The Johnson Government 2019-2022

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

666 hammer
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Re: The Johnson Government 2019-202?

Post by 666 hammer »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:00 pm People act like Johnson just suddenly appeared in December 2019 as the anti Corbyn choice. The fact is there were a lot of people that thought a piece of **** like him was an acceptable person to vote for as mayor, as MP and as party leader.

Every one of those people should be as embarrassed about their actions as the 14 NEC members that want Corbyn back in the Labour Party.
Obviously that lot are union flag waving, white van man types that are ignorant and stupid and the women 'Karens'.
If only people were smart enough to vote Labour but not with current leader at the time. Even though it was impossible.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 815 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

EvilC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:13 pm We can move on, it isn’t pleasant seeing you so uncomfortable with how Brexit is going when you sponsored it so keenly.

Brexit was and is a key part of the reason Johnson is here. He was talking about his shitty deal and just how shitty it was today.

Would you prefer to have your arm cut off or dither and keep said limb for a few years?
Where do you draw the conclusion I'm uncomfortable with how Brexit is going? How has the vaccination programme gone in the EU, did you take note of that at all?

The ONLY reason I was happy Boris won was because he at least would get it finished. It was obvious to anyone with a brain it would never been a smooth exit. I always said it was a long term decision, not a short one. The big picture was 10 years, not 10 months.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 645 likes
Total likes: 1856 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

666 hammer wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:15 am Obviously that lot are union flag waving, white van man types that are ignorant and stupid and the women 'Karens'.
If only people were smart enough to vote Labour but not with current leader at the time. Even though it was impossible.
Projecting much? That post was nothing to do with party politics but about Johnson as a person.

The point is that the man is a terrible person and the current situation is not just the fault of people who voted for him in 2019 or a result of people being offered him v. Corbyn.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Pretty much all politicians are terrible people.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:21 pm
But Corbyn had so much baggage, so much history, it was evident he would have been radically different to anything since the mid 70s Labour. His potential to damage this country was far deeper than the blond fucktard.
This is getting tedious now, but the whole point is that regardless of how bad we were all told Corbyn would be and beleived he would be, Johnson has so far been worse than the worst I imagined from Corbyn.

So how anyone can say categorically that Corbyn would have been worse is beyond me.
666 hammer
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by 666 hammer »

sendô wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:52 am This is getting tedious now, but the whole point is that regardless of how bad we were all told Corbyn would be and beleived he would be, Johnson has so far been worse than the worst I imagined from Corbyn.

So how anyone can say categorically that Corbyn would have been worse is beyond me.
:shock:
His manifesto, his so called friends that are not allied with Britain, they disrespect for the military and those that have left it.
What would the Labour policy be on migration, covid vaccines never mind lockdowns. The current Russia situation?
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by Prob »

You disliked the manifesto that actually would have helped working people in the UK? and it was fully costed.

Something the Tories have never done

I guess you can't help the brainwashed

The far left have been falling over themselves not to get involved with Russia. But are you just going to forget about the massive links between the Tories and Russian. And Russians just funding the Tory party.

I have never liked Corbyn and glad he is gone. But he would have made a far better PM then Boris has done so, even the 2 PM who came before him Corbyn would have been better.

12 years 3 of the worse PMs in the history of this country, under a party that has ripped apart from the UK. Food banks usage at record numbers, fuel poverty at record numbers, the number of people in poverty at record number.

But hey Corbyn was going to eat your children and is evil.
Last edited by Prob on Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2657 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:50 am Where do you draw the conclusion I'm uncomfortable with how Brexit is going? How has the vaccination programme gone in the EU, did you take note of that at all?

The ONLY reason I was happy Boris won was because he at least would get it finished. It was obvious to anyone with a brain it would never been a smooth exit. I always said it was a long term decision, not a short one. The big picture was 10 years, not 10 months.
Because you want to avoid discussing it. Yes, I took note. We were able to opt-out of their vaccination programme as an EU member. Did you take note of that at all?

The big picture looks terrible. That's the problem. I simply do not buy how getting something done where the benefits of it are (to me clearly) outweighed by the negatives is meant to be some sort of plus. It also does not mean that everyone has to shut the f*** up for a decade whilst the government defecates in the bed we all sleep in.

The PM ****ed over a bunch of British citizens in NI, denying them them some of the sovereignty that was apparently so important (and when we have a government that appears to be in the pocket of the Russians). Have you taken note of that at all?
mumbles87
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

666 hammer wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:10 am :shock:
His manifesto, his so called friends that are not allied with Britain, they disrespect for the military and those that have left it.
What would the Labour policy be on migration, covid vaccines never mind lockdowns. The current Russia situation?
yet constantly under-funding the military isn't disrespecting it?
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 700 likes

Post by delbert »

Prob wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:22 am
I guess you can't help the brainwashed

The far left have been falling over themselves not to get involved with Russia. But are you just going to forget about the massive links between the Tories and Russian. And Russians just funding the Tory party.

I have never liked Corbyn and glad he is gone.

12 years 3 of the worse PMs in the history of this country, under a party that has ripped apart from the UK. Food banks usage at record numbers, fuel poverty at record numbers, the number of people in poverty at record number.

But hey Corbyn was going to eat your children and is evil.
A ridiculous remark.

A bit of a U turn since the Soviet Union days when they was falling over themselves to get involved in helping them.

Some common ground.

3 worst PM's in the history of this country and you don't include Thatcher (Grrr)? The Leftwaffe will boot you out for that one.

Only if they were fair trade.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

666 hammer wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:10 am :shock:
The Tories have repeatedly broken their manifesto pledges.

The Tories receive numerous donations from Russian billionaires.

The Tories have repeatedly underfunded our armed forcces.

The lengths some people go to convince themselves that what we have at the moment from this corrupt, inept government is the best we possibly could have never ceases to astound me.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1241 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by last.caress »

You are banging your head against a brick wall, sendô.
Big George
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by Big George »

If I had one wish it would be that we stopped fighting the last election.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1838 likes
Total likes: 1152 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

666 hammer wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:15 am Obviously that lot are union flag waving, white van man types that are ignorant and stupid and the women 'Karens'.
How do you get away with this sh*t?

'That lot'? Who are 'that lot'? Over the half the country do you mean? Or just anyone that disagrees with your political viewpoint. 'White van man types' and 'Karen's' are ignorant and stupid are they? You're talking about the people that built this country and work and contribute to society so why is their opinion and vote worth less than yours?
Danny's Dyer Acting

Macca1973 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:54 pm How do you get away with this sh*t?

'That lot'? Who are 'that lot'? Over the half the country do you mean? Or just anyone that disagrees with your political viewpoint. 'White van man types' and 'Karen's' are ignorant and stupid are they? You're talking about the people that built this country and work and contribute to society so why is their opinion and vote worth less than yours?
In fairness he was taking the piss and trying to suggest that was my viewpoint.

Again, it wasn't. I don't really care who the people are that thought Johnson was a suitable candidate for mayor/parliament at any point over the last 15 years. Regardless of the colour rosette he wears, I think they're all just as mad as each other for giving someone like him their backing.

EDIT: Just to add in at no point has Johnson or this Tory incarnation had the support of more than half the country.
Macca1973

Post by Macca1973 »

There is a way of doing that without using that sort of terminology.

Johnson was no worse a candidate than Corbyn, who someone earlier suggested would have made a better PM despite his support of various terrorist groups round the world. As for Mayor, is Johnson any worse than Khan? No groups get lumped together when suggesting why they voted for him.

I am disappointed with Johnson but I voted for him in good faith, I believed it to be good for the country at the time as I'm sure did a lot of people. It's easy to criticise and ridicule people in hindsight. I mean, who knew the golden boy Tony Blair would turn out to be a warmonger when he swept to power in 1997?
Danny's Dyer Acting

Macca1973 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:10 pm There is a way of doing that without using that sort of terminology.

Johnson was no worse a candidate than Corbyn, who someone earlier suggested would have made a better PM despite his support of various terrorist groups round the world. As for Mayor, is Johnson any worse than Khan? No groups get lumped together when suggesting why they voted for him.

I am disappointed with Johnson but I voted for him in good faith, I believed it to be good for the country at the time as I'm sure did a lot of people. It's easy to criticise and ridicule people in hindsight. I mean, who knew the golden boy Tony Blair would turn out to be a warmonger when he swept to power in 1997?
I'm not suggesting there was any need for hindsight here though.

When people voted him in as Mayor he'd been repeatedly sacked for lying.
When people voted him in as their MP he'd added the stench of corruption from his time as Mayor.
When they voted for him to lead their party he'd been unfaithful to his wife while she was going through cancer treatment and been sacked/forced to quit (can't recall which) for his behaviour when foreign sec.

His politics and views on Brexit, the economy, healthcare, education etc aside, he's fundamentally not a good person and he's shown everyone that repeatedly for almost two decades now.
Macca1973

Post by Macca1973 »

..but voting for Corbyn is fine? A supporter of the IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah. A 'friend' of Argentina because of his Falklands stance. A borderline Communist and 'friend' of Cuba. I couldn't possibly vote for someone like that.

Seems like the usual hypocrisy at play here. 'Your guys a sh*t, why did you vote for him? Yes our guys a sh*t but he's our sh*t'!
Macca1973

Post by Macca1973 »

In fact, when was the last politician that both sides of the political spectrum would have found acceptable. Blair at the time? In an earlier discussion I suggested that Neil Kinnock and John Smith were politicians I admired and respected despite being opposite to me in political view and were they around today Labour would walk the next election and I would probably vote for them myself. The problem for Labour supporters is it's more personal. They would never vote for or admit respect for a Tory politician because of fundamental personal feelings to do with wealth and privilege.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Macca1973 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:26 pm ..but voting for Corbyn is fine? A supporter of the IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah. A 'friend' of Argentina because of his Falklands stance. A borderline Communist and 'friend' of Cuba. I couldn't possibly vote for someone like that.

Seems like the usual hypocrisy at play here. 'Your guys a sh*t, why did you vote for him? Yes our guys a sh*t but he's our sh*t'!
Was Corbyn on the ballot paper for party leader? Or London Mayor? If not, I don't really see his relevance to the point that at no stage in the last 20 years has Johnson had the sort of character that made him worthy of anyone's vote.