The Johnson Government 2019-2022

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2648 likes
Total likes: 1195 likes

Re: The Johnson Government 2019-202?

Post by EvilC »

Rays Rock wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:21 pm Certainly wasn’t cheered into office by the media. If you caught any of the election night coverage from CH4, BBC or Sky News the bottom lips were quivering all over the place.
It sounds like they knew a dangerous imbecile with serious character flaws was being put in charge.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Not sure I’d be happy with Boris “leading” us into world war 3 to be honest
666 hammer
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by 666 hammer »

People easily forget the options. Would Corbyn have been a bigger risk/embarrassment?
I think so.
And with his past attitude towards Russia, we would be a lone beacon in the West giving them support.

My prediction:
Boris will hang on untill May. No one wants this mess, with the chance of WW3. The party will decide depending on local election results. Labour won't do as well as expected, Tory will lose out to parties like reform. Borris will stay in untill the next big f### up.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

EvilC wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:28 pm It sounds like they knew a dangerous imbecile with serious character flaws was being put in charge.
So not at all cheered into office by the media as previously claimed.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Rays Rock wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:17 pm Yes, what started out as a good scoop has turned into a witch hunt for a man that they didn’t want as PM.
I know. And he's achieved so much during his time in office you would have thought they'd be right behind him.

At least his own party will have his back and definitely won't be using their media connections to ramp this all up to try and get shot of him.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Rays Rock wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:43 am So not at all cheered into office by the media as previously claimed.
He was cheered in by a fair chunk. Who look like c**** now.
Also, we now have a presidential system now. I must have missed that.

Rays Rock

Post by Rays Rock »

He needs to go, but it has turned into a media witch hunt. I felt angry at the party news revelations, but the more that get squeezed out that look like things that happened at work end up diluting the impact of the early ones. Typical of the media.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Without the "witch hunt" hed sweep it under the already bulging carpet. The witch hunt ends when he quits.
Last edited by EvilC on Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rays Rock

Post by Rays Rock »

Turns to Stone wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:45 am I know. And he's achieved so much during his time in office you would have thought they'd be right behind him.
Neither here or there tts
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Rays Rock wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:08 am Neither here or there tts
Boris could be out in front of a camera right now telling us all what he has acheived during his time, and what an impact his leadership has had on the country and why these 'mistakes' should not be relevant in the grand scheme of things. And to ignore the press and let him get on with the job in hand.

But he can't do that because a) he's not done anything and b) he was never capable of doing anything in the first place. Boris didn't want to make change - he wanted to have 'PM' on his CV.

Aside from not focusing on a much bigger and scarier story, what are the media saying that's not true?
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 811 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

666 hammer wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:30 am People easily forget the options. Would Corbyn have been a bigger risk/embarrassment?
I think so.
And there lies the answer. What a choice we had.

As a traditional Tory voter I said long ago I did not want Boris as leader. Knew he would turn out exactly as he has.

Yet when it was either him or Corbyn, what choice did I have?
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1227 likes

Post by Tenbury »

I saw that interview with Rees-Mogg. He was allowed to spout that 'presidential' crap without challenge, citing 'the odd exceptions' of Wilson>Callaghan and Blair>Brown without mentioning the other 'odd exceptions' such as Thatcher>Major, and Cameron>May.. :D... wonderful carcrash stuff!
It was the most uncomfortable TVinterview I can remember since John Knott's during the Falklands conflict..... so well worth checking out onthe Iplayer 8-)
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 1849 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

666 hammer wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:30 am People easily forget the options. Would Corbyn have been a bigger risk/embarrassment?
I think so.
And with his past attitude towards Russia, we would be a lone beacon in the West giving them support.

My prediction:
Boris will hang on untill May. No one wants this mess, with the chance of WW3. The party will decide depending on local election results. Labour won't do as well as expected, Tory will lose out to parties like reform. Borris will stay in untill the next big f### up.
Why would Corbyn's atittude to Russia be worse than having a Prime Minister who made an ex KGB agent's son a lord? And a governing party who take millions every year from individuals with very direct links (both personally and professionally) to power in Russia?

Why do you think Reform will have a sudden surge in May? Didn't happen in the recent by elections, isn't happening in any polls (one poll could be waved away but multiple polls over a sustained period have some weight to them).
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:14 am And there lies the answer. What a choice we had.

As a traditional Tory voter I said long ago I did not want Boris as leader. Knew he would turn out exactly as he has.

Yet when it was either him or Corbyn, what choice did I have?
Depends on your constituency. I voted LD as they are the second party in mine, way behind the Conservatives. The way I saw it was that by not voting Conservative you were voting for a hung parliament, which would have been a better option than this.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 1849 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

We seem to be hitting the "he did nothing wrong, this is all a fake news MSM witch hunt" stage of the Trump-Johnson cycle.

What's our January 6th moment going to be? I hear the Little Pissingbourne WI plan to launch a siege of the local counting office after the elections in May.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 469 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:14 am Yet when it was either him or Corbyn, what choice did I have?
None of the above? This pathetic tennis match between Tory and Labour is what makes British politics stale. It's a two party system because people think "well if it's not labour, I must vote tory" (or vice-versa). What nonsense.

"He's better than Corbyn" - hardly a good basis upon which to vote!

F*ck Corbyn anyway. Bloke was/is a joke and is long gone. This lot however....

Big George
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by Big George »

Report def coming today.
Best bet early evening.
Def not before PMQs.

Stand by your beds.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2697 likes

Post by sendô »

666 hammer wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:30 am People easily forget the options.
This old b*llocks again.

My 4 year old would make a better PM than Boris Johnson. He's certainly got more backbone, and he can count to more than 6, which apparently Bozo cannot.
666 hammer wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:30 amWould Corbyn have been a bigger risk/embarrassment?
I think so.
As opposed to the Conservative government who have numerous Russian donors?
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 811 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

sendô wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:53 am This old b*llocks again.
But it's not b*llocks is it?

Boris was dangerous, in a buffoon, unqualified idiot, going to fly by the seat of his pants way.

Corby, well he had the potential to be dangerous on a far deeper level.
delbert
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

sendô wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:53 am This old b*llocks again.

My 4 year old would make a better PM than Boris Johnson. He's certainly got more backbone, and he can count to more than 6, which apparently Bozo cannot.

As opposed to the Conservative government who have numerous Russian donors?
Your 4 year old would also have made a better PM than Corbyn, that means the debate then revolves around who would've been a better second choice. Given that choice was between the incompetent and the traitorous I'd go for the incompetent and hope for the best rather than the traitorous and expect the worst
It wasn't just Corbyn though, Brexit also muddied the waters........