Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by szola »

wolf359 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:53 pmAlonso and Stroll at AM is enough for me, got to end in fireworks.

News. Binotto gets the boot from Ferrari they poach Vasseur from Alfa Romero. (Been reported but nothing from teams so not ‘official’)
I completely forgot that Alonso is going to drive with Stroll!!! That will be fun :smiler:

Poor old Binotto. I has been on the cards for him. I can't understand how a team of their stature can't produce better strategies and be more ruthless when it comes to the internal peckingorder.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

As the driver merry-go-round continues, Schumacher Jr has been dropped by Haas, and Magnusson and Hülkenberg will be their line-up for 2023.

Not surprised to see Schumacher dropped, (because I don't think he's particularly good) but it is quite a surprise 35 year old Hülkenberg has the seat. There were rumoours Ricciardo was offered it, but turned it down.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Mr arrogance doubles down

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/63664552

What a shame we have to wait a whole year for Mexico. :crossed:
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:35 pm Mr arrogance doubles down

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/63664552

What a shame we have to wait a whole year for Mexico. :crossed:
Standard fair from him and right out of the Red Bull play book, always trying to make out they are the victims. Liverpool, Red Bull racing and Indian cricket team, the victim trio.

I see Red Bull are flat out lying in their social media statement about events. We have access to the radio and time stamps, your version is simply not true so who are you writing it for?
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Gaz »

Is this the guy that calls other drivers derogatory names, threatens drivers' safety, looks for fights in the pit lane, offends and entire nation by using derogatory terms to describe other drivers mental health?

Ok Max, carry on.
Bend it like Repka

And Maxs mum has poured petrol on the fire remarking about Checos infidelity at a monaco after party, whist of course forgetting how her son starting seeing Piquets daughter while he was still in a relationship.

Classy family.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

-DL- wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:43 am As the driver merry-go-round continues, Schumacher Jr has been dropped by Haas, and Magnusson and Hülkenberg will be their line-up for 2023.

Not surprised to see Schumacher dropped, (because I don't think he's particularly good) but it is quite a surprise 35 year old Hülkenberg has the seat. There were rumoours Ricciardo was offered it, but turned it down.
That should be interesting considering the two of them don't particularly like each other.

I'm not at all surprised to see Binotto for the chop. What have Ferrari done in the three seasons he's been there? They were, what, 6th I think in 2020, 3rd last year and might well end up third again in a two horse race.

As to Verstappen - I'm not even surprised any more. He's like a spoilt child, but then when he has Horner for a mentor and has the FIA constantly letting him get away with his antics it's hardly surprising he's like a petulant child.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Ricciardo will be Red Bull's third driver, say the Beeb.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:18 pm Ricciardo will be Red Bull's third driver, say the Beeb.
So he's effectively retiring then?
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

S-H wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:45 pm So he's effectively retiring then?
Nah Perez's will upset Max again and Danny Ric can be his bitch for a second time.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:18 pm Ricciardo will be Red Bull's third driver, say the Beeb.
Proving that he isnt as good a driver as many think. Had nightmare since leaving RB.

He did get that win for Mclaren in Italy last year, but in general he has been poor. That cheeky smile can only get you so far.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

According to Autosport, there will be six sprint races next season:
Multiple sources have confirmed that F1 told teams its current plan is for the sprints to run in:

Azerbaijan Grand Prix – Baku

Austrian Grand Prix - Red Bull Ring

Belgian Grand Prix - Spa-Francorchamps

Qatar Grand Prix - Losail

United States Grand Prix - Austin

Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos
Bend it like Repka

To be fair, the Brazil sprint was quite good. Are next years ones now for more points and not grid line up, I heard that being touted.

That would be better, make them more racy, rather than something that can screw your Sunday up.
sendô

Post by sendô »

Yeah more points for the sprint races would be a good idea.

Red Bull front row once again tomorrow. Vettel getting P9 for his final run after having to weave through a string of parked cars on track in Q1.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Anyone else think F1 are really milking this Vettel departure or am I just a miserable sod?
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1564 likes

Post by alf git »

Right driver, right car at the right time.
Not sure where his place is in the pantheon of great racing drivers. That said he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

wolf359 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:46 pm Anyone else think F1 are really milking this Vettel departure or am I just a miserable sod?
I've quite enjoyed it tbh. He seems like one of the good guys, who has mellowed out a bit over the years. Never used to like him, until he did Top Gear - and I think with hindsight, that was probably more to do with the team he drove for at the time.

To the race - glad Le Clerc got second, which is a bit harsh on Perez, as I like him - I'd just rather not RB have got the 1 & 2 in the drivers championship.

Hopefully, it will be a bit more competitive next season, and Merc and Ferrari give Max a run for his money - because despite all the rule changes - it's the biggest winning margin by a DWC since Vettel in 2013.

It's been a pretty naff season all told - and no matter how much Crofty raises his voice in excitement, it's been largely forgetful. Even when the Mercs/Lewis were dominating, at least behind them were battles to get you on the edge of your seat.

If Merc can manage to get on top of their "concept" (or abandon that podless design altogether and go more traditional) and Ferrari sort out their strategic and basic pit-stop blunders, I expect next season to be much closer. I hope...
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Gaz »

I might not be on top of all the nuances but it didn't look to me like Max did and awful lot to help Perez this afternoon, it looked like he just drove off and left Perez to race his own race. This time last year Perez was used as a road block to slow Hamilton down but it's clearly not reciprocal.

Echo the points above, a largely forgettable season, all the records of dominance are not a good look for competition, hopefully next year will be better. Perez night also 'do a Rosberg' now he understands his place in the team. He might decide to get his elbows out and bloody a few noses to stay in the championship for as long as possible.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

-DL- wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:06 pm If Merc can manage to get on top of their "concept" (or abandon that podless design altogether and go more traditional) and Ferrari sort out their strategic and basic pit-stop blunders, I expect next season to be much closer. I hope...
Sadly I don't think it will be, Red Bull got away with cheating this year, got a light punishment and will in all likely do it again next year (just hide it better). For whatever reason the FIA seem invested in Max and they will keep it that way until they are ready to move on (I bit like westling. )

I enjoyed the F2 and looking forward to seeing F2 and F3 again in March, F1 one is a sideshow for me right now.

As for the race it is such a terrible track, Brazil should end the season but like the World Cup it is all about the $$$$$ (F2 waited 3 months for the 'finale'..F3 is the same next year. )
sendô

Post by sendô »

By far the most memorable part of this season was Red Bull getting caught cheating, and then getting away with it. It's a shame, because Verstappen is clearly a brilliant driver who is probably worthy of winning multiple championships and being spoken about alongside Schumacher, Senna, Hamilton, Prost etc, but that's two WDCs now where people will have a mental *astericks against his name.

Hopefully Merc and Ferrari can compete next year, but I can't see it right now. Our best chance is Perez deciding he doesn't want to be a Barrichello.