The Johnson Government 2019-2022

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Re: The Johnson Government 2019-202?

Post by Clacton-ammer »

:lol:
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 1849 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

People act like Johnson just suddenly appeared in December 2019 as the anti Corbyn choice. The fact is there were a lot of people that thought a piece of **** like him was an acceptable person to vote for as mayor, as MP and as party leader.

Every one of those people should be as embarrassed about their actions as the 14 NEC members that want Corbyn back in the Labour Party.
delbert
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:00 pm Aside from taking the piss out of everyone by getting pissed with his mates throughout lockdown we also seem to be getting proof today that Russia's friend Johnson intervened to make sure a crucial flight of dogs made it back from Afghanistan. Wonder how many people could have been on that plane that are now dead or in hiding waiting to be killed?

Be annoying for him if there was video of him saying he definitely played no part in that.
The plane was privately funded to primarily get the animals out, so probably none. Saying that it came out with a load of empty seats so better use could've been made of it but the point remains it wouldn't have there at all if wasn't for getting the animals out, why BJ felt the need to lie over this is another thing all together though.....
Danny's Dyer Acting

delbert wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:02 pm The plane was privately funded to primarily get the animals out, so probably none. Saying that it came out with a load of empty seats so better use could've been made of it but the point remains it wouldn't have there at all if wasn't for getting the animals out, why BJ felt the need to lie over this is another thing all together though.....
That slot should have been used to get people out. The fact time was wasted bringing dogs out is disgraceful and will lead to deaths - if it hasn't already.

He lied because that's who he is.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 494 likes
Total likes: 1970 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:36 pm silly sausage
Careful, Delbert will get upset if you use that kind of language.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2698 likes

Post by sendô »

delbert wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:51 pm On the balance of probabilities though.....? :grin:
On the balance of probabilities the thing that has actually happened is statistically more likely than the thing didn't happen.
delbert

Post by delbert »

Monkeyblubbs wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:23 pm Careful, Delbert will get upset if you use that kind of language.
delbert is with a small "d".......
Last edited by delbert on Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delbert

Post by delbert »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:11 pm That slot should have been used to get people out. The fact time was wasted bringing dogs out is disgraceful and will lead to deaths - if it hasn't already.

He lied because that's who he is.
I agree, it was supposed to have been for both. Point still stands though, if the mutts weren't there the flight wouldn't have existed anyway.....
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1227 likes

Post by Tenbury »

delbert wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:57 pm delbert is with a small "d".......
Never mind, It ain't wot ya got, it's wot ya do with it.

[actually that's a lie, or 'Johnson' if you prefer.]
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 811 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

sendô wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:47 pm No, the point is you have no idea how good or bad a PM Corbyn would have been because he didn't become PM. It's an utter irrelevance, but only ever gets trotted out in order to somehow excuse or deflect from Johnson's utter incompetence.
I think I was pretty clear how I feel about Boris. I am on record on the Brexit thread saying if things carry on he will end up leader and we will all regret it.

The reality is we managed to parallel the US. How did we end up with Trump? Because the Democrats insisted on Hilary.

How did Boris not only get elected, but such a strong mandate, becuase people saw the alternative as Corbyn and Momentum. Corbyn can be the only explanation why so many lifelong Labour voters switched.

With most potential leaders you can play my Auntie had b*llocks all day long.

But Corbyn had so much baggage, so much history, it was evident he would have been radically different to anything since the mid 70s Labour. His potential to damage this country was far deeper than the blond fucktard.
Bend it like Repka

EvilC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:02 pm It is hard to tell, but maybe we wouldn't have the border in the Irish Sea that the current PM insisted wouldn't happen just a few days prior to the election.
We'd probably be still half in half out, stuck in an endless cycle of Brexit chat, with Corbyn still giving the EU 7 out of 10.....
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1227 likes

Post by Tenbury »

We still effectively ARE half in half out.
There was, supposedly an 'oven ready' deal. Yet we still trade with the US with adeal far worse than the EU enjoy, the agricultural sector, post EU, is Donald Ducked and God knows what's going on in NI.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2648 likes
Total likes: 1195 likes

Post by EvilC »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:33 pm We'd probably be still half in half out, stuck in an endless cycle of Brexit chat, with Corbyn still giving the EU 7 out of 10.....
Instead of the brilliant situation we are in now where we are trying to renegotiate the oven ready deal whilst enjoying self-imposed economic sanctions.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 1070 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:21 pm How did Boris not only get elected, but such a strong mandate, becuase people saw the alternative as Corbyn and Momentum. Corbyn can be the only explanation why so many lifelong Labour voters switched.
I'd say Brexit was a pretty big reason tbh, bigger than Corbyn (although his prevarication on it didn't help).

These places voted for him in 2017. I think he massively misunderstood the importance of people's votes cast in 2016 to communities he claimed to be the champion of. He (I think) believes in the power of people through elections yet managed to hack his way through 2 years of increasingly painful fence sitting and it cost him.

In 2 years he went from football chants to looking a lost fool. He did for the Tories what Johnson seems to be doing for labour. Just let them sit back and watch him hand them votes.
Bend it like Repka

EvilC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:50 pm Instead of the brilliant situation we are in now where we are trying to renegotiate the oven ready deal whilst enjoying self-imposed economic sanctions.
Nice to see the Remainers have moved on.......

Was the plan to turn this into another Brexit debate? I thought we were discussing what Corbyn would have done.

Based on his comments before the election, the answer is no one knew, because he never got off the fence. Another example of why he would have been a disaster, he would have dithered and kept us in a holding pattern for another 5 years, where we all could have carried on discussing it ad infinitum.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2648 likes
Total likes: 1195 likes

Post by EvilC »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:50 pm Nice to see the Remainers have moved on.......

Was the plan to turn this into another Brexit debate? I thought we were discussing what Corbyn would have done.

Based on his comments before the election, the answer is no one knew, because he never got off the fence. Another example of why he would have been a disaster, he would have dithered and kept us in a holding pattern for another 5 years, where we all could have carried on discussing it ad infinitum.
We can move on, it isn’t pleasant seeing you so uncomfortable with how Brexit is going when you sponsored it so keenly.

Brexit was and is a key part of the reason Johnson is here. He was talking about his shitty deal and just how shitty it was today.

Would you prefer to have your arm cut off or dither and keep said limb for a few years?
Big George
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by Big George »

If only they had put this effort into getting those Afghans who had worked with British forces & embassy.

“She was keen to get press on the plane”

State…

RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 801 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

As it was debated at the time Pen Farthing was trying to get those dogs and cats back from Afgan, animals don't tend to sit in 32A or 53D. They tend to be crated and put in the hold.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Really smart use of the PM and his team's time that.

I guess the upside is that while they were making they calls they probably weren't getting pissed.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

delbert wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:02 pm The plane was privately funded to primarily get the animals out, so probably none. Saying that it came out with a load of empty seats so better use could've been made of it but the point remains it wouldn't have there at all if wasn't for getting the animals out, why BJ felt the need to lie over this is another thing all together though.....
I'm waiting for, 'he didn't know they were animals'...