David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Daytonahammer
Has liked: 103 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Daytonahammer »

One of the things that Moyes had said that makes no sense to me is that Scammacca needs to earn his spot because we have to change how we play in order to use him. So, what is that way? And how do we implement it? I really hope this is not Haller/Hernandez part 2. The other thing is this whole "match fit" bollox. Every professional player that is not injured should be "match fit" at the start of the season. I know you got bed in players carefully from different leagues but this "match fit" sh*te is blowing my mind.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3049 likes

Post by MB »

With the good comes the bad…

Moyes is a very good manager, but he is stubborn and loyal to certain players.

I get the frustration, but we know what he is like by now. He has earned time to fix things, but I think this is shaping up to be. the difficult season where we need to support him. I hope we have the collective patience for what’s to come.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1932 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:06 pm They also drew a blank on the score sheet, what's so admirable about that?
Did you see the game?

Newcastle's keeper Pope had a magnificent game.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1932 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

OFT wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:10 pm That's where I am too, and I'm hoping we get back to something approaching our recent best because (a) it was fun, (b) Moyes has earned the right to time, and (c) Gawd knows what the owners would deem a suitable replacement.
Here's already at the club,our Assistant Manager Mark Warburton.
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

MB wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:11 pm With the good comes the bad…

Moyes is a very good manager, but he is stubborn and loyal to certain players.

I get the frustration, but we know what he is like by now. He has earned time to fix things, but I think this is shaping up to be. the difficult season where we need to support him. I hope we have the collective patience for what’s to come.
I agree to an extent, especially with "Patience needed". However, apart from a couple of (Arguably lucky/risky buys) transfers, who has he bought in to actually make an immediate impact?
Tin hat on obviously, but I've been a supporter for long enough to fear (And have a hunch) that this could be a long, hard season. I hope I'm wrong of course, but my knowing West Ham, I won a few (Emphasise few) quid today by bets on the game. Sadly, despite all the 4 nil predictions from the, "West Ham are Massive" brigade, I was genuinly sad to be right today.
Hats off (Or maybe should've been on) to the travelling fans today. I was melting/sweating/knackered just watching at home!
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1935 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:37 pm No plan B today.

Got the substitution wrong. Shouldn't have been Lanzini on.

We should have gone 433
Downes on for three in midfield you think? I'd have brought Cornet on much, much earlier personally.
Bubbles Fortuna

Tezza65 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:21 pm Did you see the game?

Newcastle's keeper Pope had a magnificent game.
Every goalkeeper seems to against Brighton.

Pope is superb mind.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3049 likes

Post by MB »

I agree. I had a feeling just after we hit the woodwork for the second time. It felt like the piper had come a calling and wanted paying for the last two seasons.

I know DL mentioned it in the match thread as well. Something feels off. I have some ideas, but it is too earlier to speculate. It just feels like a start of one of those West Ham seasons and I don't like it.

But whatever happens Moyes gets a lot of leeway from me. I think he is going to need it to turn this ship around.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2438 likes
Total likes: 4295 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Moyes could not wait to put Lingard or Zouma in the team. Straight in. No stuff about match fitness, adjusting our playing style etc. It's the kind of thing a manager does when he really rates/wants a player.

If he doesn't, he'll find reasons not to play them.

A lot of our signings very quickly find themselves out of the team if they ever get in it in the first place.
painter pete
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by painter pete »

Tezza65 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:23 pm Here's already at the club,our Assistant Manager Mark Warburton.
Would be one of those intrem till the end of the season jobs. I've no problem with Moyes, but he does have difficulty inducting new players to the first 11. Same at Everton. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Problem is it looks broken
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

painter pete wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:18 pm I've no problem with Moyes, but he does have difficulty inducting new players to the first 11. Same at Everton. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
That’s just utter nonsense. He inherited an old team at Everton and rebuilt it numerous times on a shoestring.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

painter pete wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:18 pm Would be one of those intrem till the end of the season jobs. I've no problem with Moyes, but he does have difficulty inducting new players to the first 11. Same at Everton. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Problem is it looks broken
Moyes is a frugal manager. When I suggested before the game that our lineup would feature Scamacca and perhaps Cornet I swear I had a gut feeling that nothing would actually change, and so it transpired.

Moyes has old fashioned values which include hard work, loyalty and not being wasteful. In the modern game these traits are both his greatest asset and his biggest failing. We as fans will have to take the rough with the smooth in this regard. I don’t think he is suddenly going to change into a risk taker, and lets be honest, his approach is working for him….so far.
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:48 pm That’s just utter nonsense. He inherited an old team at Everton and rebuilt it numerous times on a shoestring.
Sadly, times, Management and the Premier League have moved on a great deal since he managed them. It must be what? Nearly a decade since!!!
painter pete

Post by painter pete »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:48 pm That’s just utter nonsense. He inherited an old team at Everton and rebuilt it numerous times on a shoestring.
Over 11 years of course he did. Still took time integrating the majority of his signings. He's old school.
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

Moyes will sort it out. Everything he does is slow. He knows the team's failings. I have every confidence we'll kick in soon.
Back in the day I always thought Everton started slow but ended strong. Always thought they could have done a lot better if they were in gear right from the start. I think we have a good team and some good new players. No worries, it's a transitional time. Anyone calling for his head is a crazy imo.
Just had a look at Hammerschat forum, some are referring to him as a 'Scots ****' and calling for Potter! Crikey, now I remember why I've only been on that forum three times in it's lifetime.
painter pete

Post by painter pete »

duncanio wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:15 am Moyes will sort it out. Everything he does is slow. He knows the team's failings. I have every confidence we'll kick in soon.
Back in the day I always thought Everton started slow but ended strong. Always thought they could have done a lot better if they were in gear right from the start. I think we have a good team and some good new players. No worries, it's a transitional time. Anyone calling for his head is a crazy imo.
Just had a look at Hammerschat forum, some are referring to him as a 'Scots ****' and calling for Potter! Crikey, now I remember why I've only been on that forum three times in it's lifetime.
Anyone calling for Potter might as well give Curbishley a call and save the buy out fee. Boring as fook
duncanio

Post by duncanio »

Tezza65 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:23 pm Here's already at the club,our Assistant Manager Mark Warburton.
Hnmm, what a difference since he's been here!
duncanio

Post by duncanio »

painter pete wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:19 am Anyone calling for Potter might as well give Curbishley a call and save the buy out fee. Boring as fook
Agree, can't stand the bloke or his crappy football. The Notts Forest manager is the only one in the Prem that I find more annoying and that has nothing to do with Sunday's result.
Bubbles Fortuna

painter pete wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:19 am Anyone calling for Potter might as well give Curbishley a call and save the buy out fee. Boring as fook
There's a few on here calling for Potter...
Kermit
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 321 likes

Post by Kermit »

MB wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:04 pm I agree. I had a feeling just after we hit the woodwork for the second time. It felt like the piper had come a calling and wanted paying for the last two seasons.

I know DL mentioned it in the match thread as well. Something feels off. I have some ideas, but it is too earlier to speculate. It just feels like a start of one of those West Ham seasons and I don't like it.

But whatever happens Moyes gets a lot of leeway from me. I think he is going to need it to turn this ship around.
I know exactly how you feel. Oddly similar to our second game of the 02/03 season. After a decent first Roeder season our first home game was against Arsenal. If I remember correctly we went 2-0 up, missed a penalty which would have made it 3-0 but eventually had to settle for a 2-2 draw. The rest, as they say, is history.

It's an irrational feeling I know but I have absolutely no optimism this season. I think our style has been well and truly sussed and our lack of an apparent Plan B will come back to bit us on the arse. We were unlucky against Forest but that's not to say we were good. They look a relegation outfit in waiting and imo 12 months ago we would have won that game by 4 or 5. We need to address the overall form of the team which has been poor since December last year.