David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Albie Beck »

Gazmundo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:57 pm I'm amazed Steve Clarke hasn't been headhunted by a PL club. The players absolutely love playing for him and he's capable of handling top stars. Before the Scotland job he took Kilmarnock from bottom of the league to third in the SPL. Maybe he's not exotic enough for these clueless Chairmen in the EPL. He should have been West Ham manager with Zola as his assistant - not the other way around.
I've said that before too.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Gazmundo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:57 pm I'm amazed Steve Clarke hasn't been headhunted by a PL club. The players absolutely love playing for him and he's capable of handling top stars. Before the Scotland job he took Kilmarnock from bottom of the league to third in the SPL. Maybe he's not exotic enough for these clueless Chairmen in the EPL. He should have been West Ham manager with Zola as his assistant - not the other way around.
He's a great coach, but his stints at WBA and Reading seemed to count against him. Did a fantastic job at Kilmarnock.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:59 pm Anyone ever get tired of constantly griping about the manager?
Clearly not,,,, round we go again
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:17 pm I wouldnt bet on that - I know he went into the U21s dressing room after a game and said well played today but it wont matter anyway cos you wont get picked for the 1st team squad no matter how well you play

agent of one of the players told me that about 6 months ago
No manager in the world would ever say that, that makes zero sense unless he’s trying to f*** the place from the inside
Takeiteasy
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 685 likes

Post by Takeiteasy »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:20 pm Its the same old negative spiel every single day.
Yes, it gets dull when someone repeats the same “spiel” everyday, doesn’t it? :eyes:
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Takeiteasy wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:09 pm Yes, it gets dull when someone repeats the same “spiel” everyday, doesn’t it? :eyes:
:oops: :wink:
Yodi
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 142 likes

Post by Yodi »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:17 pm I wouldnt bet on that - I know he went into the U21s dressing room after a game and said well played today but it wont matter anyway cos you wont get picked for the 1st team squad no matter how well you play

This is almost certainly bollox.... Or phrased in a completely different way to provide a different meaning in the context it was said.... Or maybe the kid is fairly thick and didn't understand what he said

Or it the agent causing trouble

So many more logical explanations than it actually being true
CarltonColesLeftFoot
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by CarltonColesLeftFoot »

Yodi wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:35 pm This is almost certainly bollox.... Or phrased in a completely different way to provide a different meaning in the context it was said.... Or maybe the kid is fairly thick and didn't understand what he said

Nope, its true. I heard that he got our best performers dog brought into the dressing room (6 month old spaniel puppy) and kicked it around the dressing room and said "Don't you dare threaten to take minutes away from my precious Soucek"

Billy Bonds tried to break it up and he said "I dont even know who you are, laddy" and then went home singing auld lang syne.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2722 likes
Total likes: 1755 likes

Post by DublinDave »

CarltonColesLeftFoot wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:59 pm Nope, its true. I heard that he got our best performers dog brought into the dressing room (6 month old spaniel puppy) and kicked it around the dressing room and said "Don't you dare threaten to take minutes away from my precious Soucek"

Billy Bonds tried to break it up and he said "I dont even know who you are, laddy" and then went home singing auld lang syne.
Now THAT I believe...
(Except the part about him singing on the wat home).
DublinDave
Has liked: 2722 likes
Total likes: 1755 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Yodi wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:35 pm This is almost certainly bollox.... Or phrased in a completely different way to provide a different meaning in the context it was said.... Or maybe the kid is fairly thick and didn't understand what he said

I would be more likely to believe.
Privately, Moyes told Ashby & his agent that if he wasn't going to sign the contract that was offered, he wouldn't bother putting him in the first team because he'd rather give minutes to young players that are willing to show commitment to the club & are willing to graft before getting the big boy money.
Agent twists story into it being said to the whole U21 squad because, that's what suits his agenda.
Is it just me or is this far, far more likely..?
Moyes goes to loads of U21 games, in fact, it was one of the reasons I got on the bandwagon initially.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:20 pm Its the same old negative spiel every single day. Hardly the well of unbounding optimism is it? Only ever see negatives.
That is a consequence of being in the relegation zone having spent a fortune on players. Our league form has been poor for longer than just this season.

If someone is coming on here to say how things are all rainbows and sparkles then they probably need their head looking at.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

facts are we have been poor for well over a year and deservedly sit in the relegation zone. other threatened teams have a go and show fighting spirit which is all you can do and what we as fans want from WHU. moyes seems to suck the life out of all of them.
he has mishandled rice and played him wrongly. he is the best DM in the country and yet moyes doesnt get him to play that way. consequently rice ends up in no mans land and less effective.
we have spent 170m and moyes has made us worse; takes some doing.

It is good to hear that the players are unhappy because whatever moyes is getting them to do these past 12 months it is not working.
you cant use the excuse of the ECL as the teams we have played have been poor and are bottom 8 PL standard at best.

moyes should have been sacked at the WC break. sullivan is too tight to do that so we continue to drift towards relegation.

no one expects us to be top 4 but we should be better than bottom 3.

moyes plays negative cautious football that is awful to watch.

when did we last outclass a team. forest we beat 4-0 but we had some luck and were even for a long period of the match.

we are awful under moyes who has been found out with his old style everton tactics.

I hope he goes in the summer as I cant stand another season of truly awful performances whether its in the chAMPIONSHIP OR NOT !
Gazmundo
Has liked: 286 likes
Total likes: 425 likes

Post by Gazmundo »

MB wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:55 pm TBH everything I've read about the good ones tends to suggest they are arseholes, nuts or both! There is nearly always a middleman either in the coaching staff or a player.

Not sure caring sharing managers last that long...
Agreed. It amazes me how so many fans just assume that it's the players who are the victims and are being mistreated by the manager. The reality is that managers and players have very few direct one to one conversations these days. Most elite PL players are soft spoilt arseholes with entourages who can't handle criticism and leak their moans and groans through their agents.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

You honestly believe that Moyes said those very exact words and nothing else, no context, or anything, all as perfectly regaled by an agent, who has no hint of bias or motive? Surprised Moyes didn't also wave a wad of cash at the kids, sticking up two fingers at each of them, saying here's what you'll never earn.
Shy Ted
Has liked: 451 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

From BBC gossip page:

Former Spain boss Luis Enrique, 52, says he would like to manage in the Premier League with a team that is able to do "important things".

Thats him of any list then.

:hamm:
Gazmundo
Has liked: 286 likes
Total likes: 425 likes

Post by Gazmundo »

steveyrockstar wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:17 am You honestly believe that Moyes said those very exact words and nothing else, no context, or anything, all as perfectly regaled by an agent, who has no hint of bias or motive? Surprised Moyes didn't also wave a wad of cash at the kids, sticking up two fingers at each of them, saying here's what you'll never earn.
Clearly b*llocks. It wouldn't surprise me if the words Moyes used were nothing like what has been quoted. Probably a bitter player who couldn't handle a bit of constructive criticism. Mubama came out and thanked Moyes in the Larnaca post match interview but I guess that doesn't fit with many people's narrative.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

steveyrockstar wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:17 am You honestly believe that Moyes said those very exact words and nothing else, no context, or anything, all as perfectly regaled by an agent, who has no hint of bias or motive? Surprised Moyes didn't also wave a wad of cash at the kids, sticking up two fingers at each of them, saying here's what you'll never earn.
I think the comment was referring to Nolan saying that, not Moyes - suggesting that Nolan was not in agreement with Moyes about stuff, and thus he could be the reported 'mole' from the podcast video
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

I was sure the original comment said Nolan said it too. Nobody said it was gospel either, just another thing to ignore or take with a pinch of salt. Not sure why a few are so overly defensive of a bloke that treats us with more disdain by the week
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

So the claim is that it was something Nolan told one of the kids as a dig at Moyes?

I only saw the post that alleged what had been said. I presumed it was referring to something Moyes had told kids directly, which a manager would never say, not without some greater context.

A good example of how misinformation can easily spread.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

steveyrockstar wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:51 pm So the claim is that it was something Nolan told one of the kids as a dig at Moyes?

I only saw the post that alleged what had been said. I presumed it was referring to something Moyes had told kids directly, which a manager would never say, not without some greater context.

A good example of how misinformation can easily spread.
Yes
i posted that i dond't think the mole could be Nolan and then whoever posted that story replied to that saying it could be because he had heard xyz

if the claims that the coaching staff don't like Moyes are true, then it would fit that narrative - even if said in 'jest' and a flippant comment on the state of the situation rather than a explicit dig at moyes specifically