Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bonzosbeard »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:51 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63771109

The Chinese leadership have gone mad. To think when the pandemic started China was being accused of starting it deliberately for it's own gain.

How can you expect citizens, even brainwashed ones, to tolerate endless lockdowns? For what? They must have data that shows this strain is less deadly.

Zero covid is just taking citizens towards civil unrest. Crazy.
I did wonder if this may overthrow them.

I sometimes go days when I forget about covid. Its something disappearing into the past.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Are they still dishing out their own vaccine which was about as effective as a teaspoon of Calpol?

When the rest of the world is pretty much going about it's business now, the Chinese must be wondering what on earth is going on.

Oppression for the sake of it.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:27 am I did wonder if this may overthrow them.

I sometimes go days when I forget about covid. Its something disappearing into the past.
some of it mindboggles me

one of my daughters friends party the other day

the mum txts the group.. oh our daughter has covid is it okay to bring her

right so if you were worried and have tested why did you do so if you planned on not changing your behavior based on the outcome of the test?
Hammer1966
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by Hammer1966 »

ageing hammer wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:07 pm We are due to go to USA in August, ( 8 of us ) we haven't had any boosters for a year, does this mean we cannot go?
I had my booster recently so hadn't checked but looking at it online this morning it seems that its not necessary. You just need proof of the original vaccination. Although if its not till next August I'd double check nearer the time.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Hammer1966 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:53 am I had my booster recently so hadn't checked but looking at it online this morning it seems that its not necessary. You just need proof of the original vaccination. Although if its not till next August I'd double check nearer the time.
thank you :newthumb:
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

See the loons at Indy Sage have gone a bit quiet over China's zero covid policy of late, the one that they were previously lording.

This lot wanted UK schools shut down until we reached that unachievable target.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:27 am I did wonder if this may overthrow them.

This is definitely the behaviour of a state organisation that believes they have the situation fully under control.

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

mumbles87 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:02 am some of it mindboggles me

one of my daughters friends party the other day

the mum txts the group.. oh our daughter has covid is it okay to bring her

right so if you were worried and have tested why did you do so if you planned on not changing your behavior based on the outcome of the test?
what has the parent done wrong?

She tested her child, informed people and asked them if they were ok with her coming or not
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

I thought the only reason people bothered to test any more was in order to get out of going to work (or kids parties)?

Just on the travel one - I've done 7 EU countries in the last 4 months plus Kazakhstan. Haven't even needed to upload my vaccination anymore.

I'll get the 4th booster in the next few weeks to ensure that if anything changes I can still travel for work, but it really does seem like most countries aren't worried anymore.

It's lovely.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

smuts wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:01 am Are they still dishing out their own vaccine which was about as effective as a teaspoon of Calpol?

When the rest of the world is pretty much going about it's business now, the Chinese must be wondering what on earth is going on.

Oppression for the sake of it.
Moderna telling them to do one: :lol:

https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 022-10-02/

Good for them, it must've been a shock for the government of West Taiwan to hear the word "no" for once.......
The Sherriff wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:42 am See the loons at Indy Sage have gone a bit quiet over China's zero covid policy of late, the one that they were previously lording.

This lot wanted UK schools shut down until we reached that unachievable target.
It's not just the Indy Sage mob that had the loons, this creature,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/0 ... ted-chair/

was/is a member of the proper SAGE, what business has she got advising anyone on behaviour in a western democracy given her vile background?
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

^^^^
Agree Del ….. She’s a flaming communist, wanted restrictions in place forever. Thank god she’s no longer advising the government … now WHO’s problem.

The equally vile Christina Pagel and Deepti Gurdasani are her acolytes and have been positively promoting China’s policy. If folk wanna wear masks in all settings and maintain a safe distance from others, fill your boots. For me …. I want life to be normal again.

All these scientists never really had a platform before the pandemic, then they get their 15minutes of fame and some seem to can’t let go.

Bat **** crazy whats happening in China at the moment, those poor people.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

The Sherriff wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:44 am Bat ****
Hopefully they don't eat it, this time.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

I saw someone wearing a mask on the train yesterday and was honestly surprised. I can't remember the last time I saw one.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:48 am what has the parent done wrong?

She tested her child, informed people and asked them if they were ok with her coming or not
Why even ask? If you test your kids and it's postive you stop them going surely rather than oh is it ok?

Ofc it's not ok we don't want to knowingly mix

If she hadn't tested and been fine ie not been ill and we had not known that's different as it's not a decision to put someone's kid at risk
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

A friend of mine was in A&E last night with his little girl, she has a collapsed lung, brought on by Covid according to the doctors.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

I've had Covid twice and still have a slight wheeze when I breathe out after my second bout in April.

I'd prefer not to get my hat trick to be honest.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Had my 4th covid jab this week. Apart from my arm feeling a bit sore when I lay on it, everything else is fine.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

sendô wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:31 am I saw someone wearing a mask on the train yesterday and was honestly surprised. I can't remember the last time I saw one.
Yeah same, started to see a few more in recent weeks on the train and even a few in the office starting to wear them (will add that those in the office wearing them are Chinese)
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:32 am Yeah same, started to see a few more in recent weeks on the train and even a few in the office starting to wear them (will add that those in the office wearing them are Chinese)

They may be vulnerable. Suffering from cancer or have heart problems. Not every disability or illness is visible.
Greatest Hits Vol1
Has liked: 438 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Greatest Hits Vol1 »

Or they may be ill themselves and not want spread germs. I think that is the point of the mask.