Netflix and Amazon Video

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Netflix and Amazon Video

Post by S-H »

Jim Jefferies: High & Dry

I love Jim Jeffires.

:D

Not for the easily offended..
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:42 am On Netflix - Jimmy Savile -A British horror story.

**** me, what a tragedy and so many people culpable in not following through on accusations. There is one clip on a show I don't remember, clunk/click I think it was called where Savile and Gary Glitter were talking, I know with hindsight you never make a mistake, but Jesus wept.

Only downside is that **** never got his commupance while alive!
The thing is I reckon a lot of people knew exactly what he was up to but it was ignored because of who he was, and his victims were seen as being unimportant. Attitudes towards nonces have changed so much in the last few decades.
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

S-H wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:19 pm Jim Jefferies: High & Dry

I love Jim Jeffires.

:D

Not for the easily offended..
I saw him do a show in Solana Beach about 14 years ago. Not a massive venue. A dozen of us went up from the pub, so all British, Irish & a couple of Aussies.

We definitely laughed the loudest. At one point, early on, a drunk southern California girl tried heckling him. And not good heckling either. Just being an annoying self centred airhead.

He put her down & finished the sentence with C*nt, which is a very different word over here. The room went silent except for a dozen or so of us cracking up.

Great show.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

We went over to Dublin a few years ago to see him, trouble is I had such a good day on the Guinness I didn't really remember too much :D

I have watched it since though, brilliant show.

I like his American Gun control stuff.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Jeremy Clarksons Farm thing on Amazon, just brilliant viewing, has me in stitches at times. Like or Loathe him, he is very entertaining.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Coops wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:23 pm The thing is I reckon a lot of people knew exactly what he was up to but it was ignored because of who he was, and his victims were seen as being unimportant. Attitudes towards nonces have changed so much in the last few decades.
Attitudes have thankfully changed. I still can't get my head round that he got away with it, so many people knew, accusations made etc, and all pretty much swept under the very grubby carpet. Shocking part of our history.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Just cancelled my Netflix account as part of my cost cutting exercise. There's just not enough content on it to justify subscribing all year. I could probably just subscribe for a couple of months each year and watch everything I want to.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1224 likes
Total likes: 1645 likes

Post by last.caress »

I've just taken up a Shudder subscription. So far I've watched Skinamarink (Ball, 2022), a few episodes of The 101 Scariest Horror Movie Moments of All Time, a few episodes of Behind the Monsters, and Woodlands Dark and Days Bewitched: A History of Folk Horror (Janisse, 2021), a three-hour documentary on folk horror movies from around the world. I'll be digging into the last couple of V/H/S anthology movies over the next couple of days, and I'll probably tuck into The Sadness (Jabbaz, 2021) at the weekend (red band trailer below, only viewable via YouTube).

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Just cancelled my Shudder subscription as I'd finally worked my way through my watchlist. The Sadness is VERY extreme in terms of gore and violence. Not really much else to the film apart from that... I liked it though.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Jack Ryan - Unfortunately I started on Series 3 and didn't realise until 4 episodes in! muppet, was very good though.

Going to go back to the first series, worth doing or has it been ruined by watching the 3rd series first?
last.caress
Star Raid-er

Post by last.caress »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:36 pm Just cancelled my Shudder subscription as I'd finally worked my way through my watchlist. The Sadness is VERY extreme in terms of gore and violence. Not really much else to the film apart from that... I liked it though.
Yeah, I'm going to watch V/H/S/94 and V/H/S/99 with my boy on Friday, I'm going to watch a couple of (admittedly humongous) documentaries, I might give a look to an old classic or two that I don't already own on DVD/blu-ray like Blood on Satan's Claw, and then I'll probably knock it on the head too. I'm enjoying it immensely but there's not enough content there to keep me paying month after month. I'll do my free week and then maybe one month, and that'll likely be that until something else I really want to see shows up on there.

I saw The Sadness the night before last. Absolutely brilliant. I'm not a fan whatsoever of gore for gore's sake but this wasn't that. I mean it was quite stunningly gory but that gore was justified within the framework of a genuinely interesting and taut plot, and the whole thing was made with real craft. Wasn't just a shoddy micro-budget latex-and-offal fest.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1153 likes
Total likes: 897 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:45 am Jack Ryan - Unfortunately I started on Series 3 and didn't realise until 4 episodes in! muppet, was very good though.

Going to go back to the first series, worth doing or has it been ruined by watching the 3rd series first?
I would recommend going with the first series as it gives you more back story and is also a very good watch :newthumb:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Ta Metal, will give it a go :newthumb:
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:58 pm Ta Metal, will give it a go :newthumb:
First series is the best of the three. In my opinion.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Watched the 1st one last night Alf, was a very good start.
Shy Ted
Has liked: 451 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

:newthumb:
Bandit movie on Amazon Prime.

True story:
After escaping from a Michigan prison, a charming career criminal assumes a new identity in Canada and goes on to rob a record 59 banks and jewellery stores while being hunted by a police task force.

Starring Josh Duhamel, Elisha Cuthbert, Nestor Carbonell and Mel Gibson.
last.caress
Star Raid-er

Post by last.caress »

Watched V/H/S/94 (various, 2021) and V/H/S/99 (various, 2022), the most recent couple of movies in the V/H/S horror anthology franchise, on Shudder last night. Anthology films are generally a mixed bag with a couple of cracking stories and a couple of duds - this is true of the previous V/H/S movies too - but in the case of the two I saw last night, V/H/S/94 was dud-free and might just be the best film in the franchise whereas V/H/S/99, alas, was a stew of decent ideas executed fairly poorly and represented one of the lesser entries in the franchise thus far (although for my money 2014's V/H/S/Viral remains the absolute runt of the litter). Ah well. That's both the upside and the downside of anthology films I guess. Can't all be zingers, but there's always the possibility of unearthing a diamond in the rough. Hail Raatma!

HammerHatchet
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by HammerHatchet »

It’s old but I’m re watching afterlife

I need something to watch any recommendations from anyone
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

The Last Face (Netflix). One of them 'good intentions' films that ended up morally unbalanced. Vindicated by reading reviews afterward. A love story which takes precedence over the horror backdrop of the Liberian civil war. Shocking at times, but Sean Penn definitely got his priorities wrong with this one. Jean Reno is also puzzlingly under-used, but then he wasn't the 'romantic lead'.
Jonah
Has liked: 635 likes
Total likes: 537 likes

Post by Jonah »

Started the flight MH370 doc on Netflix.

Couldn't help but wonder what IronWorx thinks of it?