David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Puff Daddy »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:55 pm Of course, there will be concerns, but that does not necessarily mean that the board will not continue to support Moyes. His tenure will 100% be down to Gold and Sullivan, not Krenitsky. He will have at a minimum, until the WC break and perhaps longer if we are still above say 16th and in the cups.
No Kretinsky is the second biggest shareholders there now but what we don't know is his tolerance levels. What we do know, however, is he funded the summer spend
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5671 likes
Total likes: 3093 likes

Post by MB »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:54 pm It isn't a new thing
He has always set his teams up in a pragmatic way with attacking style influenced by defensive concerns
True, but there are degrees of pragmatism and we are at the far end of the scale currently.

I'm not expecting him to go against his nature; just temper it a bit with more attacking intent like we had before.
Diogenes
Has liked: 477 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:01 pm No Kretinsky is the second biggest shareholders there now but what we don't know is his tolerance levels. What we do know, however, is he funded the summer spend
No. Gold & Sullivan hold the most shares between them.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:05 pm No. Gold & Sullivan hold the most shares between them.
Yes! But Kretinsky is the second biggest shareholder and
but what we don't know iswhat side if the fence Sully is on
irving boleyn
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

[
but what we don't know is what side of the fence Sully is on
[/quote]

Don't be rude about his height....
Gazmundo
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 454 likes

Post by Gazmundo »

Manager got the big calls right today. Scamacca & Dawson in, Kehrer at RB and going against the crowd by keeping Soucek & Bowen in the side. Encouraging signs.
Last edited by Gazmundo on Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 4738 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Bowen really owed the manager that performance.
Roby
Total likes: 264 likes

Post by Roby »

Big win for us today and I’m really pleased for Moyes that he got it.

Already doing well in Europe and just hope that we can slowly climb up the table and keep the pressure off him.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Gazmundo wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:02 pm Manager got the big calls right today. Scamacca & Dawson in, Kehrer at RB and going against the crowd by keeping Soucek & Bowen in the side. Encouraging signs.
If only he didn't put Fornals on the left again :grin:

Just got to get Emerson and Areola in the team now.
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by e20too »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:05 pm No. Gold & Sullivan hold the most shares between them.
Oh please Sullivan-1 Kretinsky-2 Gold-3. So who is the second biggest shareholder ? It’s not rocket science. Why are we arguing over such simple facts.

The rest is still speculation but most of the spend would indeed be from Kretinsky almost certainly. Certainly therefore if so, it means he has agreed to fulfil the proposal to become the majority shareholder, signed contracts to that end to become the de facto owner of the club at the time of releasing those funds. Timing is the only question defined in those contracts sometime obviously after March. If that is indeed the case then any important decision at the club would need his support for obvious reasons as the handover takes place as it’s his assets that are at stake. Puff is absolutely correct in the underlying basics.
Pete647580
Has liked: 1212 likes
Total likes: 587 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Yesterday's game made me wonder whether so much of our anguished handwringing over the last few months hasn't been caused by the fact that Dawson wasn't available.

When he's there, everything clicks into place. A back four which looks more solid and organised, instead of the wingback approach which doesn't seem to have come off. Kehrer at right back gives much better service to Bowen.

I thought the team looked far more comfortable and cohesive yesterday. Dawson was my HOTY last season. He's absolutely central to this team imo.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

Well done to the gaffer good decisions that got us a win
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1380 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

A brave decision to go with Kehrer on right. Even braver to stick with Soucek which I was concerned about.

I think normal service has hopefully resumed and some confidence will also return.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

Glad he read Kumb to see the calls for Kehrer at RB.
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

S-H wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:42 am Glad he read Kumb to see the calls for Kehrer at RB.
Nothing to do with kehrer starting at right back for Germany the other night then??
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

rossmundo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:51 am Nothing to do with kehrer starting at right back for Germany the other night then??
Absolutely not.

Nope.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Better from him. Keep it up David.

I only managed to see the second half, but I couldn't help but notice that we seemed more organised and more disciplined and had a much better shape - like the players actually knew what they were supposed to be doing.

It wasn't perfect by any means, but it's green shoots - but then again, the same could be said for when we played Villa - so hopefully we can carry that over to Fulham. Of course, we have a Conference League game before hand, but he won't be playing the PL XI in that - so onwards and upwards.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4275 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Still defending far too much and far too deep for me. 28 clearances to their 6 is probably the stat from yesterday that highlights it most.

I noticed that Bowen said post-match that we knew we'd suffer without the ball. I would like us to advance to a place where we don't have that viewpoint going into every game.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:56 am Still defending far too much and far too deep for me. 28 clearances to their 6 is probably the stat from yesterday that highlights it most.

I noticed that Bowen said post-match that we knew we'd suffer without the ball. I would like us to advance to a place where we don't have that viewpoint going into every game.
Said it a few weeks ago, reckon it’ll be pretty attritional from us for a while why he tries to get us up the league
Ethanadict
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Ethanadict »

Kehrer wasn’t perfect at RB yesterday as he got beaten a couple of times, but Wolves wingers are very skilful and pacey and it’s where they always pose the biggest threat. All in all, Kehrer’s game was decent with some great distribution and I’d be happy to see him as a regular starter as I think he’s class act. Well done to Moyes for selecting him.

Soucek was my personal MOTM yesterday and rightly singled out for praise by Moyes. He broke up so much of Wolves play and made some crucial interventions. We all love Declan but his partner in crime was the better of the two yesterday. Great to see him back in form.

I felt Moyes was asking for patience in his post match interview yesterday, which is understandable. The reminder that Scamacca has been ill for two weeks is fair when we’ve only played 8 games and he is still young and trying to get used to the pace of the Premier League. I think playing a combination of him and Antonio, keeping them both fit, is progressively going to give defences a lot of headaches this season.

It’s a similar story for Paquetà who joined us very late in the window. He’s not quite there yet on fitness but there are glimpses of real quality. Let’s give Moyes some credit for persevering with him to keep giving him game time. For a manager who hates people giving the ball away, he’s allowing him more license than I thought he would.

I thought the team selected yesterday was both brave and inspirational, risking starting a few newbies like Scamacca, Cornet and Paquetà, while backing the likes of Dawson, Bowen and Soucek.