Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by wolf359 »

Piastri expected to be loaned to Williams for 23 and 24 with them taking Renault engines at a discount (similar deal they had with George) . Latifi dropped. Announcement expected before Silverstone (Piastri has the right to leave if Alpine had not sorted 23 seat by end of June).

Some discussion of him replacing Latifi this season after Canada but other reports dismiss that.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

view from the shires wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:14 pm Adrian Newey is the only designer in F1 that was around the last time ground effect cars were in use. I expect his knowledge and sheer genius is the reason Red Bull are so far ahead.
Sadly it is probably the truth, means I have to look and listen to that smug b*stard Horner gloating.
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Gaz »

I said it before, I really hope Merc can take a step forward, just to make the season interesting because Ferrari have an amazing tendency to implode, usually through poor strategy, now add reliability into the mix.

Highlight of the season so far for me: Russell and Verstappen battle in Barcelona, it needed a faulty DRS to level the playing field a bit, but it was a taste of things to come if Merc can get parity
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 223 likes

Post by k-r-c »

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... S4yGy.html

Mercedes were clearly trying to get a change with how they were complaining about the porpoising however looks like it’s backfired.

I guess this will also affect Ferrari so basically giving red bull an open goal now - however that’s not their fault they got it right.

The problem I foresee now is that potentially things will be even fuller than when the mercs dominated. Atleast rosberg was good enough to take the fight to Hamilton and to some extent Bottas had his moments. I can’t see nothing more than verstappen just cruising to victories as perez isn’t quite in the elite driver club and I do wonder if the cars been heavily developed towards verstappen that other drivers in the second seat can’t match him.

The changes have atleast made it easier to follow but still the majority of overtakes need DRS. But

Let’s see how the next few races go, I pray it’s not just verstappen driving off into the distance as the few battles between him and leclerc were enjoyable and the battle with Russel just makes me wish we could see that week in week out.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

It is interesting but many have got confused here Mercedes’ issues is not just porpoising it is also bouncing (they are all suffering from the stiff suspension of these cars) listen to the Chequered Flag podcast from this afternoon. It is explained well.

It may cause Red Bull to alter their extra skid block, which seems to be part of their ‘magic’ solution. However it does seem Ferrari and most at risk here (based on some of the graphs released this week). I don’t think it is suddenly going to mix things up but in fact could leave RB miles on front with Ferrari drawn back into the pack. Saying that all the teams will have to change something, they all porpoise at times (interestingly Ferrari do at high fuel and RBs increases as it gets lower).

Then we’ll see if F1 do anything, they said before the season they wouldn’t let one team dominate..(will they apply the rules to Red Bull, something they seem reluctant to do these days)
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Wouldn't it be great to see the FP3 top 3 do the same in quali? Can't see it to be fair but I'd definitely watch that race! (Alonso/Gasly/Vettel)
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Gaz wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:25 pm Wouldn't it be great to see the FP3 top 3 do the same in quali? Can't see it to be fair but I'd definitely watch that race! (Alonso/Gasly/Vettel)
I think Alpine and AM are going full glory wet setup even though tomorrow is expected to be dry, the normal front runners will make as few compromises to their race set up they can get away with (hence Max looking really out of sorts in his late run.) Makes for an exciting qualifying and a good start to the race (even if 9 times out of 10 the front runners come through)
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Entertaining quali.

Great to see Alonso and Hamilton towards the front of the grid. Shows the old boys revel in the wet!
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:17 pm Entertaining quali.

Great to see Alonso and Hamilton towards the front of the grid. Shows the old boys revel in the wet!
Was, sadly tomorrow is likely to be dry and a strong chance Max will just drive off into the distance, whilst Alonso plays road block once more.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Decent race - some interesting divergence in tactics with yet more RBPT troubles. Saying that Max was never really in that mauch danger. Nice to see Lewis actually benefit from a VSC/SC and could we be closer to the dream of a real three way battle (even if it for a race weekend or two)

Another :thup: to the stewards for (finally) not putting up with Alonso's bs. Done for weaving and costing himself two places.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

view from the shires wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:14 pm Adrian Newey is the only designer in F1 that was around the last time ground effect cars were in use. I expect his knowledge and sheer genius is the reason Red Bull are so far ahead.
The Red Bull's are actually a bit slower then the Ferrari's.
Their scare of the season came early, then they fixed it.

Verstappen hasn't qualified as well as Leclerc, yet he still dominates. Sainz didn't have a chance with DRS, lap after lap.
On Sundays, no-one is better than MV.
And only Sundays count.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Nelson Piquet being outed as a racist PoS via a leaked video from last year, calling Lewis a Little N. Getting it from pretty much all sides (as he should- though Red Bull are pretty much the only team not to openly condemn it - they already have already sacked one racist this week) and seemingly will be banned from F1 Paddock shortly.

(Though nothing to do with him) Max will get some interesting questions this week (Nelson could be future Father-In -Law)

I'd say I'm shocked, but I am not, some of the stuff on Twitter (I know) defending Nelson, there is still a lot of work to do.
Last edited by wolf359 on Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westham,eggyandchips

A racist has been.

I can't think of any reason whatsoever why he'd come out with that sort of bile.

Spiteful twat.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1382 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Unbelievable isn't it. No one should defend him.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Red Bull sack reserve driver after racist slur
Red Bull have terminated the contract of their test and reserve driver Juri Vips after he used offensive language in an online gaming stream.

Red Bull suspended the 21-year-old Estonian last week after used a racist slur in a live-streamed game he was playing with fellow junior Liam Lawson.

And on Tuesday they announced that he had been sacked, reiterating that they "do not condone any form of racism".

Red Bull had said there was a "full investigation into the incident".

more...
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

I wonder how Lewis is described when Max, his Mrs and her old man get around the dinner table. I mean, if the bloke does it in public, he must be like it in private - and probably worse.

He's always been a spiteful ****. Having a pop at Senna and alleging he was gay, comments about Mansell's Mrs.

****er.
westham,eggyandchips

Max needs to bin that Piquet bird lively.

Sound like a family of wrong'uns. Got a kid with Daniil Kyvat already before moving on to MV. Classy.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:23 am Sound like a family of wrong'uns. Got a kid with Daniil Kyvat already before moving on to MV. Classy.
Didn't know that. How awkward would that be if Kyvat was still at Red Bull....
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

It must be difficult for Verstappen, doesn't want to be associated with racist bile (I assume), but also doesn't want to create friction with his missus and family. But RBR really should tweet something.

She clearly likes a younger man by the way, Max should be looking over his shoulder at the next batch of Red Bull drivers coming through!
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Gaz wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:04 pm But RBR really should tweet something.
I thought I saw one?

edit - nope it was an unofficial account.