David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by bubbles1966 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:56 pm And people who have watched him far more than you have a different opinion.
I'm sure they watched Vlasic and Kral more than I did too.

Kudos to them on their expertise.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

-DL- wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:04 pm I'm moderating you - by doing that has no baring on my opinion to his post - I took issue just the dog-**** emoji only reply that you frequently use as if your football knowledge and intelligence is on a higher plain.

Agree or disagree with him, but use words. You're not five years old, despite you often coming across that way.
Fair enough. But sometimes an opinion is so egregious that the best thing to do is have a chuckle about it. I mean, slating the manager after losing a preseason friendly and in the middle of the transfer window?

And my football knowledge is certainly not on a higher plane to anyone else, but some people seem to think they know more about the sport than a guy who has been managing for nigh on quarter of a century.

And you certainly seem much ruder and more condescending than I do. Not sure if that's intentional or not mind.
Last edited by Ironing Board on Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4275 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:12 am I'm sure they watched Vlasic and Kral more than I did too.

Kudos to them on their expertise.
Not just talking about people at West Ham.

But I see your confirmation bias was at work during those twenty minutes earlier, so crack on.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Moyes: “It’s not like us to defend the way we did.’’

https://www.whufc.com/news/moyes-ranger ... us-tonight

Christ knows what team he was watching last season.
FionnMac
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by FionnMac »

-DL- wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:04 pm I'm moderating you - by doing that has no baring on my opinion to his post - I took issue just the dog-**** emoji only reply that you frequently use as if your football knowledge and intelligence is on a higher plain.

Agree or disagree with him, but use words. You're not five years old, despite you often coming across that way.
Ban him please if he continues. As an infrequent poster but regular reader, IB is one of the more tedious and annoying posters on here
CarltonColesLeftFoot
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 318 likes

Post by CarltonColesLeftFoot »

FionnMac wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:50 am Ban him please if he continues. As an infrequent poster but regular reader, IB is one of the more tedious and annoying posters on here
Imaging waving an imaginary red card around on an internet forum.
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

Moyes hasn’t been helping himself since the latter stages of last season. He is constantly complaining about our defending, the chances we’re missing and the goals we’re conceding. And yet then picks the exact same starting 11 the following week. It’s the definition of insanity.

He is far too loyal to certain players in the squad right now who have been letting him down for quite some time.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1990 likes
Total likes: 4736 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

funky chicken wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:22 am Moyes hasn’t been helping himself since the latter stages of last season. He is constantly complaining about our defending, the chances we’re missing and the goals we’re conceding. And yet then picks the exact same starting 11 the following week. It’s the definition of insanity.

He is far too loyal to certain players in the squad right now who have been letting him down for quite some time.
We've literally signed a new £30m defender to help and are being linked to LBs :eh:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:24 am
And you certainly seem much ruder and more condescending than I do. Not sure if that's intentional or not mind.
That's because you like to be a bit of a victim that doesn't like being pulled when you carry yourself around on here like a twonk, dragging threads off topic, and being rude and condescending to other posters, so I speak, metaphorically, as I find.

Perhaps if you were to look a bit at the way you are on here to others, maybe you'd have a modicum of understanding why myself, and I suspect most - if not all - of the other mods, have been pretty fed up with you ever since you decide to join this forum.

You're welcome to go elsewhere if you don't like the way you're moderated.

That's the end of discussion, and any further comments from you will be ignored, deleted, or both.
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:14 am We've literally signed a new £30m defender to help and are being linked to LBs :eh:
Oh that’s alright then. Being ‘linked’ to LBs will make all the difference! :D Never mind signing one.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1990 likes
Total likes: 4736 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

funky chicken wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:00 am Oh that’s alright then. Being ‘linked’ to LBs will make all the difference! :D Never mind signing one.
Certainly puts a dampener on your claim that the manager is doing nothing to work on the defence though.
Long Shot
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Long Shot »

"Getting them in at the moment is seeming quite difficult but by watching what I’ve seen in the opening games we need to add very quickly to the squad of players we’ve got."

Reading between the lines (I know) but I reckon he's still grumpy about the last game of the season when we were so meek against Brighton - I know I still am Headbanger
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:05 am Certainly puts a dampener on your claim that the manager is doing nothing to work on the defence though.
Far from it.

Did he or did he not persevere with Fabianski and Cresswell week after week in the League last season?

Has he or has he not played Fabianski in 1.5 of the last 2 games of pre-season, despite Areola now being available?

Did he or did he not make Cresswell play the full game against Rangers last night and 30 minutes against Reading? 4 goals were conceded in those minutes he was on the pitch.

Even before we make any more additions we still have options. Areola for Fab, Johnson for Cresswell. He for some unknown reason has decided to leave as is.

One thing’s for sure. We won’t be going forwards until he does do something about it.
Long Shot wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:17 am "Getting them in at the moment is seeming quite difficult but by watching what I’ve seen in the opening games we need to add very quickly to the squad of players we’ve got."

Reading between the lines (I know) but I reckon he's still grumpy about the last game of the season when we were so meek against Brighton - I know I still am Headbanger
Most certainly. In truth I think he has been since the Frankfurt game. But, the ball is in his court. He still has time to do something about it.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

If Moyes is not getting backed, he should walk. His stock has risen considerably in the last 2 years and would have no trouble getting a good gig elsewhere.

But if he chooses to hang around knowing full well what our owners are like, it’s hard to have too much sympathy.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Hammer1972 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:12 pm If Moyes is not getting backed, he should walk. His stock has risen considerably in the last 2 years and would have no trouble getting a good gig elsewhere.

But if he chooses to hang around knowing full well what our owners are like, it’s hard to have too much sympathy.
Has it really risen? No team higher than us would take him on would they? Probably he’s back to where he was before he left Everton. Just a bit older.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

In my opinion yes, two top 7 finishes in a row has proved many doubters (including myself) wrong about whether he can still do it.

I’m still not convinced by his transfer activity though and I still feel his pickiness cost us at the end of last season.
WestcliffHammer
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by WestcliffHammer »

This is a situation all of Moyes' doing he knew how light we were in numbers in January and the loss of form reflects that he had the chance to take the pressure off what is a big job now by adding a few in January he chose not to so now has to squeeze them all in to 18 days till we kick off against Man City with a team that hasn't been improved on and has been worked out and now depleted with numbers this is Moyes doing. If anyone has any confidence he will get the players through the door that is needed to just stay where we were last season then your confidence is misplaced there's been no evidence over the last few windows this will be any different. The noises Moyes is making doesn't fill me with confidence but it's ok us knicker wetter are over reacting. Moyes has peaked this is why he is struggling to get the players needed to progress to Champions League level which is apparently the plan. Moyes is a safe pair of hands but questions do have to be asked about this. He has 1 style of football, uses subs pooly
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

I think Moyes can sell West Ham to a player, but I'm pretty sure a lot of agents will then just say I can get you more money at quite a few other clubs.

Players chase the £ notes and they end up at an inferior club. Our Manager's fault?
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 645 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Allardyce January 2014
Allardyce January 2015
Billic January 2016
Billic Summer 2016
Pellegrini Summer 2018
Moyes January 2021
Moyes Summer 2021
Moyes January 2022
Moyes Summer 2022

There's one consistent thread that runs through all of these transfer windows and the club won't kick on or stabilise as a top half side until it's ripped out root and branch.

For Moyes to have lasted this long AND achieved our best ever back to back league finishes shows the quality of the man as a manager and a person :newthumb:
E13 Forever
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by E13 Forever »

WestcliffHammer wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:54 pm This is a situation all of Moyes' doing he knew how light we were in numbers in January and the loss of form reflects that he had the chance to take the pressure off what is a big job now by adding a few in January he chose not to so now has to squeeze them all in to 18 days till we kick off against Man City with a team that hasn't been improved on and has been worked out and now depleted with numbers this is Moyes doing. If anyone has any confidence he will get the players through the door that is needed to just stay where we were last season then your confidence is misplaced there's been no evidence over the last few windows this will be any different. The noises Moyes is making doesn't fill me with confidence but it's ok us knicker wetter are over reacting. Moyes has peaked this is why he is struggling to get the players needed to progress to Champions League level which is apparently the plan. Moyes is a safe pair of hands but questions do have to be asked about this. He has 1 style of football, uses subs pooly
Right
He is doing enough to keep gsb happy without them having to actually spend the money to turn us in to a top 4 threat.
And with a lot of fans harping on about how were in a better position now than we was a couple of years ago gsb will keep getting away with it
If moyes fails to get a new left back and a new striker in this window then he should ve sacked if gsb gave him the money.
Or if gsb did not give him the money then he should resign and blame them.
No more excuses.
Get the players in or get out of the club.