Carlton Cole - Top Man

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Re: Carlton Cole - Top Man

Post by Wembley1966 »

I'll be in Hastings that weekend - be good to have a beer with any of you Sussex guys going to this.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1039397083650530
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:54 pm I know all we love him for his comic value, but seriously if he'd not played for us and was say ex-Spurs, a lot would be saying he's inarticulate, adds no insight and consequently is one of the worst pundits on TV.
I think that anyway. Regardless who he played for. Embarrassing watching him on European nights.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I think that could be said tho for a lot of the younger generation. Speaking the queens English seems to reduce outside the bbc. Especially your roadman yoof of nowadays that probably identify more with him then someone that speaks proper. Who do you think would be more comfortable chatting with big narstie? Carlton Cole or Gary linekar. He's modern Britain - if given the choice I’d rather a million Carlton Cole’s over 1 Jermaine Jenas.
Kermit
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by Kermit »

Westbourne Bill wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:54 pm
I know all we love him for his comic value, but seriously if he'd not played for us and was say ex-Spurs, a lot would be saying he's inarticulate, adds no insight and consequently is one of the worst pundits on TV.
westham,eggyandchips wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:05 am I think that anyway. Regardless who he played for. Embarrassing watching him on European nights.
I agree with the OP. I'd much rather watch and listen to someone who expresses their feelings and opinions honestly and openly than listen to a watered down version sanitised for the benefit of a politically correct media. For that reason I also enjoy watching Gary Neville when he dissects a Manchester United performance that has fallen below the standards he expects his former club to perform at. Roy Keane is another whom speaks his mind frankly and is worth listening to imo. I don't agree with a lot they say but that is unimportant.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3052 likes
Total likes: 2693 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Really enjoyed Carlton's interview with Aguerd on the club website. Good stuff, that the club has taken Carlton under their wings. A true mascot!
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1874 likes
Total likes: 2492 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Meh, I like the guy. Okay, he’s not the brightest of bulbs, but he knows it, and his enthusiasm is infectious and I like people who don’t take themselves seriously. Kinda like the opposite of Garth Crooks.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Georgee Paris wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:12 am I think that could be said tho for a lot of the younger generation. Speaking the queens English seems to reduce outside the bbc. Especially your roadman yoof of nowadays that probably identify more with him then someone that speaks proper. Who do you think would be more comfortable chatting with big narstie? Carlton Cole or Gary linekar. He's modern Britain - if given the choice I’d rather a million Carlton Cole’s over 1 Jermaine Jenas.
It’s not so much how he sounds when he says words that holds our Carlton back. It’s more what he says, or struggles to say, rather.

I love seeing him on our coverage and also in this role representing us as his passion is obvious and genuine. But it’s a risk. There’s always a Talksport slip-up waiting in there somewhere!
Shabu
Has liked: 4190 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

New video up of Carltons top ten goals so we can all bask in his brilliance.

Last edited by Up the Junction on Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator.
norse
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 835 likes

Post by norse »

This is the best ever Carlton compilation. Nothing comes close

Xabbu
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Xabbu »

norse wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:43 pm This is the best ever Carlton compilation. Nothing comes close
FaF :rofl:
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3201 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

norse wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:43 pm This is the best ever Carlton compilation. Nothing comes close
Superb stuff.

Love both men obviously, but that Carlton highlights package makes Iron Mike look like Messi in comparison :lol:
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Intelligence can be a funny thing. I'm convinced that to be a premier league player for a number of years, that as well as pure talent, you have to have football Intelligence. Understanding complex messages from a manager and keep your eye on things going on around you.

I may be poo pood here but we all know the kid who could dribble around everyone but didn't make it.

I was one of the most useless players ever. I couldn't keep up let alone know what's going on.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1874 likes
Total likes: 2492 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

“Composure”
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

That second highlights clip is a masterpiece
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Got emotional talking about the academy boys last night, on BT Sport.

He really cares.

Love you Carlton.

:crest:
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

S-H wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:29 am Got emotional talking about the academy boys last night, on BT Sport.
Yep, he was oozing with pride for the youngsters before, during and after the game
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

bonzosbeard wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:07 pm Intelligence can be a funny thing. I'm convinced that to be a premier league player for a number of years, that as well as pure talent, you have to have football Intelligence. Understanding complex messages from a manager and keep your eye on things going on around you.

I may be poo pood here but we all know the kid who could dribble around everyone but didn't make it.

I was one of the most useless players ever. I couldn't keep up let alone know what's going on.
It’s one of the reasons Rooney was so good. He isn’t the most eloquent but his football IQ was off the charts. Ferguson could play him anywhere and he would do a job. Backfired for him as a player, but helped the team.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:25 pm It’s one of the reasons Rooney was so good. He isn’t the most eloquent but his football IQ was off the charts. Ferguson could play him anywhere and he would do a job. Backfired for him as a player, but helped the team.
Same to an extent as Gazza. In some ways thick as a brick, but on the pitch he was very, very clever...
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Albie Beck wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:43 pm Same to an extent as Gazza. In some ways thick as a brick, but on the pitch he was very, very clever...
Shame to think what he could have achieved. Dumbest thing he did was leaving Rangers as the fans loved him there and he had his best post-injury form there as well.