Irons Supporting Foodbanks

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Big George
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Re: Irons Supporting Foodbanks - Big Thanks

Post by Big George »

NorthernIron wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:50 pm

'Many of our children and their families are living in unsuitable housing, having to budget on very little money, being trapped indoors with no access to friends or extended family, especially this year a lot of what gives family and children joy is just not accessible at the moment.
Enabling children and families to enjoy Christmas, to have some wonderful presents to open and something to look forward to on Christmas day will have made all the difference - especially seeing as we have gone back into lockdown; ensuring that Christmas was a happy time will hopefully make the next few months a bit more bearable.
Thank you again, for allowing us to bring some real genuine joy, and warmth and kindness to these families.'
Social Worker

'I couldn't find a card that expressed my gratitude the way I wanted. I need a card that gives you a big hug to show my gratitude for the lovely presents for the children. I have not worked for a while and worried as I don't have money to spend on Christmas gifts and then the surprise made a huge difference!'
Parent with a disabled child

'I love West Ham and I told mum I want Santa to bring me something West Ham and he did! this is the BEST present. I didn't think he would bring me anything this year because mum is busy and because of Covid people can't go outside to get presents for each other.'
Comments from young person receiving gifts

'I have struggled with my mental health this year and to be honest I don't think I have thought about Christmas or presents. To receive this I am very grateful and it has made me very emotional that people are still looking out for each other. It has uplifted me.'
Parent

O - single mum living in poor cramped conditions with her 3 autistic children.
This mother was so very grateful she became upset on delivery and said the "kindness of strangers weighed on her heart".

Thank you the West Ham family :crest:
It's a scandal it's needed but I'm proud of what you and the ISF/Kumb family have achieved NI. :crest:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Re: Irons Supporting Foodbanks

Post by Doc H Ball »

Kudos to you and all others involved NI :thup:
NorthernIron
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Re: Irons Supporting Foodbanks Easter Egg Appeal

Post by NorthernIron »

We’re launching our Easter Egg Appeal this week. In 2020 despite the beginning of lockdown we were able to distribute over 1,100 Easter eggs to Newham children through Newham Foodbank. This year we hope to exceed that number and get nearer to 5,000 eggs for distribution to families using the foodbank. We’ll also be supporting the efforts of Ambition Aspire Achieve in Canning Town with their appeal.

Drop off points in Beckton are at Tesco Gallions Reach, ASDA Tollgate Road and Waitrose Stratford Westfield. Otherwise we would welcome any donations at the link below. Just the cost of a pint or two will make such a difference for these kids who have had a tough 12 months during the various lockdowns.

If you can spare just a few bob please donate here: www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IronsSu ... gFoodbanks

Thanks in advance :crest:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 754 likes
Total likes: 3480 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

NorthernIron

Post by NorthernIron »

We were pleased to be recognised as a winner in the FSA Awards (#LockdownHeroes) for the #CharityNotPPV campaign we supported.

Over £400,000 raised for local foodbanks through the Fans Supporting Foodbanks National Network.

Thanks to all the KUMBers, West Han fans and friends for your support. :thup:
Northbank Bar
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 146 likes

Post by Northbank Bar »

Northern Iron.You should be very proud.Well done mate.
NorthernIron

Post by NorthernIron »

Northbank Bar wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:45 pm Northern Iron.You should be very proud.Well done mate.
Thanks NB.

Our fans are a special breed :thup:
NorthernIron

Post by NorthernIron »

Pleased to advise that Newham Foodbank distributed over 5,700 Easter eggs in time for today through their 7 centres. Deliveries were made to another 5 church foodbanks that we've teamed up with, stretching from Stratford to North Woolwich. There was also a donation made to the AAA Zone/Recorder Appeal.

We're grateful to so many for supporting us and for the donations made by the members of this forum.

Many thanks.

#WestHamFamily :crest:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

top work john :thup:

had the pleasure of john sending me these great buton badges
NorthernIron

Post by NorthernIron »

After an 18 month absence, Irons Supporting Foodbanks will be back on site this Saturday from 12 noon for the game vs Atalanta.

If anyone's going to the game please consider calling by and making a donation. Newham Foodbank are needing UHT milk, pasta/rice, tinned soup, tinned tomatoes, tinned meat/fish, juice, snacks.

All being well, from the Leicester game onwards we'll have a QR code available for smartphone donations to the justgiving page.

Here's our location on Stratford Walk, same as before: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8BWRNvXMAE ... ame=medium
NorthernIron

Post by NorthernIron »

After an 18 month absence at PL games, Irons Supporting Foodbanks will be back on site tomorrow from 5pm for the game vs Leicester City.

If anyone's going to the game please consider calling by and making a donation. Newham Foodbank are needing UHT milk, pasta/rice, tinned soup, tinned tomatoes, tinned meat/fish, juice, snacks.

Canning Town Len has kindly made us a couple of large aluminium shinys with a QR code that lets you directly access the justgiving page. The contribution that the football fan community makes cannot be underestimated, at Newcastle last week they collected £2,006 in cash plus 6 trays of food for the local foodbank, and a further £595 from a sponsored walk. Outside of the foodbank donations, we've been busy in securing over 250 new overcoats from Arriva Trains for distribution to the homeless and refugees in Newham and Essex with the help of Rev. Elwin. We've already supplied 1,000's of new tees and hoodies to homeless and women's refuges in Newham and Ilford.

Here's our location on Stratford Walk, same as before: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8BWRNvXMAE ... ame=medium

Thanks as ever for your support :hammb:
Igor_E7
Has liked: 1573 likes
Total likes: 277 likes

Post by Igor_E7 »

I'll leave some rice and pasta with you tomorrow, thanks for your work!
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Brilliant work again Northern Iron.
Will see you later.
As an aside your link above doesn't seem to work but the one on the Atlanta post does.
For those that want to know they are basically right near the Aquatics centre.
NorthernIron

Post by NorthernIron »

Igor_E7 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:39 pm I'll leave some rice and pasta with you tomorrow, thanks for your work!
Thanks for your donation Igor, it was good to meet you :newthumb:
NorthernIron

Post by NorthernIron »

mushy wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:51 am Brilliant work again Northern Iron.
Will see you later.
As an aside your link above doesn't seem to work but the one on the Atlanta post does.
For those that want to know they are basically right near the Aquatics centre.
Appreciate that mate. Will get the location details sorted for Saturday.

Our fans and Leicester visitors donated £222 plus 35kg of food to Newham Foodbank last night. Thank you, greatly appreciated :clap:
Joffrey
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Joffrey »

Fantastic work that you and the team do collecting at games. Big respect. Is there a link to a list of the food items or toiletries that are needed at the moment mate? Will come on Saturday via the shop.
Igor_E7

Post by Igor_E7 »

NorthernIron wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:37 pm Thanks for your donation Igor, it was good to meet you :newthumb:
Thank you! And see you on Saturday! :hamm:
NorthernIron

Post by NorthernIron »

Igor_E7 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:09 am Thank you! And see you on Saturday! :hamm:
Thanks again, look forward to it :thup:
NorthernIron

Post by NorthernIron »

We'll be back collecting at the usual place tomorrow from 12 noon for the Palace game.

The club is giving us a couple of minutes to chat pitchside before the game. Maybe that's why the game's now sold out :grin:

These are the items that Newham Foodbank are short of:

UHT milk
pasta/rice
tinned soup
tinned tomatoes
tinned meat/fish
juice
snacks

Thanks in advance COYI :hamm:
Igor_E7

Post by Igor_E7 »

It was pleasure to meet you today, two times actually, one time on a massive screen :)