David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Albie Beck »

Well done martello - you've finally outed IB... He's Moysie's accountant! :D
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Albie Beck wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:19 am Well done martello - you've finally outed IB... He's Moysie's accountant! :D
No he isn't, he just goes through Moyes' bin bags.
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1170 likes
Total likes: 680 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

I have to say some balanced and fair comments recently in this thread. I am big fan of the Moyes joyride experience, especially the coaching team selection and its contribution, but even i have to acknowledge that his substitutions in the last two games have been bizarre.

Firstly, he knows far more than me, and combined with his coaches, they even know more than the top posters here on kumb, but….

It’s what he sees in the week at training, or perhaps knows about players going into a match. Are players carrying an injury? Did player x have a cold in the week? Is player y distracted by events at home? Is player z distracted by transfer out, or in, speculation?

Having said all that, they must be able to see what we can all see during each match. So it makes me even more worried about what happens at training etc. What the heck do they see midweek that drives the substitution decisions, despite what they can see we need urgently mid match?

Blimey, it’s a tough job, but at least we have Moyes, Pearce, Nolan etc to optimise us. If it wasn’t for the money, fun, fame and the glory I cannot see why they do it?

👍🇨🇿

I’ll take two more “trust” pills and get a positivity booster as my instincts are wobbling.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

The most pissed off I have seen him since he has been with us. I wanted to hold him and then slap him and tell him to get some transfers over the line 😁

At the end of the video he gives no guarantees around transfers and looks rather stressed. Cheer up Dave, transfers or no transfers you are doing a cracking job 👍

johnnyb
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

ironilunga wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:17 am The most pissed off I have seen him since he has been with us. I wanted to hold him and then slap him and tell him to get some transfers over the line 😁

At the end of the video he gives no guarantees around transfers and looks rather stressed. Cheer up Dave, transfers or no transfers you are doing a cracking job 👍

He probably realises like a lot of the rest of us that when the window shuts without any much needed reinforcements, then the wheels will start to come off big time.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

ironilunga wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:17 am The most pissed off I have seen him since he has been with us. I wanted to hold him and then slap him and tell him to get some transfers over the line 😁

He can see now that Sullivan is doing to him what he has done to all managers bleeding him dry.

Sully only has one year to go before he can cashout his chips and will flog rice and trouser that as well
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

S-H wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:23 am No he isn't, he just goes through Moyes' bin bags.
More or less the same thing :lol:
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Ironing Board wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:26 am He is actually one of the the lowest paid managers in the league.
I'm sure he's not doing too badly IB...

Anyway, I'm not laying into him. He's the best manager we've had in ages and what he's done here twice has been great and I hope he is given money to spend and continues to build, but it's not unfair to question things when it hasn't gone right. Just saying for example, when Lanzini and Fornals are struggling, he has a £30m replacement on the bench. A Croatian International who's actually shown a fair bit recently. I accept he knows more about Kral than we do, but then we've seen enough of Lanzini to know he's not a deeper sitting midfielder. We have a Czech International on the bench who plays in that position. It's fair to question why he wasn't given a go.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:36 am I'm sure he's not doing too badly IB...

Anyway, I'm not laying into him. He's the best manager we've had in ages and what he's done here twice has been great and I hope he is given money to spend and continues to build, but it's not unfair to question things when it hasn't gone right. Just saying for example, when Lanzini and Fornals are struggling, he has a £30m replacement on the bench. A Croatian International who's actually shown a fair bit recently. I accept he knows more about Kral than we do, but then we've seen enough of Lanzini to know he's not a deeper sitting midfielder. We have a Czech International on the bench who plays in that position. It's fair to question why he wasn't given a go.
Oh yeah. Just find it funny that Moyes gets less cash than Patrick Viera and Steven Gerrard! Rafa was getting about three times his wage :lol:
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Albie Beck wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:19 am Well done martello - you've finally outed IB... He's Moysie's accountant! :D
Was a much better job in the old days!
brooking_1980
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Moyes gets a free pass from me, he can do no wrong.

He's bought us great times, a proper West Ham Team we can cheer and support, they represent us and the success he's bought us despite the Board, man is a proven genius.
The Straw
Has liked: 595 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by The Straw »

I feel like the gaffer thinks he is getting close to (or is building towards) a squad that he has absolute faith in. At the moment he is making do but doesn’t trust too many fringe players and doesn’t want to replace them with marginal upgrades. It’s a slow process and the opportunity cost is that we could lose our best players during the rebuild. He probably needs 4 more windows to get his ideal squad together. A squad where he can look to the bench and have quality players that he has either deliberately kept or acquired himself. He’s done really well. If he’s still making iffy subs at that point then you can question it, but for now he needs time to drag the average quality of the squad up. We’ve needed this as a club for years to be honest. It can be frustrating though because we all worry this chance will pass us by and we’ll revert to type.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

I think he should walk away from this club, he deserves so much better. Walk away today knowing you are one of our best managers in history and go and manage for people that respect you. GSB OUT
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Vienna wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:59 pm I think he should walk away from this club, he deserves so much better. Walk away today knowing you are one of our best managers in history and go and manage for people that respect you. GSB OUT
Please God he doesn't, I know nobody would blame him but he really is the best we've had for many a season and, the best we're ever likely to get for many more.
NWhammer
Has liked: 794 likes
Total likes: 1527 likes

Post by NWhammer »

I thought the last bit of that video was weird. At least now we know why now, let down.
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

Watching that live, as soon as I heard what he said and his expression I knew straight away that Sullivan has had him over.

Sullivan is a grade A scumbag, can't wait for the demo's to get going again.
West Side
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 67 likes

Post by West Side »

Claret and Hugh firmly blaming the manager.-And also a sly dig at those advocating GSB out.Looks to me that Moyes is gonna get thrown under the bus.
neathiron
Has liked: 487 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by neathiron »

OFT wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:47 pm Please God he doesn't, I know nobody would blame him but he really is the best we've had for many a season and, the best we're ever likely to get for many more.
Perhaps our owners have an ulterior motive mate. Piss him off, hoping that he'll walk. Next manager who comes in fails to achieve what Moyes has done results wise, they will sell up, new owners struggle to get any momentum going for the foreseeable future, and it makes GSB look like they were not as bad as we all made out. But we were right all along.
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

neathiron wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:11 pm Perhaps our owners have an ulterior motive mate. Piss him off, hoping that he'll walk. Next manager who comes in fails to achieve what Moyes has done results wise, they will sell up, new owners struggle to get any momentum going for the foreseeable future, and it makes GSB look like they were not as bad as we all made out. But we were right all along.
Sadly,I wouldn't be at all surprised.

They clearly have no interest in the club purely as a football team.
Lifelong fans my fat northern hairy arse.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

This is hilarious:

"The manager makes the final decision and in Moyes we trust until he crashes and burns. He knows the reality of football which is that you are only as good as your last season in charge so we should back his decision not to sign the players that were available to him.

"I hope the GSB OUT and Twitterati brigade don’t use this stick to beat the board or as an excuse to re-ignite fan-led protests but it may become inevitable given their track record."

:lol: :lol: