Netflix and Amazon Video

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Re: Netflix and Amazon Video

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Nail Bomber: Manhunt

Documentary about the 1999 bomb attacks in London carried out by David Copeland.

Wasn't bad, until rent-a-twat Bernard O'Mahoney appears claiming to save the day. Bloke has no shame.

Worth a watch if you don't mind a narcissistic nut job attempting to take centre stage!
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:01 pm Nail Bomber: Manhunt

Documentary about the 1999 bomb attacks in London carried out by David Copeland.

Wasn't bad, until rent-a-twat Bernard O'Mahoney appears claiming to save the day. Bloke has no shame.

Worth a watch if you don't mind a narcissistic nut job attempting to take centre stage!
Except he doesn't attempt anything of the sort, and was asked by the producers to contribute as he provided evidence at trial.
His "pen pal" letters to Copeland as "Patsy" were used in court by the prosecution to undermine Copelands plea of guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of dismissed responsibility.
westham,eggyandchips

Estuary wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:04 pm Except he doesn't attempt anything of the sort, and was asked by the producers to contribute as he provided evidence at trial.
His "pen pal" letters to Copeland as "Patsy" were used in court by the prosecution to undermine Copelands plea of guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of dismissed responsibility.
What a hero.
Estuary

Post by Estuary »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:40 pm What a hero.
No, not a hero, but someone who played a part in the successful trial of a very evil man. It's a well made documentary but your personal bias makes it sound like a vanity piece which is hugely misleading. Hence my correction.
westham,eggyandchips

Estuary wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:12 am No, not a hero, but someone who played a part in the successful trial of a very evil man.
You can believe that if you want dude.

I have no axe to grind with you. BOM on the other hand, apart from being a known drug pusher that indirectly led to the death of a teenage girl has somehow managed to give carve out a career as some sort of oracle that believes his own hype. He's a fantasist, narcissist, a 'wannabe' gangster, when in reality he's a nobody. Some of the stuff in his Essex Boys book that he claims to have been witness to is complete BS.

Estuary wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:12 am It's a well made documentary but your personal bias makes it sound like a vanity piece which is hugely misleading.
Apologies for that. It was a decent doc. It seems the makers of it were obviously taken in by him too though unfortunately.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:45 pm Just started Dahmer, **** me :shock:
3 episodes to go.
Wow. Utterly chilling, yet Evan Peters achieves the extraordinary feat of making him, very occasionally, touching as well. Astonishing performance. Can't fault this show at all.

Edit: I say very ocasionally, by which I mean once.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

vietnammer wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:25 am Didn't display her as perfect, but also showed clearly and in some depth how fame, 'the media machine' and not least male attitudes can pull and warp someone's life till they barely know who they are anymore.
If anyone fancies a different view of Marilyn Monroe's life, I recommend this podcast.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

I mean ta for the link, but I don't have iTunes or nuffink.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

vietnammer wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:55 pm I mean ta for the link, but I don't have iTunes or nuffink.
Ah, sorry, I get it through my podcast feed.

I think yo can listen to it here, just hit the play button.

It's a great podcast anyway, not just this episode.

:thup:
westham,eggyandchips

Rattling through Cobra Kai.

Absurdly beautiful.
Estuary

Post by Estuary »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:06 pm You can believe that if you want dude.

I have no axe to grind with you. BOM on the other hand, apart from being a known drug pusher that indirectly led to the death of a teenage girl has somehow managed to give carve out a career as some sort of oracle that believes his own hype. He's a fantasist, narcissist, a 'wannabe' gangster, when in reality he's a nobody. Some of the stuff in his Essex Boys book that he claims to have been witness to is complete BS.

Apologies for that. It was a decent doc. It seems the makers of it were obviously taken in by him too though unfortunately.
Its your opinion, I am not going to get into the accusation other than to say you might want to think on this.
In my world you cannot put opinion on the screen.
The piece he filmed for Nailbomber and the claims within it will have had to be fact check verified and to a legal standard that satisfies both the UK legal requirements, slander, libel etc and any local global compliance regulations, the UK has OFCOM. Further they will have an insurance policy called an E&O policy which an independent lawyer will question every statement made in any film before signs off to the risk of legal challenge posed based on what can be proved of the truth of what is said in the film, only then will the insurance company issue the policy. This is a hugely onerous and expensive task, but is essential in true crime film making as nobody will show your film without it, so to sell to, or produce for Netflix or any other form of broadcaster the producers of Nail Bomber will have done this, there are no exceptions.
Also, just so you know, in our work with him we have done all this and more, of course we have we've had complaints, some of the criminals we featured have thin skins, and want to control their own narrative for their own purposes and are not used to the other side of being aired.
These come via Ofcome lawyers into the TV networks who broadcast our series and we then have to respond with evidence, and in every case that this has happened in our work with BOM we have been able to stand up via independent sources such as court papers, multiple news paper articles, or written confirmation via the home office.
You are entitled to your opinion, but in the case of the TV work he does, you are wrong.
Deepster
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Deepster »

First 2 episodes of Gangs of London series 2.
Really intense, buckle up if you are going to watch it.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Tried to watch Bosch but the bloke looks freakily like Jimmy Nesbitt with comedy chimpanzee arms.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1152 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:51 pm Tried to watch Bosch but the bloke looks freakily like Jimmy Nesbitt with comedy chimpanzee arms.
I think I was halfway through the first episode before I realised it wasn't him :crylol: Good series though!
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

Watched The Stranger last night. Aussie dark thriller about a true case of a sting operation to catch a child killer.

Very slow paced but loved it.
Larrakeyah Hammer
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by Larrakeyah Hammer »

On Disney +

Just watched
City of Angels / City of Death

About the unprecedented amount of Serial Killers in the LA area in the late 70’s & early 80’s

Very good told through the eyes of the detectives
Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2018 likes

Post by Shabu »

Unforgotten was bloody brilliant. Fantastic show.

Now watching Inside Men with Winston the drug dealer from Lock Stock :grin:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Deepster wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:11 pm First 2 episodes of Gangs of London series 2.
Really intense, buckle up if you are going to watch it.
It's way OTT, brutal, more holes in the plot than swiss cheese, but, it's an enjoyable decent watch :D
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:41 am It's way OTT, brutal, more holes in the plot than swiss cheese, but, it's an enjoyable decent watch :D
Excellent , sounds exactly like the first series. Looking forward to it.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:41 am It's way OTT, brutal, more holes in the plot than swiss cheese, but, it's an enjoyable decent watch :D
Excellent. Sounds exactly like the first series. Looking forward to getting stuck into this now House of The Dragon has finished.