David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1986 likes
Total likes: 1664 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

the pink palermo wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:05 pm
The only thing I'd like to see Moyes do differently are his interviews: digging out players publicly will never make them run harder for you.
edited for brevity.

not only that Pinky, but digging out the fans a few games back didn't help his cause either.

I imagine that quite a few folks who were maybe on the fence or were a little bit in his favour, would have been turned off by his remarks about a lot of fans being "managers" in the crowd..

it did me I know. I was already a little bit toward binning him off, but that was his "cupping the ear" moment for me.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

I think the moment to do anything was before this break, in all honesty. A lot of people might have been 50:50, or near it, before the WC break.

It's now clear we're sticking with him through at least the next few games when we're back from that. That's probably put a lot of those people into the stick camp.

General bad performances across our first 5 or so matches back probably pulls them back to twist.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Of course absolutely everyone has the right to their opinion. It's the only way a forum should be. :newthumb:
I will state quite categorically that I never wanted DM here. He did, sort of, win me over for a time. And there were some great performances. (But not as many as some try to make out). Unfortunately he really does seem to have lost it now and I can't see him pulling it round. I am pretty much entrenched in the twist camp now.
thamesideiron
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by thamesideiron »

Just read a post on here stating ..A Euro semi final,a 6th And 7th finish,Euro footie this year again(which at moment we are p***ing thru)
...and they're not happy.

This year which is not yet halfway thru,a massively transitional season for us,which has been bogged down with injuries and some
on field decisions going against us...a season where only 3 sides have let in less...the top 3 by the way..

I wont go into some of the signings that have been encouraged to come here,cos of the Euro stuff,or signing 2 practically
unkown Czech guys that hugely contributed to starting it all off,some of best nights/games ever and I mean ever..
Filling the Bowl most games...plenty to be enthusiastic about.

I'm not David Moyes biggest fan,a few things I would do different at the moment...But I couldn't have got us where we are now...HE HAS..
So... Personally think we owe him ....Lets see how season ends up,then talk/whinge...whatever.

Easy supporting and sticking by a Club/Manager when things are flying....lot Tougher when things go against you,that's when a Club,Players
and Manager need the support.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1188 likes
Total likes: 934 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:44 pm I imagine that quite a few folks who were maybe on the fence or were a little bit in his favour, would have been turned off by his remarks about a lot of fans being "managers" in the crowd..
At the end of the day he is employed to win football matches and that's what he needs to focus on. If he does and we go on a good run the hurt feelings of a few thin skinned fans will soon be forgotten.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3040 likes
Total likes: 2684 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

It's a super tight league this season in terms of quality. So losing two of your key signings this summer, a left footed winger and a left footed centre half for pretty much the whole stint prior to the World Cup should have an impact. I think we could see away at Chelsea what impact (from the bench) a direct pacy winger like Cornet should give us. And seeing what a player Aguerd already is during the World Cup should cheers us all up a bit.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Metal Hammer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:40 pm At the end of the day he is employed to win football matches and that's what he needs to focus on. If he does and we go on a good run the hurt feelings of a few thin skinned fans will soon be forgotten.
I wouldn't say I was thin skinned. been supporting this bloody club for about 69 years since I was 5 and dad dragged me along to watch !!!!!!!!!!!!

however, the fans are a club's life blood. telling them they're idiots (pretty much) isn't what managers should do.

"everyone's entitled to their opinion" would be a better worded statement.

imvho that is
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3031 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:44 pm edited for brevity.

not only that Pinky, but digging out the fans a few games back didn't help his cause either.

I imagine that quite a few folks who were maybe on the fence or were a little bit in his favour, would have been turned off by his remarks about a lot of fans being "managers" in the crowd..

it did me I know. I was already a little bit toward binning him off, but that was his "cupping the ear" moment for me.
Fair point.

I didn't quite see it in the same category as the ear cupping, but it was an unwise thing for him to have done.

Managers need to remember there are one of them and 40,000 of us at matches.
Take It to the Limit
Has liked: 1225 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Take It to the Limit »

the pink palermo wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:53 pm Fair point.

I didn't quite see it in the same category as the ear cupping, but it was an unwise thing for him to have done.

Managers need to remember there are one of them and 40,000 of us at matches.
👍🏻
Exactly. The fans may not be FA qualified coaches, but if a team is playing s**t, it’s playing s**t and any fan is entitled to voice their opinions if that’s the case.
If Jermaine Jenas can give an opinion, then so can 40k fans.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1188 likes
Total likes: 934 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:49 pm I wouldn't say I was thin skinned. been supporting this bloody club for about 69 years since I was 5 and dad dragged me along to watch !!!!!!!!!!!!

however, the fans are a club's life blood. telling them they're idiots (pretty much) isn't what managers should do.

"everyone's entitled to their opinion" would be a better worded statement.

imvho that is
Lol I didn't mean you but I can see how my post reads that way, apologies. And yes, I agree he could have been a lot more diplomatic :newthumb:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Metal Hammer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:14 pm Lol I didn't mean you but I can see how my post reads that way, apologies. And yes, I agree he could have been a lot more diplomatic :newthumb:
didn't take it personally at all mate... your opinion is your opinion. and I WOULD be thin skinned if I took offence !!!

:crylol:
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Fact is, with injuries, late transfers and a choppy preseason, it has been very difficult to get any sort of momentum. And that's before you add European football into the mix.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1515 likes
Total likes: 3181 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I think my desire to twist has faded as the time for a manager to implement anything new has decreased. I would certainly keep an ear to the ground - there are some very good managers out of work who may not have found the profile of job they were looking for - but it would be daft to act now.

Maybe if we lose 4 on the spin and it's clear the break hasn't helped us, we act. But managers need time and most of the ones we would want to move us forward are probably going to struggle without a pre-season.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 972 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:36 pm Fact is, with injuries, late transfers and a choppy preseason, it has been very difficult to get any sort of momentum. And that's before you add European football into the mix.
Late transfers? Funny that cos when it was pointed out by loads we should get our business done early they was accused by the usual brigade of knicker wetting.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1515 likes
Total likes: 3181 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Lovejoy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:21 pm Late transfers? Funny that cos when it was pointed out by loads we should get our business done early they was accused by the usual brigade of knicker wetting.
Do you think the problem might have been tone? Salient points aren't best presented with histrionics and fear. We all would have rather we'd done things earlier.
Diogenes
Has liked: 478 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Lovejoy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:21 pm Late transfers? Funny that cos when it was pointed out by loads we should get our business done early they was accused by the usual brigade of knicker wetting.
I don't believe anybody said, or would want, that they would not want to get all our transfers completed as early as possible. To be fair, I recall that we got Aguard, Downes and Areola done pretty early but the rest on our list either p***ed us about, didnt want to join or (clubs/players) played a longer game particularly those who were 2nd or 3rd our list. Therefore, I am not sure what your point is? Its not like the NFL draft where players are just waiting to get picked.
billtho
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by billtho »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:08 pm Just seen this as I posted. 👍

Be better we just talked about the Football..
Ok the football under Moyes is average on a great day and typical moyes on a terrible day..
Roby
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 264 likes

Post by Roby »

He needs to stop losing games in the league and quickly. It’s as simple as that.

We’ve currently played 15 and lost 9 which is pathetic.

Arsenal away next up too...
Has liked: 4586 likes
Total likes: 1547 likes

Post by Sticky »

In my view the folk who want Dave out are being a bit 'Atrful Dodger' and ... 'Moving too fast' -

We haven't even see Cornet or Aguerd yet.

Avram Grant.

Glenn Roeder.

Gianfranco Zola.

Sam Allardyce.

Come now people... Come now...

The time to pass judgement is at the end of the season.

DM has earned that right and I predict a few humbled souls on here by then.
moore_bobby
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by moore_bobby »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:36 pm Fact is, with injuries, late transfers and a choppy preseason, it has been very difficult to get any sort of momentum. And that's before you add European football into the mix.
Agree. Don’t think it’s all Moyes’s fault. What’s desperately needed is a settled back 4 and then get the offensive/Defensive balance. Which I believe should be Rice as DM and Paqueta as box to box. Unfortunately he’s not been able to focus on the balance due to defensive injuries. So it’s not all his fault as it’s not within his control. BTW, I think Benrahma should be central behind CF.