Netflix and Amazon Video

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1188 likes
Total likes: 934 likes

Re: Netflix and Amazon Video

Post by Metal Hammer »

Watched Red Notice tonight, quite enjoyable for a non-cerebral 2hrs - felt like a throw back to films like Romancing the Stone.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

21 Bridges on Amazon Prime. A really good thriller with Sienna Miller and the guy who was Black Panther. Good script, good pace, not too far-fetched, well acted. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 8.5/10

Then last night we watched some b*llocks with Liam Neeson. In effect, it was Taken 7. He was a bank robber who falls in love. Tries to do a deal with the FBI to return all the money he's ever stolen (cos he's never spent any any it, cos he's actually a really good guy, wouldn't you know it). The FBI agents sent to investigate find $3m and double cross him, nick it for themselves. He gets pissed off, avow revenge and hunts them down with his particular set of skills etc etc.

Predictable but adequate mind chewing gum for a Saturday night after a belly full of beer and burger. 5/10
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1784 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Watched The Lighthouse with Robert Pattinson and William Dafoe.

Incredible acting and I really admire the creative independence in the film. Not for everyone but it was an intriguing watch.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I watched Red Notice too. Dwayne Johnson does his usual Dwayne Johnson stuff. Ryan Reynolds does his usual Ryan Reynolds stuff. It wasn't brilliant but it as hard to be disappointed too as it panned out exactly like I expected it to.

Also watched Rust Creek. Watchable but overall, thought it was quite average and extremely cliched and predictable with its use of many well trodden movie tropes. I was quite surprised afterwards to find out how well rated it as. The girlfriend actually paused it about 30 minutes before the end to make a drink. Before we unpaused it again I tried to predict in detail what would happen between now and the end of the film. I really wasn't far wrong at all.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Amazon Prime -

Friday - watched ' Doctor Sleep ' .

Saturday - watched ' Doctor Sleep - Director's Cut ' thinking it might have a different ending - it had a few additional scenes but the ending was the same .

Enjoyable few hours though .
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9648 likes

Post by S-H »

True Story with Kevin Hart, and Wesley Snipes.

A really enjoyable limited series, a little over the top at times, but Kevin Hart is very good, away from his usual comedy role.

Recommend.

:newthumb:
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1188 likes
Total likes: 934 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Finally got around to watching Squid Game this week at the missus suggestion, quite enjoyable although I guessed who was behind it early doors. She was disappointed it wasn't as shocking as popular media would have you believe :crylol:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Watched this last night really eye opening stuff on it recommend a look,

anyone else seen it what did you think

Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Money Heist

2nd part of Series 5 released today. :thup:
bigcarpchaser
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by bigcarpchaser »

Jonah wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:39 am Money Heist

2nd part of Series 5 released today. :thup:
Just finished the final episode.
Amazing. Just amazing.
It’s not everyone’s cup of tea I know, it’s not cerebral, it’s just downright good telly. I absolutely loved every episode.
It’s overtaken Banshee in my all time telly list.
The Old Man of Storr

S-H wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:46 pm True Story with Kevin Hart, and Wesley Snipes.

A really enjoyable limited series, a little over the top at times, but Kevin Hart is very good, away from his usual comedy role.

Recommend.

:newthumb:
Was left Home Alone last Saturday and binge-watched ' True Story ' - agree , very enjoyable . 8/10

Took in ' Villain ' [ Craig Fairbrass ] too - he does this sort of thing very well . 6.5/10

The Haunting Of Hill House -[ bit late to the party I know ] - this is classy , top notch series - 10/10

Elves - Danish ' horror ' - good bit of fun - 7/10
S-H

Post by S-H »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:04 am

The Haunting Of Hill House -[ bit late to the party I know ] - this is classy , top notch series - 10/10

Agree, absolutely brilliant.

The second one isn't as good, but still worth a watch
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Hellbound on Netflix - just finished it, Korean made so it's a bit, well, Korean :D They make some weird & wonderful stuff at times, and this was no different.

We completed the series, Mrs loved it, I am still not sure if I loved it or I just wasted some of my life, but I did complete it which tells me something...

Not recommending it, but not slating it, worth a dip if you want some Korean for Christmas.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Only Murders in the Building on Amazon starring Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez. It was nice rather than spectacular. I became less interested as it went on going from perhaps a 7.0 rating to 6.0 by the conclusion. But it was an undemanding, light-hearted watch.
The Old Man of Storr

Took in ' El Camino : a Breaking Bad Movie ' for the 3rd time last night and while I remembered it scene by scene I think I enjoyed it more - in my opinion there is no greater piece of television than Breaking Bad so like many I approached this film with trepidation first time around as I wasn't sure if everything that was good about Breaking Bad could be repeated 6 years later and although it doesn't quite reach those heady heights it's more than a satisfactory sequel with clever nods to the past series . 8/10
Jonah

Post by Jonah »

bigcarpchaser wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:10 pm Just finished the final episode.
Amazing. Just amazing.
It’s not everyone’s cup of tea I know, it’s not cerebral, it’s just downright good telly. I absolutely loved every episode.
It’s overtaken Banshee in my all time telly list.
Only just finished it due to being ill and wanted to give it my full attention.

Bella Ciao...... :clap:
Jonah

Post by Jonah »

Some others I've caught up on.

Coming Home in the Dark - New Zealand thriller about a family who run into trouble on a camping trip with severe consequences. Quite chilling in parts not a bad 7/10 but don't watch if you want cheering up! I also had to put subtitles on, didn't realise NZ accents could be so thick.

Two - Spanish short film (or long short?) a 70 minute one location thriller, a couple wake up together in bed sewn to each other at the abdomen with no recognition of how they got there. Apart from a few plot holes, it was 'okay'. 5/10 at the most, was expecting more tbh.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Unforgivable (Netflix). As Jonah said about a film above, don't watch if you need cheering up. Mrs crying at the end and blaming me for choosing it. Not especially violent, but a very harrowing tale.
S-H

Post by S-H »

vietnammer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:01 am Unforgivable (Netflix). As Jonah said about a film above, don't watch if you need cheering up. Mrs crying at the end and blaming me for choosing it. Not especially violent, but a very harrowing tale.
We watched this last night, very good.

Noticed that it was based on the British Tv series from 2009 starring Suranne Jones https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1315063/ which I somehow managed to miss at the time.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1239 likes
Total likes: 1650 likes

Post by last.caress »

Last night: Click & Collect (Palmer, 2018) (Netflix)

Harmless, low-key, British Jingle All the Way-style Christmas shenanigans starring Stephen Merchant and Asim Chaudhry as a pair of mismatched neighbours on a Christmas Eve road trip to retrieve a toy for Merchant's character's daughter. Nothing Earth-shattering by any means, but a decent hour-long bit of Xmas filler nonetheless.