David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1227 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Tenbury »

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:37 pm
.... you've created your own Hell.
Surely the most appropriate definition of any WHUFC supporter.
mattyD
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Post by mattyD »

If everything is pointing to Moyes, and his staff, leaving at the end of the season it's crazy for him not to have gone sooner. We'd be better off with no-one. I like Moyes and I hope the rest of the season pans out as best it can, for the supporters of course, but for him as well. But if the team at least think he's out the door then that's a massive problem.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

It's dead man walking syndrome. Trying to think of a time when that last worked out for a Club fighting relegation.
NWhammer
Has liked: 794 likes
Total likes: 1527 likes

Post by NWhammer »

If you’re going to sack him in the summer sack him now.

Some circus this club.
JohnnyLyall
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by JohnnyLyall »

hammers92 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:07 pm I don’t doubt Moyes’ professionalism for a second but there must be a part of him that thinks why would I care if we dropped, knowing he’s off.

This happens every single bloody time. “Club sources”.
Not really sure him thinking that could possibly make his performances any worse this season... In fact him not caring may improve us..
Roby
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 264 likes

Post by Roby »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:52 pm Not true at all. We can all see that Monkey Tennis was a flawed concept from the start. Monkey Darts was the way to go.
If Moyes was to give Nolan a playing contract and chuck him in the side we could start filming Partidge’s idea of “Inner City Sumo”.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

hammers92 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:07 pm I don’t doubt Moyes’ professionalism for a second but there must be a part of him that thinks why would I care if we dropped, knowing he’s off.

If we get relegated it will significantly hamper is career prospects
If we stay up and he wins a European trophy it will massively improve his career prospects

there is a lot riding on the rest of the season for Moyes whether he stays with us or not
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Roby wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:49 pm If Moyes was to give Nolan a playing contract and chuck him in the side we could start filming Partidge’s idea of “Inner City Sumo”.
That really would set the Partridge among the pigeons!
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1188 likes
Total likes: 934 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:35 am we rarely control any game evan in the euro farmers league where we are winning.
Given the contempt people like you hold for the European competition we are in why are you so concerned about relegation? If you don't want us competing for places in Europe we may as well be in the Championship.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 972 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Reputation is on the floor he relegates us. He blame shifted the Sunderland one but he isn’t gonna be able to do that if we go. He needs us to stay up to get a sniff at any future decent gigs.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3040 likes
Total likes: 2684 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Lovejoy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:53 pm Reputation is on the floor he relegates us. He blame shifted the Sunderland one but he isn’t gonna be able to do that if we go. He needs us to stay up to get a sniff at any future decent gigs.
He'll get another PL job regardless of the ending of our current season.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:55 pm He'll get another PL job regardless of the ending of our current season.
I imagine he’ll fancy winning a bunch of trophies at Celtic if he moves on. He’s proven himself down here and is unlikely to get a massive job again like Man Utd.

Why not win a few trebles, a few Champions League campaigns then sign off with a Scotland stint?
Lovejoy

Post by Lovejoy »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:55 pm He'll get another PL job regardless of the ending of our current season.
Will he? Relegating a side after spending 150m. Maybe he will but it won’t be a decent one, most likely another relegation fight. I see him taking a break and maybe getting the Celtic or Scotland job that’s about it.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Lovejoy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:24 pm Will he? Relegating a side after spending 150m. Maybe he will but it won’t be a decent one, most likely another relegation fight. I see him taking a break and maybe getting the Celtic or Scotland job that’s about it.
The Celtic job, believe it or not, is a massive appointment.
Lovejoy

Post by Lovejoy »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:26 pm The Celtic job, believe it or not, is a massive appointment.
It’s a big club granted, is it a big job? I mean Leicester went and took their manager when they was on a for a treble treble.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3024 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Lovejoy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:24 pm Will he? Relegating a side after spending 150m. Maybe he will but it won’t be a decent one, most likely another relegation fight. I see him taking a break and maybe getting the Celtic or Scotland job that’s about it.
Yep. I would put money that if Moyes leaves in the summer he will be back at a premier league club sitting between 20th-15th trying to escape relegation by February.

What do you mean by decent though? We became decent partly because of his impact.

That doesn't mean he is right for us now
Last edited by El brooko79 on Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Lovejoy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:29 pm It’s a big club granted, is it a big job? I mean Leicester went and took their manager when they was on a for a treble treble.
It’s a different thing though. Rodgers is still quite young and used Celtic as rehabilitation. Moyes is a former player near the end of his career. Would be a good way to go out on a high.
NWhammer
Has liked: 794 likes
Total likes: 1527 likes

Post by NWhammer »

Ye I have to agree the Celtic job can’t be classed as a big job this side of the border.
Lovejoy

Post by Lovejoy »

El brooko79 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:32 pm Yep. I would put money that if Moyes leaves in the summer he will be back at a premier league club sitting between 20th-15th trying to escape relegation by February.

What do you mean by decent though? We became decent partly because of his impact.

That doesn't mean he is right for us now
I agree we did on his watch but his reputation will be an all time low imo if he manages to relegate this group of players. What I mean by decent is say villa, Leicester, Newcastle. All I could see him getting is a newly promoted side who are prepared to take the risk on him to stay up. He is basically gonna be another sam who openly admits he didn’t wanna go in and build a club and I think Moyes will be down that route
Lovejoy

Post by Lovejoy »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:33 pm It’s a different thing though. Rodgers is still quite young and used Celtic as rehabilitation. Moyes is a former player near the end of his career. Would be a good way to go out on a high.
I agreed it would be a good way for him to go. But truth is medium size clubs down here take Celtics best players & managers. Maybe it’s better put that it isn’t a hard job.