Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by Gaz »

Paraphrasing:

Lambiase: well done Max, that's how to get it done, and with no contact as well.

Max: yeah I know how to do that

That exchange after Max passed George on the restart, actually riled me the most. Anyone that knows racing, in any form would understand that things are much easier when you have a second a lap on everyone else. I'd refer Max to Max in '21.Max basically doesn't want racing or enjoyment, or entertainment it seems.

Already, the only hope is that Checo beats Max over the next couple of rounds to get a points advantage, then we can sit back and watch the fun.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Well done George for telling smelly breath to do one.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

So max leads by lap 4 (as soon as DRS enabled). 35 kmph differential to the Ferrari with DRS enabled for Max. Nuts.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Not much of a race. The Verstappen’s will be unhappy. Good drive from Perez to deal comfortably with the pressure.

Red Bull’s aside overtaking and following becoming increasingly problematic and it was a snooze fest as a result.

Ocon pits on the final lap with a pit lane full of people, photographers and celebrating Red Bull crew amongst them. Shocking H+S and rules not being followed.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1566 likes

Post by alf git »

You could tell by his stupid boat that he was furious about that.

Someone could have been killed in the pit lane. Will Redbull be getting sanctioned?
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

They did a good job today of missing the little action there was on tv.

The bulls are so far ahead still and not sure if Leclerc just extracted the maximum from a Ferrari like Mercedes did in aus. Certain tracks suit certain cars.

Thankfully checo won as anybody who says you watch F1 for the battles all the way down is talking **** (although yes it’s good to see). End of the day we are watching for the victory and challenging for it.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Good that Perez matched Verstappen but expect Perez to get weird strategy calls, strange set up issues and slow pit stops for the next few.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

wolf359 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:38 pm Not much of a race. The Verstappen’s will be unhappy. Good drive from Perez to deal comfortably with the pressure.

Red Bull’s aside overtaking and following becoming increasingly problematic and it was a snooze fest as a result.
Says it all really. F1 is really on a slippery slope at present. I've been missing it for the last week, and then when it arrives it's such a poor show.

The only joy is Perez ruffling Max's feathers. A dnf for Max at Miami would really spice the championship up.
westham,eggyandchips

"Checo got lucky today Max"

Horner is doing it on purpose now.......Panto villain. :crylol:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

I completely forgot it was on this weekend. Perez besting Verstappen aside it seems I didnt miss much.

Meh.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Miami coming up on Sunday

Could someone enlighten me why others aren't simply copying Red Bull's design?

In MotoGP, all the factories are looking at the developments of the others.
They even walk up and down in the paddock and look at the other bikes :smiler:
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

szola wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:38 am Miami coming up on Sunday

Could someone enlighten me why others aren't simply copying Red Bull's design?
Cost cap for one, some teams (Merc) would need to build from the ground up again and it is not possible, secondly they need to work out what RB are doing (the mega DRS seems to be a mystery to other teams) to be able to copy it. Thirdly (in some cases) Pride.

They are all slowly converging but simply copying Red Bull isn't a complete answer, a number of the slower teams are more RB like and it has not helped them.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

If I read Toto's comment right, he says that they will change. Due to the cost cap, they'll need to change more slowly. Otherwise they would have already been throwing new designs into the mix.

Its strange that no other team have found the Red Bull DRS key. At least five teams who want to climb onto the top spot, with plenty of talent within (Alpine, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren?)
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

szola wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:07 am If I read Toto's comment right, he says that they will change. Due to the cost cap, they'll need to change more slowly. Otherwise they would have already been throwing new designs into the mix.
They could of course account it as 'sandwiches' works for some other people.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Weird comments on social media and various fan sites over the last few days implying RB is divided, essentially Checo's side of the garage doing their own thing versus the whole team being pro Max. I've not seen anything from reputable source so is all conjecture, but it would be good if true.

The only potential fly in the ointment is that Ricciardo is hovering in the background like the forfeit car in the old Top Gear episodes, should Perez fail to comply.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Gaz wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:27 pm Weird comments on social media and various fan sites over the last few days implying RB is divided, essentially Checo's side of the garage doing their own thing versus the whole team being pro Max. I've not seen anything from reputable source so is all conjecture, but it would be good if true.

The only potential fly in the ointment is that Ricciardo is hovering in the background like the forfeit car in the old Top Gear episodes, should Perez fail to comply.
I've head on the podcast grape-vine that Ricciardo in the simulator has been an eye opener.. He is terrible, Liam Lawson is destroying him.. if true he is finished.

I hope Checo nuts the mardy git and gives him something to really cry about..

To be honest, making up stories about a potential Red Bull implosion is all we really have left this season... Sad..
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

I'm really looking forward to Mexico this season for some reason. :crossed:
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1566 likes

Post by alf git »

Gaz wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:27 pm Weird comments on social media and various fan sites over the last few days implying RB is divided, essentially Checo's side of the garage doing their own thing versus the whole team being pro Max. I've not seen anything from reputable source so is all conjecture, but it would be good if true.

I find this surprising. Redbull have zero history of team mates falling out.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Snooze fest incoming.

Perez engine been turned down and need to make sure max can show his dominance.

I’ll watch quali but if it goes as predicted I will not watch tomorrow and would rather watch us.
westham,eggyandchips

Martin Brundle looks poorly. Lost loads of weight.