David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Only one man with the skillset to save us now lads.

Moyes' West Ham stats
Games 31
Won 9
Drawn 10
Lost 12
Win rate 29%
Discobar

Re: David Moyes: should he stay or should he go? [POLL]

Post by Discobar »

We are so ****ed
Mikloskosglovebag
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

Comon the Moyes
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

He'll play 3 at the back, which we are perfectly set up for now in terms of our squad.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

JonG86 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:32 am He'll play 3 at the back, which we are perfectly set up for now in terms of our squad.
you mean 9 at the back?
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:49 am you mean 9 at the back?
With the way we play at the moment, it wouldn't hurt...
Condorhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Condorhammer »

JonG86 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:49 am With the way we play at the moment, it wouldn't hurt...
With the way we’re playing at the moment I doubt it’d make a difference.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Stay away, please?
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:48 am Only one man with the skillset to save us now lads.

Moyes' West Ham stats
Games 31
Won 9
Drawn 10
Lost 12
Win rate 29%
In the 10 League defeats of the 12

we let in 4 in 5 of the games
3 in 3 others
2 in the other 2

33 conceded in those 10 defeats

How can they go back to a bloke they got shot of to get in the Next Level manager

Hi Dave we were wrong please save us,how much and how long this time ?
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by neathiron »

Glad to have him back, he deserved more time here originally. I know a few on here said the football was diabolical at times but that's part of the West Ham DNA whichever manager we've had in our history. It can't be worse than the dross we've had to put up with this season surely. At least I know now that we have a manager who will get the players fit, and will give them a good bollocking if they're not pulling their weight. Our players have been strolling around, stealing a living for far too long.
We've got a manager who actually cares if results don't go his way, and will work tirelessly to get things right given the chance. Not f*** off to the golf course, and try to blank everything out like Pellegrini has been doing most of his time here.
You never know, he might get Anderson interested and enjoying his football again.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

S-H wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:26 am Stay away, please?
Personally I can’t wait for his dead eyed stare in the photo shoot as he holds up our rubbish home shirt.

Maybe the club will try to save money so that he can sign another Hugill and just photoshop it on the 2017 one
whuzak

Post by whuzak »

Next level champions league football here we come!

#moyesoursaviour
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

JonG86 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:32 am He'll play 3 at the back, which we are perfectly set up for now in terms of our squad.
Three at the back! Ha ha
Five at the back with wing backs not crossing the half way line

Rice, Noble and probably Snodgrass in front

Two attacking players. One tasked with chasing the long balls, the other with getting up to support him

Oh what joy
This is the man who played Kouyate as a number 10 to help give knockdowns to Arnoutovuc

Decent bloke, **** of a manager
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2639 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:38 am

Pellegrini would be a disaster imo. It's not the right role for him. Would struggle at WHU.

Benitez, is the pick. Again we hear this 'Next Level' sh*t churned out. If Sullivan means it, appoint RB.
Cardiff called it right .

Me , I thought we were going to the Champions League ......just like my dreams .....
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Re: David Moyes

Post by aaronhammer »

Pellegrini last 27 league games at West Ham
W 9
D 5
L 13
GF 36
GA 44
GD -8
Pts 32

Moyes 27 league games in 2017/18 at West Ham
W 8
D 9
L 10
GF 37
GA 45
GD -8
Pts 33

#NextLevel
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by neathiron »

Our fans are forgetting the major plus point about having Moyes back. Think back to that incident regarding him and that female journalist where he offered to give her a slap. Just think how much having him back is gonna make Karren squirm and make her uncomfortable, seeing as she champions women's rights in her newspaper column. Oh, hang on, I forgot, she's a ****ing hypocrite isn't she!
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Prob »

Gold Sullivan and Brady need to go
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:30 am Cardiff called it right .
Hello TOMOS.

Firstly, I'm saddened it didn't work out for Pellegrini. The bloke is an utter gentleman but something wasn't right in the West Ham camp. We had to make the change now or very likely we would have ended up in bottom 3 come the end of the season. We did play at times some really nice, expansive football & hopefully we continue with that mindset. The whole bringing a man back from China (in retirement mode) was all wrong, & maybe that means Benitez is crossed off the list. (Still think he's a top Manager but maybe his passion for the game is gone, ie after more financial security than turning a clubs fortunes around).
Hammered in Singapore wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:54 am I’d offer Eddie Howe a lot of £££’s and give him a 5 year free reign . Make that part of his contract. Let him build a side and give him time to do so. We haven’t thought long term since our Lyall days. Time to start now. If only eh!
I'm in probably the minority, but I think Howe would be a disaster at West Ham. Not doubting his ability but he seems he eats, drinks & sleeps Bournemouth. I could see after a few weeks, a few dicey results & the club calls a emergency press conference....Howe tells us, teary eyed 'he has made a terrible error, needs to quit WHU with immediate effect'. I agree however with your main point, if Moyes gets the job, we need to have someone in 3-4 years time ready to take the club on....

Onto Moyes. I thought he did a decent job last time. Solid 7/10. Yes, some of the matches were terrible, paint drying sh*t :asleep: but I thought towards the end of his reign we played some decent stuff. The Huddersfield 1-4 win up there & Stoke 0-3 win, 0-2 at Leicester & 3-0 win vs Southampton we played some really nice stuff. What we all have to give him credit for he does bring professionalism to a club, gets the players a lot fitter & gets the very best out of players. e.g. Noble, Masuaku & especially Arnautović who were on fire when Moyes was at the club.

Let's give him a chance, a fair go of it, but also as I said above have on eye on bringing a younger Manager on to take over from Moyes. Scott Parker or a Rio Ferdinand would be good.
Last edited by Cardiff here we come..... on Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Remember what happened last time Moyes was appointed.

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

David Moyes: should he stay or should he go? [POLL]

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Masuaku enjoyed his best little spell under Moyes - and he did get forward.

Moyes came on a short term contract with a single goal - avoid relegation. He achieved that. It wasn't his fault that the board gave him that target.

He came and saw that we had a team that was hopeless at defending, had a midfield that the opposition bypassed at will, and a squad devoid of any decent level of fitness. In the short amount of time he had, these were the things he had to target in order to steer away from relegation.

It wasn't always pretty but going back to basics was something that was required at the time. Once that's sorted then you continue building on that. Whether he'd have done that... the simple fact is we don't know because we didn't give him a contract. It would have been interesting to see who he'd have brought in.

I think I voted for him to be given a contract. It wasn't just Moyes I voted for, it was his entire coaching staff. We may not have turned into world beaters but I think he'd have built us into a side to be respected instead of the one that's ridiculed at the moment.

At the end of the day, with the owners we have, bringing in big names is always going to end in tears. The problem with our reduced second season budget isn't going to disappear until they do, so we need a manager who can work with that. That may be depressing but unfortunately, that's where we are. We're a circus at the moment, and truly rubbish from top to bottom.