Netflix and Amazon Video

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Re: Netflix and Amazon Video

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Hammer1972 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:24 am Just finished Top Boy Season 2, just fantastic.

Next season is the last one apparently...
Was it easy enough to remember what happened in the last series? I'm terrible with this sort of thing. :?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

easily one of the "better" series that has been produced. a bit under the radar I think, but I have recommened it very highly to everyone I can.

can't remember too much but aren't all the "actors" not actually really "actors" or just noobies..?

I can see why people might "avoid" it but there is an underlying social issue around it too, that makes it also what it is.

as a slight aside, weren't they going to make a film about "Luther ?"

I could see a film for Top Boy too working.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

My 7 year old son has outgrown all the more childish cartoons and now loves action type cartoons. Trouble is that they don't seem to make anywhere near as many of them now as they did back in the 80s. He's finished the Voltron series on Netflix and is now working his way through Trollhunters (which has been really good). Can anyone give me any recommendations once that's finished? Anything I can find on Netflix or Prime that looks pretty exciting is anime with a 15 or 18 certificate rating. I'm looking for stuff that's 12 or below.
Greatest Hits Vol1
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Greatest Hits Vol1 »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:50 pm My 7 year old son has outgrown all the more childish cartoons and now loves action type cartoons. Trouble is that they don't seem to make anywhere near as many of them now as they did back in the 80s. He's finished the Voltron series on Netflix and is now working his way through Trollhunters (which has been really good). Can anyone give me any recommendations once that's finished? Anything I can find on Netflix or Prime that looks pretty exciting is anime with a 15 or 18 certificate rating. I'm looking for stuff that's 12 or below.
Ninjago? There are 180 episodes and almost all are on Netflix or Prime.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1241 likes
Total likes: 1651 likes

Post by last.caress »

Teen Titans Go!? 100+ episodes on Netflix, I think. Or what about Fast & Furious Spy Racers, also on Netflix? 50 episodes of that. :newthumb:
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Dig Deeper: The Disappearance of Birgit Meier
After Birgit Meier vanishes in 1989, police missteps plague the case for years. But her brother never wavers in his tireless quest to find the truth.
It's quite slow, and dubbed because it's a German documentary, but what a shocking story..

:shocker:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Cancelled my Netflix sub today after seeing the price is going up again.

Haven't watched it in months. Won't miss it.
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

S-H wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:00 pm Dig Deeper: The Disappearance of Birgit Meier

It's quite slow, and dubbed because it's a German documentary, but what a shocking story..

:shocker:
Check out Dark Woods on All4 Somers. Chatted to dear old Tomos a couple of months back about how when watching that I soon realised it was based on the Birgit Meier killer.
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

fjthegrey wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:01 pm Cancelled my Netflix sub today after seeing the price is going up again.

I'm holding out for Better Call Saul then it's going.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I was paying the money for the 4k subscription - but that was mainly due to the fact I could use it on 4 screens so all the kids could use it. I've now downgraded it again. I think long term I'll just start torrenting everything again. Is Kodi still used for illegal streaming? I don't hear much about it these days.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

last.caress wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:46 am Teen Titans Go!? 100+ episodes on Netflix, I think. Or what about Fast & Furious Spy Racers, also on Netflix? 50 episodes of that. :newthumb:
Fast and Furious looks like a good bet. Not sure about teen titans go... I'll get him to have a look.
OFT
Has liked: 3241 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

fjthegrey wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:01 pm Cancelled my Netflix sub today after seeing the price is going up again.

I've never watched or subscribed to it, or Amazon or anything else apart from SKY which I cancelled at least 10 years ago, and I don't miss that.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:46 pm Was it easy enough to remember what happened in the last series? I'm terrible with this sort of thing. :?
I struggled a bit, should maybe have rewatched the last episode of season 1(or3..) first.

I was also confused because there were characters I couldn’t remember at all, but turns out they were new!
last.caress
Star Raid-er

Post by last.caress »

We've finally decided to give Peaky Blinders a proper go, after a couple of aborted attempts at the first episode a few years back. We're only four episodes into the first series so far but we're enjoying it this time. Cracking soundtrack, too.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I have so many unwatched series on my external hard drive.

Better Call Saul
Madmen
Season 3 onward of Billions
Season 2 onward of Killing Eve
The Sopranos
last Season of The Wire

and a few other assorted things from the Scandi-German-French-Belgian Noire type of thing

now The Split is back on and I have the last season of Peaky Blinders to do as well

I'm tempted to do Yellowstone, but when the hell am I going to find the bloody time for all of these ?

and to cap it all, there's stuff like GoT and the Sharpe series, and in particular Lovejoy that I've watched more than once. three times in the case of Sharpe and Lovejoy.

Why oh Why..

:cried:
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:33 pm Fast and Furious looks like a good bet. Not sure about teen titans go... I'll get him to have a look.
Teen Titans Go! is good (especially the early seasons) is pretty good (some decent 'adult jokes in there) My daughter loved it for a number of years, I've seen 'Uncle Jokes' and 'Colours of Raven' dozens of times.
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

Just finished Top Boy, great stuff.

Think I’ll put the account on ice for a while now, Disney + is mine and the toddlers go to
last.caress
Star Raid-er

Post by last.caress »

simonirons wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:32 pm Think I’ll put the account on ice for a while now, Disney + is mine and the toddlers go to
I've had Netflix (this time around) since El Camino was released. I think I'd like to see out Ozark and Better Call Saul and then I might knock it on the head for a while. I've just got three months of Disney+ for free and mrs.caress has had Amazon Prime for a long time which more-or-less pays for itself with all the deliveries. I'll miss It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but in fairness I've watched it to pieces so I could probably afford to take a break from it.

I think flitting from one service to the other depending on what we want to watch next is definitely the way to go.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

This one looks worth a watch.. out on 15 April.

EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

simonirons wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:32 pm Just finished Top Boy, great stuff.

Think I’ll put the account on ice for a while now, Disney + is mine and the toddlers go to
It was. That was my favourite series so far.