Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by k-r-c »

Why is the Perez safety car incident being investigated after the race?

If he has broken the 10 car lengths rule then it’s a slam dunk.
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

k-r-c wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:57 pm Why is the Perez safety car incident being investigated after the race?

If he has broken the 10 car lengths rule then it’s a slam dunk.
Apparently it is for the gesturing at the car. AND the 10 lengths. If so that’s a nothing thing and shouldn’t be a penalty. If it’s ten car lengths then it’s binary and why wait.

They’ll give him 5 seconds so it doesn’t change the result. Gutless as per usual.
Last edited by wolf359 on Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Shocker of a race from Hamilton.

Also wish this track never came back. Sky commentary bigging it up but apart from Verstappen having a car far better than the rest without DRS there would have been barely any overtakes and even with DRS it still didn’t help so much.

Tough race for the drivers. Tough race for us watching.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

k-r-c wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:14 pm Shocker of a race from Hamilton.

Tough race for the drivers. Tough race for us watching.
Merc’s just couldn’t get energy in the tyres, both tip toeing around all race. They have to sort out this design flaw for next season.

Looks fantastic but it is not a good track. Needs safety cars and people going for funky decisions to make it a race.
Last edited by wolf359 on Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

There are so many different elements of F1 that are interesting.

Not one of them is "the race".

That was soooooooo dull.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Win stands 5 second penalty, who’d have predicted that!!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

I completely missed the race, but judging by the highlights I didn't miss anything. A few cars sliding on/understeering in the wet, and literally ****ing noone overtaking except Verstappen a bit.

Still, the backdrop looked interesting on the tele.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

sendô wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:42 pm I completely missed the race, but judging by the highlights I didn't miss anything. A few cars sliding on/understeering in the wet, and literally ****ing noone overtaking except Verstappen a bit.

Still, the backdrop looked interesting on the tele.
Some of the unforced errors were good fun.

And Max didnt win, so there was an avoidable meltdown on here.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

k-r-c wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:14 pm Shocker of a race from Hamilton.
Certainly was and probably his best chance of maintaining his proud record of having won at least one GP in every season. Starting third on the grid and wet conditions, all the ingredients were there for a Hamilton special but a couple of uncharacteristic errors put that to bed.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:49 pm And Max didnt win, so there was an avoidable meltdown on here.
Nice to see a cheater not prosper for once.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:24 am Certainly was and probably his best chance of maintaining his proud record of having won at least one GP in every season. Starting third on the grid and wet conditions, all the ingredients were there for a Hamilton special but a couple of uncharacteristic errors put that to bed.
Never thought pressure would get to Hamilton at this point in his career, but it looks like it has, I guess even the greats can have off days.

F1 has been poor for me this year, there have been moments, but not enough.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:20 am

You're right.

Ferrari and Mercedes have been way off, especially Ferrari. I think we'd all expect both teams to make improvements to their cars and their race management/strategies to be better next season.

Saying that, I wonder if some of the mistakes that have been made are down to being put under pressure by RB?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Pressure does a funny thing, so maybe it is, but you would expect that from the younger drivers, more than the pit team, bigger teams have had a bit of mare in the pits at times this season.

Be interesting this week with RB possibly going over budget, and if so, what will be the penalties?

I like close contests in any sport, bar maybe one year when WHU win the league by 30 points, and 2 cups, I would take for a year...
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:38 am Be interesting this week with RB possibly going over budget, and if so, what will be the penalties?
Can be anything from a public dressing down to DQ from both championships last year (and many things in between) it depends if it is above or below a 5% breach (less is considered minor, above major.) Going to be interesting and I am sure conversations in dark corners will take place.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Any overspending should have implications on future championships as well. It won't, but still.

Can't understand why there isn't a continuous oversight, at least a per week one.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1791 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:38 am ....................

Be interesting this week with RB possibly going over budget, and if so, what will be the penalties?

At a cynical guess, they'll find an interpretation of the rules which means they'll avoid having to take any far reaching decisions and Red Bull will live to cheat another day.
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Gaz »

It will come down to some accounting categorisations in the grey areas, a long dialogue will ensue between RB and the FIA until they negotiate an agreement that they exceeded the cap but only by about 3-4% so will get a small fine.

Under pressure from Formula 1, the FIA will promise to clarify the rules for next year and we will all move on and forget this ever happened.

Formula 1 are angling to demonstrate the incompetence in the stewardship of the series by the FIA and will separate from the FIA and go it alone at some point. Even Will Buxton has drunk that particular bottle of koolaid judging by his latest tweets, getting punchy all of a sudden. He know who his paymasters ultimately are.
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Gaz »

Terrible race, terrible circuit, by the way.

The biggest disappointment caused by the weather is that we didn't get to hear Ferrari cycle through their plans.

On to Suzuka, which for me was always one of my favourites but that is probably based on some rose-tinted nostalgia.

Max will win in Suzuka, Perez will win in Mexico, Lewis will win in Brazil. I think that would be the script that most would be happy with.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:20 am
100% agree

Last years Red Bull/Verstappen title win was shrouded in controversy and now this years similarly tainted due to excessive spending. Will titles be revoked? Will they bollox. Do Horner and Verstappen care? Do they bollox. The record books will show Champion two years running and proof that cheats do prosper.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Some strong words from Binotto this morning, yes it is a bit pot, kettle, black Ferrari moaning about cheating but this could be the most interesting thing to happen this year. Still FIA will be doing all and everything they can to exonerate RB and their chosen current 'champ'

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ferra ... /10379168/

Mattia:

It’s definitely a shame that we are talking about it in October of the following season, because at this point, apart from implications on last year’s championship, there are also implications for the current one,” he told Sky Italia. “Let’s wait until Wednesday before making a judgement but, whatever amount we are talking about, it’s important to understand that even if it is four million, which falls into the category of what is considered a minor breach, four million is not minor. “For us, four million represents the development parts for an entire season. Four million means 70 people in a technical department who can come up with and produce solutions that could be worth up to half a second a lap.