David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Ironing Board »

BondsoBob wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:21 pm We'll never know mate. There's no way he would ever turn up at our shambles.
Depends how much you pay him…
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by costa75 »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:02 pm I'd take Jose just to hear him rip our ****ing board apart when he inevitably fails :eyes:
Boring football that won The Champions League with Porto. Not exactly BFS, Pullis or Moyes is he.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1986 likes
Total likes: 1665 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

slightly off topic, but those Setanta skits with Sven, The Special One and Rooney were absolutely side splitting......
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Can’t imagine I’ll ever get to such a low point in my life that I’d actively want the team I support to be managed by Mourinho.

Him and Conte make football into work, akin to a 30-hour flight to New Zealand, except you might never make the destination they claim to guarantee.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 156 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Even Spurs fans eventually worked out that Murinho was a c***. No! Let him manage Brazil. Paqueta can amuse us with tales of Jose's nonsense after he comes back from internationals.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I respect Mourinho, “but no way Jose” would I want him as our manager.

He just doesn’t tick many boxes of what my personal preferences are for what I’d want from a West Ham United manager.

Besides, the moment Sully plays silly beggars and doesn’t give him the money he wants, Jose will tell him where to go.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Haha yeah lets get moaner in what a great idea, and whilst were at it lets pay him £11m a year to watch dog **** football
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Really bugs me when we start comparing the amount of trophies won between Moyes and manager X. If you're going to make comparisons like that then you at least have to look at their record with comparable clubs. It's a little unfair comparing manager X's list of honours with top 4 clubs against manager Y's record with mid table clubs and relegation battlers.
Fraser
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by Fraser »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:34 am Really bugs me when we start comparing the amount of trophies won between Moyes and manager X. If you're going to make comparisons like that then you at least have to look at their record with comparable clubs. It's a little unfair comparing manager X's list of honours with top 4 clubs against manager Y's record with mid table clubs and relegation battlers.
Well Mourinho did win two trophies at the Mancs while Moyes got sacked... While still not winning away at any of the big teams...
claretnblueglasses
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by claretnblueglasses »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:34 am Really bugs me when we start comparing the amount of trophies won between Moyes and manager X. If you're going to make comparisons like that then you at least have to look at their record with comparable clubs. It's a little unfair comparing manager X's list of honours with top 4 clubs against manager Y's record with mid table clubs and relegation battlers.
Maybe so, but there's a reason why top managers get the top jobs, and the only piece of evidence we have for Moyes in that scenario is a resounding failure. Whether he deserved more time at Man United is another discussion.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1636 likes

Post by chalks »

claretnblueglasses wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:57 am Maybe so, but there's a reason why top managers get the top jobs, and the only piece of evidence we have for Moyes in that scenario is a resounding failure. Whether he deserved more time at Man United is another discussion.
Why would a top manager come here then? We are perfect for Moyes, he’s perfect for us
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"

Post by Wilko1304 »

The only appeal of Mourinho was back when his reputation attracted a better calibre of player. Those days are gone.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Ozza wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:23 am Haha yeah lets get moaner in what a great idea, and whilst were at it lets pay him £11m a year to watch dog **** football
Yeah, we'll just keep paying Moyes whatever he's on to watch dog **** football probably without ever getting a sniff of winning anything and possibly getting relegated. Headbanger
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3047 likes
Total likes: 2689 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Mourinho and his disruptive nature is exactly NOT what a club like us needs. We need a solid character, a healing figure who understands
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

BondsoBob wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:32 am Yeah, we'll just keep paying Moyes whatever he's on to watch dog **** football probably without ever getting a sniff of winning anything and possibly getting relegated. Headbanger
Headbanger

:crylol:
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

Mourinho won't be coming here, not in a million years.

But if he did, I think he would instantly command the respect of the players, and that they would run through brick walls for the man.

He might not be the elite level manager, that the top clubs would employ for much longer, but a couple of rungs down on the ladder, to a club our size could potentially be a great match.

I'd never turn my nose up at José, as I reckon he'd get more of tune out of our current crop of players than Moyes is, but as mentioned before, it's never going to happen.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3201 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Completely agree with this point generally but - as much as I hate the man - Mourinho winning the Champions League with Porto is not too far off Leicester winning the Prem when it comes to shock wins. Doing it again with Inter was a surprise too.

Neither midtable clubs in their league of course, but they were in European terms.

If anything, he's underperformed when at the really elite clubs. And self-destructs after 3 years anywhere of course, the knobhead that he is.
Wilko1304

Post by Wilko1304 »

If people hate Moyes’s football…

There is nothing this team needs that Mourinho offers.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Wilko1304 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:16 am If people hate Moyes’s football…

There is nothing this team needs that Mourinho offers.
Except triple Moyes’s salary and a caustic personality

No thanks
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

chalks wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:58 am Why would a top manager come here then? We are perfect for Moyes, he’s perfect for us
Because they're at the stage of their career where they've already won the trophies they wanted and are now more interested in the salary. They'll do the job but won't lose any sleep if they fail.