Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 495 likes

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Etonhammer wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:38 am And whilst screaming about a massive rise in cases over XMas, the NHS hasn't published figures for deaths since the 23rd ?
Deaths figure now published for 29/12. 57. Down more than 60% on the week before.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:44 pm Although I have some doubts over the vaccine too, isn't it the case here that around 80% of the country have been vaccinated and therefore it stands to reason that the majority of people picking up the other virus will be vaccinated - even if the vaccine doesn't make them more susceptible to other virus's?
Yes, that's true now but a few weeks ago when I caught whatever it was I caught, it was unusual to be double jabbed.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2179 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Sky news reporting ONS figures that deaths had dropped since last week. Despite these massive infection numbers.

Only problem now is staff shortages due to isolating.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2686 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Mrs Tomos phoned about an hour back upset that she may have contracted Omicron [ or Covid ] - she was at the PCR Testing Station in Inverness having taken our daughter home yesterday - won't get the results until tomorrow .

That's another dinner I have to cook then .
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1976 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:59 am Mrs Tomos phoned about an hour back upset that she may have contracted Omicron [ or Covid ] - she was at the PCR Testing Station in Inverness having taken our daughter home yesterday - won't get the results until tomorrow .

hope she hasn't. fingers crossed.

will she isolate in the guest cottage ? or will she stay in the house and stick you out in the yard ?

we're desperate to know.

cook then ? stick a frozen dinner in the microwave more likely...

:blowkiss:
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 309 likes
Total likes: 1083 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:59 am Mrs Tomos phoned about an hour back upset that she may have contracted Omicron [ or Covid ] - she was at the PCR Testing Station in Inverness having taken our daughter home yesterday - won't get the results until tomorrow .

She's had her head turned by the bright lights of the party town of Inverness.
The Old Man of Storr

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:15 pm hope she hasn't. fingers crossed.

will she isolate in the guest cottage ? or will she stay in the house and stick you out in the yard ?

we're desperate to know.

cook then ? stick a frozen dinner in the microwave more likely...

:blowkiss:
She took Becky home yesterday and did a click and collect at Asda - was due home this afternoon .

She's now confined to Becky's spare bedroom .

Guest House is occupied with a Polish couple and a Savannah Cat .

Might go round begging for food later on , we're down to a bit of mousetrap cheese and a bendy carrot [ I missed that episode of Ready Steady Cook ] .

Might need to lay some traps , I may be gone some time .

Sammy - you might be on to something there . :grin:
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 309 likes
Total likes: 1083 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Shel'll be back. Won't be long before she is missing your bendy carrot.
The Old Man of Storr

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:37 pm Shel'll be back. Won't be long before she is missing your bendy carrot.
Too late I've already booked Elspeth MacSporran for the evening .
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:37 pm Shel'll be back. Won't be long before she is missing your bendy carrot.
him and Rigobert are off on a Wild Adventure...

to be made into a BBC Series at some future time...

:crylol:
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Post by Samba »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:32 pm She took Becky home yesterday and did a click and collect at Asda - was due home this afternoon .

Eating loads of Lidl brandy buttercream mince pies...
Samba

Post by Samba »

She was glad to get away from it..
Samba

Post by Samba »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:32 pm Guest House is occupied with a Polish couple and a Savannah Cat .
'Old Welshman Found Half-Eaten By Vicious Pussy'..
Samba

Post by Samba »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:18 pm him and Rigobert are off on a Wild Adventure...

:rofl:

It is nice to have a break from the thread topic. :newthumb:
dodgy dave
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by dodgy dave »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:18 pm him and Rigobert are off on a Wild Adventure...

Rigobert and Tomos gone fisting?
Samba

Post by Samba »

'Polish Couple Tracing All Who Were Responsible For Invading Their Country, Go Armed With Leopard-Type Creature'.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:32 pm She took Becky home yesterday and did a click and collect at Asda - was due home this afternoon .

Guest House is occupied with a Polish couple and a Savannah Cat .

Might go round begging for food later on , we're down to a bit of mousetrap cheese and a bendy carrot [ I missed that episode of Ready Steady Cook ] .

Might need to lay some traps , I may be gone some time .

Sammy - you might be on to something there . :grin:
Get down the beach and do some foraging, must be some mussels, a few crabs and some samphire you get your hands on.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Francoisvander or else wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:25 pm Get down the beach and do some foraging, must be some mussels, a few crabs and some samphire you get your hands on.
He's had crabs before. Didn't care for them much..
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

back on topic

here's where we are currently..

To back up proof of vaccine entry requirements the Emergency Operations Committere (COE) announced new enforcement measures Thursday. According to COE president Juan Zapata, locations that do not comply with the requirement will be “sanctioned severely.” He said that additional law enforcement personnel will be assigned to the effort.

The Health Ministry reported that between December 20 and 21, there was an increase of 467 Covid-19 infections in the country as well as increased demand in some hospitals for critical care beds. Shortly after making the announcement, the Ministry released the “Mandatory Guidelines for Vaccination Against SARS CoV-2,” the document that outlines the new plan.

Garzón also expressed disappointment that many private and public facilities with capacity limitations were not enforcing the proof of vaccine requirement Thursday morning. The requirement, ordered by the COE, went into effect at midnight Thursday. “Although some businesses are enforcing the rule, others are not,” she said. “We are taking actions to improve compliance, including fining businesses that do not follow the order.”

According the Ministry of Health, 78 percent of Ecuadorians over the age of five have been fully vaccinated, the second highest rate in Latin America and ninth highest in the world.

as far as I am aware, there's no plan for mass testing, I am not even sure anyone here knows what a LFT actually is.

our 3rd booster shots available are Astro Zenica.

interestingly since the UK decided not to use them as a booster in their programme, suddenly there's a glut of Astro Zenica shots available for "third world countries." to begin with all we had was SinoVac. later we had access to Pfizer.
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

djclipz wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:55 am Ive had this too, worst throat I've ever experienced, I couldn't improve it at all. The pain got pretty excruciating in the end. However, I did test positive for Covid eventually on both lateral and a PCR. First 2 days the laterals were negative though.
I've been going through this too. Started Christmas Day with mild symptoms, took a LFT in the evening, which was negative. Felt worse on Boxing Day, decided to give the match a swerve (wise choice as it turned out!) and took another LFT in the evening, which was positive. Went for a PCR on Monday, confirmed positive.Throat so sore by now, that swallowing anything, even liquids, felt like I was eating broken glass mixed with razor blades. Had spells of lots of mucus in the last couple of days. But throat has started to ease a bit today, so hopefully on the mend now. Still feeling tired and drained though.

Side note 1: I reckon it's most likely I picked up the virus at the Spuds game in a very crowded concourse (block 420).

Side note 2: Covid passes - as I'm double-jabbed, I had a valid covid pass, which I'd downloaded into my Apple Pay, to sit alongside any match tickets, with the idea that would make it simper to deal with entry to the ground if both were in the same place. After I registered the positive LFT with the NHS, the covid pass in the NHS app has gone. But the one in Apple Pay is still "valid". So it's easy to fake a passport like this.