David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Ironing Board »

Anyone ever get tired of constantly griping about the manager?
billtho
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by billtho »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:59 pm Anyone ever get tired of constantly griping about the manager?
Why should anyone gripe about a manager who is so tactically inept that he'd have Messi at left wing back to cover Creswell.Come on IB even you can see that it's time to say goodbye.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:59 pm Anyone ever get tired of constantly griping about the manager?
he types with a wry grin and glass of scotch in hand.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

billtho wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:04 pm Why should anyone gripe about a manager who is so tactically inept that he'd have Messi at left wing back to cover Creswell.Come on IB even you can see that it's time to say goodbye.
Maybe, but constant negativity each and every day? Its so toxic.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:18 pm Maybe, but constant negativity each and every day? Its so toxic.
Completely natural when you have 6 wins in 26 games and a board full of posters who genuinely love the club.
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:17 pm I wouldnt bet on that - I know he went into the U21s dressing room after a game and said well played today but it wont matter anyway cos you wont get picked for the 1st team squad no matter how well you play

agent of one of the players told me that about 6 months ago
I never believe anything that comes out of an agent's mouth, they just try to create situations to make ££
JohnnyLyall
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by JohnnyLyall »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:18 pm Maybe, but constant negativity each and every day? Its so toxic.
Why is discussing a manager toxic?

I really don't get the fans returning as a factor either, just baffles me when people say that.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

MB wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:34 pm It is probably too simple to say just Irvine leaving as you say but having that buffer between the players and the manager who is respected by both must be so important
Imagine just having an approachable manager of the team, receptive to thoughts and concerns from players. What a world that must be.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

JohnnyLyall wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:35 pm Why is discussing a manager toxic?

I really don't get the fans returning as a factor either, just baffles me when people say that.
It isn't. Calling it 'toxic' is just a way of shifting the focus from the very bad performance of the manager towards 'negative' posting instead.

Gaslighting, I think they call it.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

JohnnyLyall wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:35 pm Why is discussing a manager toxic?

Its the same old negative spiel every single day. Hardly the well of unbounding optimism is it? Only ever see negatives.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:20 pm Its the same old negative spiel every single day.
It's what happens when we play mind-numbing poor football for most of the season in the League and find ourselves slipping further down the League, until we sit 3rd from bottom in the relegation zone and also an early exit in the League Cup to lower League opposition at Home.

Our only respite we've all enjoyed has been our brief FA Cup run and a fantastic European run where the positivity is in abundance.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Hopefully Moyes has watched Scotland last night and realised that having a go at the big boys does actually yield results sometimes.

I think Scotland had 4 or 5 mid table championship players start for them last night yet they ran their socks off for 98 minutes.

I’m not suggesting brawn wins every football match but self belief plays a huge part. At the end of the day, it’s 11 v 11
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2948 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Believer wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:36 pm Hopefully Moyes has watched Scotland last night and realised that having a go at the big boys does actually yield results sometimes.
They had 25% of the ball all game and were defending super deep over large stretched. Uh-oh. The usual suspects would single out those number negatively 24/7, 365 days etc.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator.
Believer

Post by Believer »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:41 pm They had 25% of the ball all game and were defending super deep over large stretched. Uh-oh. The usual suspects would single out those number negatively 24/7, 365 days etc.
Agreed. That 75% possession never really did them much good though did it ? For all their possession, Scotland had 9 shots to their 8 with both getting 3 on target.

Granted it wasn’t the tika taka Spain of old but they’ve only lost about 2 qualifiers in about 20 years.

From memory, even during our good spell, we were still only getting about 40% possession even at home but I was always confident of getting a result. If he can get that mentality back, we will be fine..
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5555 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:09 pm Imagine just having an approachable manager of the team, receptive to thoughts and concerns from players. What a world that must be.
TBH everything I've read about the good ones tends to suggest they are arseholes, nuts or both! There is nearly always a middleman either in the coaching staff or a player.

Not sure caring sharing managers last that long...
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2948 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Believer wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:52 pm Agreed. That 75% possession never really did them much good though did it ? For all their possession, Scotland had 9 shots to their 8 with both getting 3 on target.

Granted it wasn’t the tika taka Spain of old but they’ve only lost about 2 qualifiers in about 20 years.

From memory, even during our good spell, we were still only getting about 40% possession even at home but I was always confident of getting a result. If he can get that mentality back, we will be fine..
Yep. I don't mind us having just a third of the ball, as long as we're (again) on point when it comes being quick in transition and hitting teams with full force in those vital spells of five to ten minutes, when we won a high number of corners and free-kicks and nicked some important wins that way. Fine margins. And teams didn't like to play against us, because we never dropped out of games and were physically superiour.
JohnnyLyall
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by JohnnyLyall »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:41 pm They had 25% of the ball all game and were defending super deep over large stretched.
But Scotland against Spain playing that way with that little possession is understandable, oh and they won.

Us playing like that at home to say a Palace side that hadn't won away all season, not scored in two months and losing... Totally unacceptable...
Gazmundo
Has liked: 286 likes
Total likes: 425 likes

Post by Gazmundo »

I'm amazed Steve Clarke hasn't been headhunted by a PL club. The players absolutely love playing for him and he's capable of handling top stars. Before the Scotland job he took Kilmarnock from bottom of the league to third in the SPL. Maybe he's not exotic enough for these clueless Chairmen in the EPL. He should have been West Ham manager with Zola as his assistant - not the other way around.
Believer

Post by Believer »

JohnnyLyall wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:57 pm But Scotland against Spain playing that way with that little possession is understandable, oh and they won.

Us playing like that at home to say a Palace side that hadn't won away all season, not scored in two months and losing... Totally unacceptable...
I’d love Moyes to advise why he has lost his positivity. We were a match for most yet now we seem scared from the off. That can’t all be down to the players. That’s a collective management and players issue and him as manager needs to resolve it.