David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Takeiteasy
Has liked: 2071 likes
Total likes: 689 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Takeiteasy »

Colours never run wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:47 pm Imagine being a hypocrite spending your Sunday night responding to the same topic as others. Each to their own, I suppose...
Takes a few seconds to write a post. How long have you spent trawling through their history books?
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Tezza65 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:51 pm At least he does his homework..Where's yours?
What am I meant to have done homework on?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Tezza65 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:51 pm At least he does his homework..Where's yours?
The clue's in the name. Far too relaxed and lazy when debating if you ask me.
D C
Has liked: 1125 likes
Total likes: 1473 likes

Post by D C »

Man U have been run terribly but he still failed and was their worst coach since Fergie left (not including interim’s and caretaker) with arguably the best squad out of them. But even Moyes’ supporters must know that he’s not a top coach good enough for a top club, it’s not really relevant to whether he’s good enough for us
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Colours never run wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:53 pm The clue's in the name. Far too relaxed and lazy when debating if you ask me.
Am I meant to take offence to that or something? What an odd thing to say.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Takeiteasy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:52 pm Takes a few seconds to write a post. How long have you spent trawling through their history books?
No time wasted when it's all at a touch of a button. No "trawling" at all.
Colours never run

Takeiteasy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:54 pm Am I meant to take offence to that or something? What an odd thing to say.
It wasn't meant to be offensive, lighten up, it's Sunday after all.
D C
Has liked: 1125 likes
Total likes: 1473 likes

Post by D C »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:57 pm And still the squad had gone stale, decent in the league in SFA's final season, but dropped out in all three cup competitions quickly. Apart from van Persie no significant signings and the way they dotched the Thiago deal when Moyes came in was telling.
That wasn’t unusual for them though Fergie was never great in the cups. The squad was in decline but to go from champions by 11 points to 7th in one season? Let’s not pretend Moyes was exempt from blame
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Colours never run wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:57 pm It wasn't meant to be offensive, lighten up, it's Sunday after all.
Oh it was meant to be funny?

Righto.

Ha.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1951 likes
Total likes: 603 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

Takeiteasy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:52 pm What am I meant to have done homework on?
Being boring :winker:

Tbh,Yu don't write much.I know you love Moyes,because you like all the Moyes in posts.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

billtho wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:44 pm Sorry IB,not meaning to pull you up but he took his own coaching team in there and got rid of Fergusons top three coaches.
He got rid of Mick whatever his name was but Muelsteen turned down a job as he felt he should have replaced Fergie.

Fact is, it was an old squad that had been run down over the years. It’s why Ferguson decided to quit while ahead with the title win.
Tezza65

Post by Tezza65 »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:01 pm He got rid of Mick whatever his name was but Muelsteen turned down a job as he felt he should have replaced Fergie.

Fact is, it was an old squad that had been run down over the years. It’s why Ferguson decided to quit while ahead with the title win.
The average Age was 26..Our squad is 30(oldest in Pl),so is relatively young IB.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Colours never run wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:32 pm That Title winning Squad with an average age of 26 had gone stale within a space of weeks?

It boasted:

De Gea 22
Vidic 31
Evans 25
Smalling 23
Ferdinand 34
Valencia 27
Young 27
Carrick 31
Rooney 27
Van Persie 29
Mata 25
Hernandez 25
Zaha 20
Welbeck 22
Evra 32
Nani 26
Lingard 20

That Squad was littered with quality, most of a decent age under 30, regardless of new signings and Ferguson proved it by getting them all to score the most in the League, as well as win the most amount of points, winning by 11 points ahead of Man City. Stale I definitely wouldn't call that talented squad.

When Moyes managed them, they dropped from the top spot down to 7th like a stone, finishing below Everton and Spurs losing 12 times.

If 7th is the best you can achieve with that successful winning side scoring 22 less goals with all that attacking talent, then you are seriously failing as a manager.
Mata?!? The bloke Moyes signed the following January in a bid to arrest the decline?

I find it weird you list Zaha, technically the first signing u under Moyes who barely started and Lingard but fail to mention Januzaj, who actually was a mini sensation that season.

And Van Persie went back to being Mr Crock and he had been their best player the previous season.
Last edited by Ironing Board on Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Tezza65 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:59 pm Being boring :winker:
You could help me out there then. :thup:
Tezza65 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:59 pm Tbh,Yu don't write much.I know you love Moyes,because you like all the Moyes in posts.
This is part of the (or your) issue. You feel the need to pidgeon hole people if they don’t agree with something you’ve said.

There is plenty of middle ground between being in love with Moyes and being staunchly “Moyes Out”.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3051 likes
Total likes: 2693 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

D C wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:58 pm Let’s not pretend Moyes was exempt from blame
I'm not saying that. In hinsight Moyes made several key mistakes during his time at Old Trafford. Didn't read the room well in terms of his staff, the squad he had taken over from Sir Alex.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:07 pm I'm not saying that. In hinsight Moyes made several key mistakes during his time at Old Trafford. Didn't read the room well in terms of his staff, the squad he had taken over from Sir Alex.
Biggest mistake was taking the job.
Tezza65

Post by Tezza65 »

Takeiteasy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:05 pm You could help me out there then. :thup:

This is part of the (or your) issue. You feel the need to pidgeon hole people if they don’t agree with something you’ve said.

There is plenty of middle ground between being in love with Moyes and being staunchly “Moyes Out”.
Tbh Takeiteasy,I have never really heard your proper views.I have just seeing you like all the Moyes In posts.

Why are you happy with Moyes,even though we have been poor for a year?

Do you think we can't get any better because of who owns the club?I do think that many think that on here and that's why they are happy for Moyes to stay.To a point,I can understand where they are coming from.

I just think the football is dreadful.I do think we lack pace(that's down to Moyes,his had plenty of time to address the situation),but we do have talent there.I just think his a stubborn man,whose not prepared to change anything and that's why I think we need a change.
simon hammer
Has liked: 994 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Takeiteasy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:05 pm

On one side there's the Moyes Out lot, dug into their trench behind their barbed wire, guns keenly trained on the enemy.

On the other side there's the Moyes In lot, dug into their trench behind their barbed wire, guns keenly trained on the enemy.

In the middle there's one poor soul with a megaphone doing their best Jack Nicholson impression:

"Can't we all just get along?"
Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy »

Tezza65 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:16 pm Tbh Takeiteasy,I have never really heard your proper views.I have just seeing you like all the Moyes In posts.
You have. We have had actual debates on here. I don’t know why you are so obsessed with what other posters like? I like plenty of posts on both sides of the debate, because like I keep saying, there is middle ground. You/we don’t have to pick one “side” and staunchly defend it.
Tezza65 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:16 pm Why are you happy with Moyes,even though we have been poor for a year?
Where have I said I am happy with Moyes? Again, you’re presuming I am staunchly pro-Moyes purely because I haven’t “liked” your post.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Tezza65 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:03 pm The average Age was 26..Our squad is 30(oldest in Pl),so is relatively young IB.
The key members were all past it. You may remember desperate moves like bringing Scholes out of retirement. The Rio-Vidic partnership was done, Evra was finished at right back but they had no one to replace him.

Go back and look at their Champions League results in their last few years under Ferguson to see how badly they declined. They replaced Ronaldo with free transfer Michael Owen!