a joke race like Spa last year
Five past two start. Got to have the celebs on the grid 💩. Nearly as bad as cricket. Just get on with it.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

If they start on the inters then it just reaffirms the joke to have delayed it by so long.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

aaronhammer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:06 pm If they start on the inters then it just reaffirms the joke to have delayed it by so long.
Might as well get rid of the wets and save on transportation, 18 of the best drivers (plus stroll and Latifi) in the world and we have to wait for it to dry up. Joke.
simon hammer

Post by simon hammer »

wolf359 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:13 pm Might as well get rid of the wets and save on transportation, 18 of the best drivers (plus stroll and Latifi) in the world and we have to wait for it to dry up. Joke.
Looks like the line being trotted out is "it's really slippy on track" with the emphasis being put on the word "slippy" and trying to shoe horn it in at every opportunity.

Haven't seen anyone fall over yet which generally happens on a slippy surface.

It's almost like someone is trying to justify it.

The girl doing the interviewing alongside Di Resta...not seen her before?
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Gaz »

Anyone with doubts about RBs relationship with Alpha Tauri should just check out Max's overtakes of Tsunoda and Gasly :chin:
k-r-c

Post by k-r-c »

Forgot how dull this track is.