David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by szola »

After the disappointment of the Wolves game, the heart-breaking ending against ten men Brighton and two goals in the first half, they came back!

Credit where its due
:clap:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I love how disciplined we are at the moment and how difficult we are to break down. I've always wanted a pragmatic manager as I thought its what we needed. What I really like is, no matter how little of the ball we have, no matter how much defending we're doing, no matter how bad we appear to be playing... it always seems like we're just biding our time and we could spring into life and score at any time. I think that's what opposition teams feel like too... they're never comfortable no matter how much they're dominating. We have a reputation now. Nobody likes playing us.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Bond Holder 59 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:59 am Moyes likes to keep things tight for as long as he can, and then he releases the hounds.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

For a supposedly defensive manager and team we don’t half score a lot of goals.
But according to the media it’s the other teams mistakes that leads to our goals and not anything to do with us being massive.
Thank you Mr Moyes.
Has liked: 4368 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by Sticky »

Apologies if recently posted but just watched the 1000th game interview he did...

When he speaks of being offered the Everton job, and how he went round to Walter Smiths house on the day he'd been sacked to square it with him before talking it on... that says everything you need to know about David Moyes.

Class act.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

So up to very recently we have not suffered any real injury problems.We all know that in the last 2 or so weeks who we have lost.

We appear to be fitter than ever before with the running/system we play, Europa League, Carab cup run, a fair amount of football even with squad rotation. Subs, rarely use all of them, small "ish" squad - which I keep reading Moyes likes it that way, I can understand that as well. So my question, have we just had a bit of bad luck or maybe some of our lot are playing too much football and more injuries "may" be just round the corner?

I think it's just a bid of bad luck personally, but worth a question I thought. I also know our training facilities are not great and has possibly caused injuries - or so that was the talk, but I kind of think under Moyes he has somewhat kicked that one out. All be it I'm sure the manager/coaching staff/players would prefer much better facilities.
Estuary
Has liked: 275 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by Estuary »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:16 pm So up to very recently we have not suffered any real injury problems.We all know that in the last 2 or so weeks who we have lost.

We appear to be fitter than ever before with the running/system we play, Europa League, Carab cup run, a fair amount of football even with squad rotation. Subs, rarely use all of them, small "ish" squad - which I keep reading Moyes likes it that way, I can understand that as well. So my question, have we just had a bit of bad luck or maybe some of our lot are playing too much football and more injuries "may" be just round the corner?

I think it's just a bid of bad luck personally, but worth a question I thought. I also know our training facilities are not great and has possibly caused injuries - or so that was the talk, but I kind of think under Moyes he has somewhat kicked that one out. All be it I'm sure the manager/coaching staff/players would prefer much better facilities.
Its the frequency and timing of matches. Every coach is making the point. Brighton had three players go off injured on Wed night. We got away with it, but had to play again at 12.30 on Sat and you see the result.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Frequency is a fair comment Estuary, I know Brighton are suffering, any others?

If it is frequency the smaller squads will also suffer more, logic tells you that I guess, the run up to the beginning of Jan is heavy for most. Heavier for teams/squads like ours.
Estuary
Has liked: 275 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by Estuary »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:28 pm Frequency is a fair comment Estuary, I know Brighton are suffering, any others?

If it is frequency the smaller squads will also suffer more, logic tells you that I guess, the run up to the beginning of Jan is heavy for most. Heavier for teams/squads like ours.
I think we are pretty ave, Man Utd have key players out, Chelsea had key players out Sat. You've got the daft scheduling, pointless international games, and that a lot of players didn't get summer off.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

So if frequency is the issue we could maybe pick up a few (hopefully only minor) problems till the beginning of Jan.
Chadwell Chief
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by Chadwell Chief »

Moyes saying Coufal’s challenge was a pen and having a go at him has left a bad taste in my mouth. Also his weird comments about vaccinations and “diversity”.

Just feel so ambivalent atm as it’s all rigged for the Dirty 6. They’re all getting penalties based on f*** all now so Sky don’t have to keep mentioning the “top 3” with us around. After an amazing season last time and a good start this, I still somehow feel like it’s pointless. I realised before the game yesterday that I didn’t even know we were playing that particular evening. Can’t remember when that was last the case

Only really interested in the Europa games and they’re done til March. Meh
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Up agin' it at the min.
Short of players.
Others short of form.
Definitely short of options.

Testing times that if we're honest, knew were coming once key players started getting hurt.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

If there’s one crime against Moyes at the moment, it's loyalty to certain players. He has shown too much faith and patience in some. He needs to be ruthless and shift some in the next couple of windows if he is deadly serious about wanting to challenge for a top 7 place on a regular basis.

When everyone is fit and playing to their potential we have a top 7 starting 11. Apart from 2-3 positions we have a serious drop-off in quality when we are missing players.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1143 likes

Post by Diogenes »

OFT wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:10 pm Up agin' it at the min.
Short of players.
Others short of form.
Definitely short of options.

Testing times that if we're honest, knew were coming once key players started getting hurt.
Too true, but watch some getting on his back and 'reminding' us of his short commings and they knew this would happen! 😉
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

He's gotta get us a result ar Watford. Any kind of result, even a horrible, scrappy draw
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

got a lot tougher the moment Rice picked up his 5th yellow of the season.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:34 pm got a lot tougher the moment Rice picked up his 5th yellow of the season.
Noble will come in. He should be alright to sit in midfield for 90 mins
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:36 pm Noble will come in. He should be alright to sit in midfield for 90 mins
well for sure it won't be Kral.

he must be really shyte in training and will go back in January. thought he's been decent in the few minutes he's had.

Moyes loyalty to his players is praiseworthy but maybe a bit foolhardy at times.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

funky chicken wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:22 pm If there’s one crime against Moyes at the moment, it's loyalty to certain players. He has shown too much faith and patience in some.
Agree with this.
And there are some that just don’t get much of a look in.
Fredricks and Kral in particular, I guess he doesn’t rate them.
Losing 3/4 of your first choice back four to lengthy injuries is bad luck so the dip in results is not on Moyes.
I hope he has contingency plans in Jan, a LB and a CB needed as much as a striker.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:23 pm Agree with this.
And there are some that just don’t get much of a look in.
Fredricks and Kral in particular, I guess he doesn’t rate them.
Losing 3/4 of your first choice back four to lengthy injuries is bad luck so the dip in results is not on Moyes.
I hope he has contingency plans in Jan, a LB and a CB needed as much as a striker.
he might have contigency plans but the same or similar noises coming out in the post match presser

"would like to do something, but you can't always do what you want to do."

Rebecca Howe: "Woody, you have a masterful grasp of the obvious."

:crylol: