Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1118 likes

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Macca1973 »

Thanks MB, it’s bloody horrible and I’m not getting any younger (49 now)!
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

Ripping through our office again...had it for the second time in May so hoping I can avoid a quick hat trick.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

smuts wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:12 pm Ripping through our office again...had it for the second time in May so hoping I can avoid a quick hat trick.
The latest Spector video suggested that if you'd had it in the last three months you are likely to be okay.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Remember kids, if you don't test you can't catch it.

Anyway, I'm off to sunny Spain this Friday for some sun, sea and sangria. I'm assuming masks required on the plane, which will make the obligatory G&T at 6:30am difficult.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

sendô wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:00 pm Remember kids, if you don't test you can't catch it.

Anyway, I'm off to sunny Spain this Friday for some sun, sea and sangria. I'm assuming masks required on the plane, which will make the obligatory G&T at 6:30am difficult.
Get yourself a straw.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

EvilC wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:38 pm The latest Spector video suggested that if you'd had it in the last three months you are likely to be okay.
3/4 of my department has it. Both of us that don’t have had it fairly recently (I had it Easter weekend). However I feel awful, sweating, tired and achy. Test is negative but early night for me regardless.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-62046521

China's approach is utterly bonkers. Could there really be social unrest soon if they carry on with Zero Covid? How the f*** do they afford it? Testing millons of people every day and locking people down en masse at the 1st sign of an outbreak?

Their national business model can't allow for all those people to be economically inactive all the time?
Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2013 likes

Post by Shabu »

Tested positive for covid. That means no work, or pay, for 10 days.

I've just missed two weeks with a bad back - also without pay so I'm pretty f*cked financially & feeling miserable right now.

On the plus side, I will get better, I'll be less broke at some point in the future and football starts again next week, so there's always a better future ahead.

Might have to cancel my birthday trip to Puerto Vallarta in September though.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Fair play to the US government for being on top of this wave.

I called a government number last night, they had a physician call me back this morning, he prescribed me Paxlovid & an hour later I picked it up from the chemists.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Shabu wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:59 pm Tested positive for covid. That means no work, or pay, for 10 days.
Have to ask, are you well enough to work? If you’ll be up **** creek then just don’t tell them. It’s what I’d do if I was in that situation. Obviously if you are to Ill to work then fair enough, but I doubt it would be ten days.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

wolf359 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:22 pm Have to ask, are you well enough to work? If you’ll be up **** creek then just don’t tell them. It’s what I’d do if I was in that situation. Obviously if you are to Ill to work then fair enough, but I doubt it would be ten days.
I'm not well enough to work at the moment. They know about my positive test. It also wouldn't be fair on others as I work in a very busy shop with a lot of young families as well as older people around so I don't want to expose others too much.

I'll have to pass a negative test before I'm allowed back.

One girl has told me that even though I'm not covered through work there is/maybe a California State coverage for up to 40 hours so I'll look into that & hope for the best.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

UK first country to approve dual vaccine
The UK has become the first country to approve a dual vaccine which tackles both the original Covid virus and the newer Omicron variant.

The upgraded vaccine should be available as an autumn booster and give better protection against variants.

However, exactly how many doses are available and who will get them has yet to be announced.

All over-50s and people in high-risk groups will be offered some form of booster from next month.

The original vaccines used in the pandemic were designed to train the body to fight the first form of the virus that emerged in Wuhan, in China, at the end of 2019.

The Covid virus has since mutated substantially, with a stream of new variants emerging that can dodge some of our immune defences. They have caused large surges in cases around the world.

more...
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1564 likes

Post by alf git »

Is Covid 1.0 still a thing?
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

alf git wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:26 pm Is Covid 1.0 still a thing?
Bit like Windows XP there are always a few people that refuse to upgrade.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

wolf359 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:38 pm Bit like Windows XP there are always a few people that refuse to upgrade.
Yeah.. weirdos...

szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

wolf359 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:22 pmHave to ask, are you well enough to work? If you’ll be up **** creek then just don’t tell them. It’s what I’d do if I was in that situation.
So you'd **** you co-workers?

I would have guessed some sort of insurance was the answer, not making other people sick...
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

szola wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:05 am So you'd **** you co-workers?

I would have guessed some sort of insurance was the answer, not making other people sick...
it sounds easy, but tbh it never is.

Even before covid I had to go in to work when i had a cold or even mild flu. As for insurance, you'd never get anywhere near what you paid in, might be fine for those on big bucks and some savings stashed away, but for the majority of the working population would be a waste of money, an unwanted additional expense, etc.
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

Denzil wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:03 am After 2.5 years of avoiding it, I have been shacked up with it all weekend. Mrs has it too, worse than me actually. Mine is just like a cold with a really chest cough. I can still taste etc. Her second time of having it now as well.

Was starting to think I was kryptonite to it.
This.

Been to football, packed tubes, busy supermarkets and work environments. Honestly thought I must have had it and was immune. Caught it this week from my 11 year old lad, he was sick a couple of times but now just a bit lethargic. I, on the other hand, feel like absolute ****.

I had the initial 2 jabs followed by a booster last November, was only wondering a week or so ago how long this booster should last?
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Just back off holiday and I get it for second time. 3 nights of poor interrupted sleep and various symptoms of sore throat, cough, aches and shivers. Completely worn out. I can work from home and checked mail etc but still can't sit at desk for even an hour.

I know we're protected from serious illness now but I don't want to be catching this every year. I never seem to get the easy going version.
ironsonthebrain
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by ironsonthebrain »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:49 am it sounds easy, but tbh it never is.

Even before covid I had to go in to work when i had a cold or even mild flu. As for insurance, you'd never get anywhere near what you paid in, might be fine for those on big bucks and some savings stashed away, but for the majority of the working population would be a waste of money, an unwanted additional expense, etc.
I bet your colleagues loved you spreading your flu and colds in the workplace! :angryred: