Netflix and Amazon Video

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Re: Netflix and Amazon Video

Post by wolf359 »

Shabu wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:31 pm And Stifflers Mum.
Time has not been too kind to her since American Pie (She's eaten all the Pies)
Shabu
Has liked: 4187 likes
Total likes: 2050 likes

Post by Shabu »

wolf359 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:18 pm Time has not been too kind to her since American Pie (She's eaten all the Pies)
She's probably mid 60s now though, I'd guess
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Shabu wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:22 pm She's probably mid 60s now though, I'd guess
She is great in White Lotus though, the level of confused and general uselessness she portrays is fantastic.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Shabu wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:03 pm Started watching Whitechaple last night. Not bad so far. Just one episode in.
First series was ok. Not brilliant but ok. Nice idea having Ripper murders copied.

Second series with the Krays was just f*cking ridiculous. Didn't manage to finish it.

Now looking for something decent so if anyone has any series to recommend in the Line of Duty or Kingdom (US version) range. Amazon or Netflix or Peacock.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

wolf359 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:28 pm She is great in White Lotus though, the level of confused and general uselessness she portrays is fantastic.
I thought season one of White Lotus was fantastic. Really enjoyed it.

Watched a few minutes of season two & thought I'd better wait a week.

The main thing I loved about season one was the boy at the end giving up everything to paddle the outrigger around Polynesia. That was beautiful & really touched me.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

finished 1899, just bizarre and tbh a load of utter boll****, started watching Wednesday , which is surprisingly good .
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 592 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Getting stuck into The Rig. Bit of a sucker for this kind of mystery despite Mrs Viet constantly pointing out flaws (yes of course rigs have fire-resistant clothing but wtf). Jocks galore and an eco-message forming up
The Overlook
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by The Overlook »

Caught Operation Mincemeat on Sky last night. Very enjoyable.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

The Overlook wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:12 pm Caught Operation Mincemeat on Sky last night. Very enjoyable.
I enjoyed it as well, decent watch.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2015 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:15 pm no spoilers but I did think it fizzled out a bit at the end.

be interested to see what others thought of it..
Finally completed it. Thought the ending was decent enough.

Can't put my finger on why, but Wendell Pierce's character really gets on my bristols.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1977 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:11 pm Finally completed it. Thought the ending was decent enough.

Can't put my finger on why, but Wendell Pierce's character really gets on my bristols.
that was it though mate, "decent enough" for me didn't match up to the pretty good story up until then. 2nd season cracked along from start to finish..

smacked of Crimson Tide ending.... Gene Hackman and iirc Denzel Washington maybe ?

:chin:

(just googled and my memory held up this time...)
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Anyone dipped into Kaleidoscope on Netflix yet?

Bank robber/heist drama with Giancarlo Esposito. I had it on the watch list and saw something saying what the best order to watch it in is, I didn't realise its been made to be able to watch it in any order. I've gone with the boring chronological way, only three eps in but its pretty good.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Jonah wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:31 am Anyone dipped into Kaleidoscope on Netflix yet?

Bank robber/heist drama with Giancarlo Esposito. I had it on the watch list and saw something saying what the best order to watch it in is, I didn't realise its been made to be able to watch it in any order. I've gone with the boring chronological way, only three eps in but its pretty good.
Only the last episode is fixed, all the others are generated randomly for each Netflix account. On my list to watch, got some good reviews.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I've had a tip about it, too, so we were thinking about giving it a go this week.

My mate said that he thought you had to watch a certain one first and a certain one last, but that the order of all the others is a matter of choice.

Zany!
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Kaleidoscope confused the crap out of me :lol:
Jonah

Post by Jonah »

Kaleidoscope finished and I'm glad I did it chronologically, seeing the 'last' episode Pink I think that was the better ending. Although there are clues to the last event in Pink in the White episode - I had to google that as its one thing I did miss. Also the last event in White ties in nicely with how Silas gets put inside. If you follow it chronologically you already know why.

I might give it another go in the random order in a few months - probably after Mrs J does the usual and gets wind of it from her friends and says 'shall we watch this series I've heard about' - after I gave her the synopsis and she said nah.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Kai the Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker. On Netflix.

Documentary about an internet sensation from a few years ago & it all went wrong.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Jonah wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:08 pm Kaleidoscope finished and I'm glad I did it chronologically, seeing the 'last' episode Pink I think that was the better ending. Although there are clues to the last event in Pink in the White episode - I had to google that as its one thing I did miss. Also the last event in White ties in nicely with how Silas gets put inside. If you follow it chronologically you already know why.

I might give it another go in the random order in a few months - probably after Mrs J does the usual and gets wind of it from her friends and says 'shall we watch this series I've heard about' - after I gave her the synopsis and she said nah.
I watched it & I wasn't sure if it had ended then it said there was another episode but it was one I'd already seen so I have no idea if I've seen all of them or not.
Jonah

Post by Jonah »

Yeh I had that, but then was watching it out of their sequence and I also watch between a mixture of laptop using browser and TV depending on where I am and the experience for this series was very 'manual' for me.

Watched that Hatchet Hitchhiker one last night also, strange story.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9650 likes

Post by S-H »

The Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker

Good watch, definitely takes a turn..