Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Never liked the sprint format and never will. It is a distraction as mentioned above and whilst I wish they would just scrap it as a bad idea, it will inevitably continue to grow in numbers.
I’m really not enjoying F1 like I used to and as for the boorish behaviour of the Verstappen fan club, they’ve always resembled a Hitler Youth Rally.
On the plus side, good to see Mercedes becoming increasingly competitive but need to show it in qualifying too. Pleased to see LeClerc win, it was starting to get too easy for Verstappen.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Great win for the Scuderia. Thankfully RB had no answer which keeps the season interesting.

Funny hearing the little boy bitch moaning about lap times being deleted thinking he was somehow the 'victim' only to be told numerous drivers got the same. Twonk.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:51 am
Funny hearing the little boy bitch moaning about lap times being deleted thinking he was somehow the 'victim' only to be told numerous drivers got the same. Twonk.
They were all moaning if you listened to the onboards. The director chooses who they play. Almost everyone replied with ‘that bull**** I didn’t go out’. Zhou was given a five second penalty for it and afterwards it seems they made a mistake (which they cannot alter) they also messed up in the F2 but refused to change the result and let’s not forget the Perez ‘miss’. I’d be questioning it based on their performance this weekend. I get you hate Lewis but come on.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Ecclestone to be charged with fraud
Former Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone will be charged with fraud by false representation following an investigation into overseas assets believed to be worth more than £400m.

The 91-year-old spent 40 years as the head of F1 before being removed as its chief executive officer in 2017.

The Crown Prosecution Service said the charge follows an investigation by HMRC.

"The CPS has authorised a charge against Bernard Ecclestone," it said.

The CPS said the charge of fraud is "in respect of his failure to declare to HMRC the existence of assets held overseas believed to be worth in excess of £400m".
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

wolf359 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:56 am I get you hate Lewis but come on.
Some people can't wait for any excuse can they? :fsake:

Lando was bitching about track limits
Max was bitching about tyre deg
Leclerc was bitching about his throttle
George was bitching that Petez turned in

I am enjoying the current silence on posting formus about how Russell is schooling Hamilton who can only beat rubbish team mates. Suddenly gone a bit quiet on that front.
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Gaz »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:51 am
“little boy bitch”
Embarrassing post.
westham,eggyandchips

wolf359 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:56 am They were all moaning if you listened to the onboards. The director chooses who they play. Almost everyone replied with ‘that bull**** I didn’t go out’. Zhou was given a five second penalty for it and afterwards it seems they made a mistake (which they cannot alter) they also messed up in the F2 but refused to change the result and let’s not forget the Perez ‘miss’. I’d be questioning it based on their performance this weekend. I get you hate Lewis but come on.
My hearing is just fine thanks. I heard every driver complain when issued with warnings.

But did every driver say "Is it just me?" like he was somehow being targeted. Maybe you should listen to the onboards a bit more. :newthumb:

I know you love the bloke but come on.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:00 am My hearing is just fine thanks. I heard every driver complain when issued with warnings.

But did every driver say "Is it just me?" like he was somehow being targeted. Maybe you should listen to the onboards a bit more. :newthumb:

I know you love the bloke but come on.
They did many drivers pull the 'why me/not fair/only me' card.

Standard reply was 'I didn't, that's BS' closely followed by 'look at him in front he's be out x number of times' Happened in the F3/F2 and F1 IF you listened to the onboards via F1TV not the ones the director chooses to play (usually Lewis, Max and Charlies) you'd know that.

I'm actually a McLaren fan btw.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

'Silly season' rumours picking up pace.

Alonso to take Vettel's seat at Aston Martin? Not sure that makes any sense from either party, and it would be a shame to lose Vettel from the sport and he is not the weakest driver in that team.

A vacant seat at Alpine surely has Gasly written all over it, being French and a very good racing driver in a small team.

Lot's of speculation around Ricciardo, Zak Brown I think would love to bring Pato O'Ward over but that seems like a risk to me. Gasly & Piastri also speculated for McLaren. Gasly would be 'safer' than a rookie.

Latifi's F1 days look numbered and maybe Piastri gets the Williams drive next year.

Tsunoda's contract ends, has he done enough? If Gasly moves they'll probably extend Tsunoda, either way I'd expect the ATs to be filled from the Red Bull programme.

Journo's still desperate to drive a wedge between Toto and Hamilton but no firm rumours. I'd be surprised if Hamilton leaves Mercedes at the end of this year to be honest.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

I thought Piastri was nailed on to replace Latifi next year (or even before next year if rumours are true)?

The Riccardo situation is strange, his form has fallen off a cliff and I haven't seen enough of the racing to understand fully why. I did read a piece about possible replacements for him at McLaren though. They had Gasly, Vettel & Colton Herta as favorites. Herta has worked with Zak Brown before?

The piece did also mention Piastri as an outsider but it would be contractually messy apparently.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Same old Ferrari again today. Quite what they were thinking pitting Sainz when he'd just over taken Perez is beyond me, and that's now 3 retirements whilst leading for LeClerc this year now. There's still 10 races to go but it's hard to see LeClerc catching Verstappen now.

A great 2nd and 3rd for Mercedes though.
westham,eggyandchips

It's all happening at the Ferrari fun factory. :crylol:

"How can we f*** things up this week?"
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:01 pm It's all happening at the Ferrari fun factory. :crylol:

"How can we **** things up this week?"
They have no clue between all of them. Absolutely hapless.

On another note, Lewis beats George again. How long before people start calling Russell inferior and not good enough competition?
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

The Sainz thing was bizarre. They should have pitted him at least 6/7 laps earlier. Their reasoning seems to be he would have run out of tyres which we will never know if true or not but the way he was pushing i reckon there was a high possibility of that. So with that being the case why didn't they pit him far sooner so he had more of a chance to catch back up.

Also then deciding to radio in to him to box just as he was starting to line up the move on Perez was also bizarre - like they wasn't even watching the race.

Its always then amusing to now se both their drivers coming out and backing the team post race - its as if Binotto is giving them a figger wagging at the end reminding them who pays their wages.

Ferrari really are their worst enemy.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

The Red Bull package is really strong at the moment - driver and car are delivering, the car is fast, Max is fast and super-consistent, Perez is the clear no. 2 - he looks like a world beater on his day but perhaps doesn't have the consistency of the top class drivers like Max and Lewis.

It is difficult to see Ferrari winning either championship from this point, in fact, they could be in danger of losing second place to an ever improving Mercedes outfit if they are not careful. They have the car and drivers but indecisiveness has cost them again, once the negativity spiral starts it is very difficult to reverse it. If the drivers don't have confidence in the pit wall then there will always be radio discussion on every single instruction. It is interesting to hear how easy the race engineers concede to the drivers on almost every point ("box", "are you sure? these tyres are ok", "ok, stay out").

While the top two teams are constantly learning and developing, Mercedes seem to improve every race so we may get to see a true six-way fight at the Hungaroring, where top speed is neutralised. I think that 6 tenths a lap difference won't be seen this weekend.

Anyone else also noticing a distinct change of tone from the Red Bull team this week, perhaps in an attempt to de-escalate some of the toxicity that is surfacing in the sport these days?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Actually he said BY the end of the season. Might just be language choice but does he hint dropping out before then (maybe giving Oscar a few races)
westham,eggyandchips

Great driver. Certainly developed more of a personality as he aged and also mugged off a few along the way.

Good luck to him.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:38 am Great driver. Certainly developed more of a personality as he aged and also mugged off a few along the way.

Good luck to him.
I always remember him as being the guy that was happy when he had the fastest car but complaining when someone else did.

I guess it is partly the comfort of being exceedingly wealthy and not having to care about where your are driving next season, but he comes across as quite a likeable fellow. Best of luck to him indeed.