MY Dad Roy alas passing away !

A Forum in which to remember those KUMB members and other West Ham United family who have sadly left us.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Roy of the Rovers

MY Dad Roy alas passing away !

Post by Roy of the Rovers »

Hi ,sorry this post is not about the Match today but about a real Weat Ham Fan !
My name is Steve ,not Roy ,that,s my Dads name !
I joined this site for him !
Tomorow he will be 90 !
Today he is in a Hospice ,I have looked after him for a year !
I am gutted because I wanted him to pass away at home but was outnumbered by family ,he has serious bladder cancer and is terminal ,I have now returned to an empty house !
My Dad grew up in East Ham ,lived in Shakespeare Road ,his passion was West Ham ,drove my Mum crazy ,took me to my first match against Man UTD , Best ,Charlton ,Stiles etc ,was a fan of them then ,but saw Moore ,Hurst ,Peters ,true history ,amazing !
When West Ham won the FA Cup the Cameras picked him out straight away !
He is a bloody decent man , want to play him at his funeral we are forever blowing Bubbles ,poignant song ,one of the best ,and get a bubble machine ,alas the Family think I am crazy ,big fight on there , I will win for him :scarfer:
Today I received a signed card for him for his Birthday tomorrow from the Legend Geoff Hurst ,with a lovely true handwritten message ,thanks mate...Legend...so grateful ,tears in my eyes !
Sorry this is not about the match today ,maybe just as well ,I am actually now a Bournemouth supporter and our clashes have been amazing intense real football , you are at home next week , doubt my Dad will make it , have to stay with him ,Can anyone shout out at the next game ...I AM ROY a WEST HAM BOY !! be amazing !...THANKS GUYS ,RESPECT..Steve
Should have stayed at Boleyn ,great place ,lived there opposite the grounds with an amazing Cockney Landlady , sorry just remembering the good times ..!
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Re: MY Dad Roy alas passing away !

Post by Kialos »

Best wishes to your Dad Steve, lovely gesture from Sir Geoff. I am sorry his time will soon be over but he is lucky to have such a loving son as you.
God bless you both :crest:
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Sorry to hear this Steve. Must be a tough time for you.
All I can say is remember the good times and treasure them.
Respect to your Dad and hope his passing is peaceful.
Roy of the Rovers

Kialos wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:36 pm Best wishes to your Dad Steve, lovely gesture from Sir Geoff. I am sorry his time will soon be over but he is lucky to have such a loving son as you.
God bless you both :crest:
Thank you so much ,afraid the eye taps are leaking ,thank you so much !
Roy of the Rovers

LOL thank you so much your reply , thank you , I now have tears of happiness ,bit messy , :scarfer:
Roy of the Rovers

Thank you so much for your message , made a few tears and a grin .. :scarfer:
Roy of the Rovers

Thank you so much for your kind words ! :crest:
[/quote]
Roy of the Rovers

BondsoBob wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:36 pm Sorry to hear this Steve. Must be a tough time for you.
All I can say is remember the good times and treasure them.
Respect to your Dad and hope his passing is peaceful. :crest:
Roy of the Rovers

Many thanks to you !! :scarfer:
Roy of the Rovers

:crest: :crest: :crest:
Roy of the Rovers

Thanks .and thanks again 1 :scarfer:
Roy of the Rovers

Thank you for your kind words :scarfer:
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

So sad when the old uns start to disappear it's like a little bit of all of us is being removed along with the true culture of the club in this already chaotic period of change. My heart goes out to you both.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

My thoughts are with him, hammer mate.

And, believe it or not, persons, and relatives even more, just do not only die or dissapear...

I have felt many times in my life, for example, that my grandmother are with me, and even, she protect me... when Im on the street, or outside, or having problems, etc.

They are WITH US, even if we do not just see them, as many things also exist, no matter if we see, notice or believe in them.

The human mind and soul are something thats really powerfull and we oft understimate. They are also some kind of energy (call it whatever you want), and energy do not just evaporate or dissapear... It lonly takes another form, state... lives how long you remind them, nurture his memory and think of them, daily.Just talk to them, and they will be there, listening, giving you company, stand by you.

Only die the ones who no one remind or think of.
Last edited by Universidad-de-Chile on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

my name is steve and my dads name was roy he passed a good few years ago now i still miss him hdearly god bless you all ch steve we also come out of east ham central park road
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Going through my own battle with the big C so both you and your Dad have my sincere best wishes for the future, It ain't over till it's over! :crest:
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

My thoughts are with you. Passing of our Dads is a hard milestone. You will never stop missing him but the grief does get easier to deal with in time.
Roy of the Rovers

e-20 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:28 pm So sad when the old uns start to disappear it's like a little bit of all of us is being removed along with the true culture of the club in this already chaotic period of change. My heart goes out to you both.
I hope WHU do well but it,s become owned by those who look at money first ,not Football ,my Dad over the last few years has being Dubbin on his old boots ,big Studs and a leather football ,he saw football of his era as far superior ,mud ,snow ,rain ,whatever ,Lucky Him :scarfer:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

All of our first supporters have passed on and many more, but they live on with us.

One of the most poignant moments of my life was watching the images of past players at the Boleyn on the last night and thinking of them and fans I knew who are no longer here.

I’ve lost a lot of love for the Club, but not for our family. Tell your dad he’ll always be a part of us.

:crest:
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Thanks for posting, Steve.
Wish your beloved Dad, a happy birthday from all of us on here, tomorrow.
90 is a great achievement & a fine old age.
Really great that during his lifetime, he witnessed all of the wonderful years & times, that we had.