Who Next? The odds

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Re: Who Next? The odds

Post by Jabsco79 »

MorthwylMawr wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:02 pm If it is nailed on Moyes as being reported why hasn't it been announced yet? Could there be another serious candidate option in the mix?
Pray hard enough...
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

My feelings are best expressed using the words of The Specials...................it's all a load of bollox and bollox to it all
NedN
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by NedN »

MorthwylMawr wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:02 pm If it is nailed on Moyes as being reported why hasn't it been announced yet? Could there be another serious candidate option in the mix?
GSB have had a play they do with this when they’re about to announce an underwhelming signing, etc: have it widely public that we’re interested in x player or manager (who the fans hate - here Moyes). Make it look like we’re really close to getting them. Instead introduce y (insert underwhelming player/manager choice) and say you “listened to the fans” who didn’t like x.

Razzle dazzle, suddenly your underwhelming pick looks better in comparison, and if it all goes wrong you can even blame your own fans half a year later.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

If it’s Moyes no form of protest should be seen as too extreme. However I think like many others I’ll just quit.
Da Vinci
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Da Vinci »

NedN wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:30 pm GSB have had a play they do with this when they’re about to announce an underwhelming signing, etc: have it widely public that we’re interested in x player or manager (who the fans hate - here Moyes). Make it look like we’re really close to getting them. Instead introduce y (insert underwhelming player/manager choice) and say you “listened to the fans” who didn’t like x.

Razzle dazzle, suddenly your underwhelming pick looks better in comparison, and if it all goes wrong you can even blame your own fans half a year later.
Tony Pulis :)
pezza20
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Moyes ... 18 month contract ...
Uninspiring, dull and I reckon within 3 matches if couples with poor results the fans will revolt ... however many might remain by then ...

The spivs will never learn, will never being us success and we will end up with 30k at home games by the end of the season and players desperate to leave resulting in almost certain relegation.

How utterly depressing.
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Brown Sauce wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:55 am Sullivan is more likely to appoint Radoslav.
:scarfer:

I think it will be Rafa.

Failing that, a Houghton/Parker combo...
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Caretaker for Bournemouth and Gills FA Cup game, maybe even Sheff Utd

Full time fella in officially from the Everton home game, more time for him and less chance of starting off ****
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

The telling point so far is the timing of the announcement. Despite the constant rumours of her has 2 more games’ there was clearly no defined plan in place.

With Moyes being out of work, and seemingly unemployable anywhere but here, the fact he hasn’t been shoehorned in, leads me to think he may not be the one.

I’ve heard rumours, mainly terrifying, but being the focal point at the helm of a multi million pound, global entity is something that comes aa a result of ****ing through the contacts on Sully’s phone and randomly picking a name who may be daft enough to work under the premise of short term thinking. One window backing. Then getting undermined by the chairman/squad/both until you are sacked/forced out.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

pezza20 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:39 am Dicksy - Kovac has been lauded by some but at Bayern he was found wanting in the same way Bilic was, clueless when things were going wrong, good when they were winning.

Wenger has a fantastic record and knows a player, and the league, I don't care if he is 100 years old, but merely going for the same old tired names like Moyes and Hughton will just lead to more misery.
Kovac is "another Pelle in the wait"....

Will say +85% of the Bayern fans. (I can post the sources from german media)

No plan B whatsoever..
denzel

Post by denzel »

I quite like Stuart Pearce tbf. I thought he was really decent during his relatively short stint with us and always comes across well when I’ve heard him on the radio. Not your average ex-player/pundit either he went on his summer hols to North Korea.

I have no idea if he’s a decent assistant or coach mind you.
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Spalleti
Marcelino
Rangnick
Allegri
Moreno
Giampaulo
Pochettino
Solari

Surely one of these would be interested in managing us?

Does anyone know where they feature in the odds? I don’t do betting!
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

pezza20 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:55 pm Moyes ... 18 month contract ...
Is this ITK or opinion? Not a dig I just know you have good information at times.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Whilst the hope in the delay of the announcement of Moyes is that they’ve realised the vast majority of fans don’t want him back, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s that they’ll announce it at a late hour to avoid the main news. If I recall correctly that’s what happened the last time.
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

Is Prandelli still out of work?

(I know it’s Moyes, I’m just clutching at straws).
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Just get Pochettino before someone else does.
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:19 pm Just get Pochettino before someone else does.
Hahaha lay off the drugs.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

It's been leaked for weeks that the board have been talking to other managers since before the Chelsea game, pretty sure I read that Dyche, Howe and Ancelotti were all spoken to.

These talks clearly didn't go well. It's not surprising that our board have a bad reputation amongst managers, I can't imagine Bilic, Allardyce, Moyes or Pellegrini have much nice to say in their social circles.

They have left us with only uninspiring options such is their poor reputation. If it is Moyes, any protests should only be aimed squarely at the board.

I remember when Chelsea brought Benitez in and at his first game the fans were waving anti-Benitez signs around, I thought it looked massively muggy.

If we attack Moyes from the off the media will spin it as us being ungrateful and unwilling to give him a chance. The real problem here are the board, and we need to make sure they and the rest of the world know it.
Da Vinci
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Da Vinci »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:19 pm Just get Pochettino before someone else does.
He would have to pay his £12.5 million compo back to Levy unless Sully is going to pay it for him :)
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

thejackhammer wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:35 pm If we attack Moyes from the off the media will spin it as us being ungrateful and unwilling to give him a chance. The real problem here are the board, and we need to make sure they and the rest of the world know it.
I couldn’t give a f*** what the outside world thinks about us and I won’t be applauding this c**** return to the athletics stadium