David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Rocketron »

Pete647580 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:17 pm I have no solid information, but I have a hunch he's sending a signal to the owners that he's interested in another crack at the Man U job.
I suggest you take your hunch back to Notre Dame where it belongs.
YeOldHammer
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by YeOldHammer »

A Manager who flopped at Sunderland and Man Utd with equally some of the worst owners going; is going to walk from a club he took to Europe twice and just spent to the tune of 100m this window ?

Can't see it. I think if anything Moyes is working to build something special but seeing his reaction after the Rangers and Lens pre-season games I think he was probably taken back a bit on how much work he needed to do. But I think Moyes is up for the challenge.
Ethanadict
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Ethanadict »

Playing up to get more money out of the Board?

He’s not the Moysiah, he’s a very naughty boy.
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Post by jastons »

If Moyes really is considering walking then I hope he stays on until Kretinski buys out the dildo brothers.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

I don’t want him to leave, and he definitely won’t walk (there’s too much money in it for managers to just walk), but I can see him not being here at the end of the season…
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:40 pm Basically in a nutshell, he has his detractors and if is rumoured there is some friction between him and the board. It is not certain if it is just Sullivan or GSBK in its entirety but he has gone on record as saying he will not play any if the new signings who were not his own choices. It should soon be made clear those who were not
Coventry starts over Downes. Can anything be read into this or could be a case of 2+2=5?
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

claretandblue82 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:08 pm Coventry starts over Downes. Can anything be read into this or could be a case of 2+2=5?
Downes and Coventry are two different types of players... Coventry is more creative, Downes stronger and more defensive. Dependson the gameplan I guess.
ZazaPenaltyRunup
Has liked: 1589 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Post by ZazaPenaltyRunup »

He'd be an idiot to walk.

Nothing to do with GSB. Walking would be personally kissing goodbye to the tune of £10m.

If he got sacked, they'd have to pay up his contract.

He won't walk, he's a mope but anyone who's dealt with as much **** as he has will be a mope.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Not sure if already mentioned but saw Stuart Pearce sitting with Moyes and Nolan. Back at the club in a consultancy role perhaps?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1994 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

ironilunga wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:16 pm Not sure if already mentioned but saw Stuart Pearce sitting with Moyes and Nolan. Back at the club in a consultancy role perhaps?
said on the match thread, maybe there reporting for talkSPORT

haven't been on there much lately but last time I was Pearcey was one of the commentary crew on previous matches, not necessarily just West Ham.
Friend or Foé
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Friend or Foé »

I'd be surprised if he walked as he’s not getting any job that would be substantially bigger than our offering at the moment. Last seasons top 6 clubs ? No chances coming up there, maybe an outside bet on Ten Haag but I think that club realises that they need to go through the process of major reform rather than to keep switching manager, so I think he’ll be there for at least a season and even then they won’t go to Moyes. Outside possibly Leicester would be interested.
sw3hammer
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sw3hammer »

I think Downes could be the issue.
Went to school at Brentwood (Essex private school) with I believe
David Sullivan junior. Same age I believe ?
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Well as all our new signings have now figured this theory looks a bit suspect. Mangers very, very rarely walk without another job lined up. I'm sure dealing with Sullivan day to day is a bit tiresome but I think this scenario plays out at many clubs. Our 'friends' down at N17 seem to have an ongoing tug of war between managers and the board, Wolves have to have who Mendes wants to give them, and Leicester's 'wonderful' owners have refused to give rogers a penny to spend. Just another day in the weird and wonderful world of football management
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1170 likes
Total likes: 680 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

IMO, he’s going nowhere. He lords it over his leadership team like the silver back he is. Great to see Pearce in the heart of the group, albeit on loan, but suggests nothing broken between him and Moyes. Irvine was also in the same stand, but further to the left and so not so in tv shot so often. There’s still a spirit. Look how the touchline coaches embraced Scamacca when he came off, they formed a queue to back slap him.
The tide is turning back towards the right direction.
👍🥸
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I think Sullivan might have a word with him Like, you've 3 games to save your job
norse
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 835 likes

Post by norse »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:59 pm I think Sullivan might have a word with him Like, you've 3 games to save your job
Villa, Tottenham and Chelsea. So no point in that, we'll be lucky to score a goal.
I'm not Moyes out at all though. That would just be silly.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

I can see why he never gets the top jobs bottle job of a manager won’t change anything stubborn no innovation he has an array of talented coaches but can’t mix it up with graham potter it’s so frustrating because I do believe he has all the tools to be a good manager he just doesn’t have the asshole to change from his stubbornness
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

The man has earnt the right to have time to turn it around and we as fans owe him that after he's delivered so many fantastic memories that will last a lifetime over the last couple of years. He's also being let down by people we can usually count on i.e Zouma/Rice and Soucek.

We needed to do a lot of work in the summer and with 7 games in August, we're still not finished in giving Moyes the squad he needs. We needed our new signings in early so we could hit the ground running.

Anyway, I think we'll start clicking soon, starting with Villa next week.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

We've lost our identity a bit, haven't we?

I'm really unsure what we are trying to do, both on the pitch and with our recruitment.

I keep reading we're signing 'ball-playing' defenders. Can they defend? Also, how does that ball-playing mesh with Zouma-Soucek-Antonio being the spine - who are not the most blessed technicians?

There is no press, there is no passing, there is no originality with set pieces, there isn't even a sense of team spirit and fight. I have no idea what we're doing now and none of our recruitment looks like it's going to stop us conceding a couple of goals every game.
D C
Has liked: 1125 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by D C »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:09 pm We've lost our identity a bit, haven't we?

I'm really unsure what we are trying to do, both on the pitch and with our recruitment.

I keep reading we're signing 'ball-playing' defenders. Can they defend? Also, how does that ball-playing mesh with Zouma-Soucek-Antonio being the spine - who are not the most blessed technicians?

There is no press, there is no passing, there is no originality with set pieces, there isn't even a sense of team spirit and fight. I have no idea what we're doing now and none of our recruitment looks like it's going to stop us conceding a couple of goals every game.
Basically exactly what I was thinking. No identity at all, i’m not even sure Moyes knows how we should be playing