Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

OFT
Has liked: 3185 likes
Total likes: 1829 likes

Re: Coronavirus

Post by OFT »

Having worked in a supermarket all through the lockdowns Her OFTness, now retired, has just tested positive and ain't very well with it. i've got some mild symptoms but have tested negative.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 593 likes

Post by vietnammer »

/\ You'll probably turn up positive within 3 days. Mrs came home with it a week ago and I didn't test pos till tuesday. Felt like a turd in the rain for one day, feel fine now but still pos.
Keep an eye on Mrs OFT hope it clears soon.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

OFT wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:29 pm Having worked in a supermarket all through the lockdowns Her OFTness, now retired, has just tested positive and ain't very well with it. i've got some mild symptoms but have tested negative.
Hope Mrs OFT feels better soon mate, and it's kind to you if you end up with it too.
OFT

Post by OFT »

Cheers chaps.

On GP advice I've just had to cancel my flu jab which was due tomorrow, 4th Covid jab due on weds so got test again next week.
Had No1 sons kids all day yesterday, bit worrying
It's No.2 sons 40th today so It's best I keep away from his gang.

It's still out there
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

OFT wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:15 pm .............

It's still out there
It certainly is
Covid is on the rise again in the UK and people who feel unwell should avoid vulnerable friends, colleagues and relatives as a precaution, say experts.
Data suggests 1.3 million or one in 50 has Covid, with a "marked increase" in infections among over-70s in England.
There are no new restrictions, but people are being reminded to take extra care and protect the elderly.
There are fears of a flu and Covid "twindemic" this winter, and those who qualify for free jabs should get them.

more...
OFT

Post by OFT »

Her OFTness has been really poorly with it hopefully coming out of it a bit now, still positive.
I've tested negative all weekend despite feeling increasingly un well including having to run out of the local mini Tescos to throw up in the car park.
Tested positive today.

Watch out all.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 1074 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Hope you both get well soon.

Tescos has that effect on me as well tbh
S-H

Post by S-H »

OFT wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:23 am Her OFTness has been really poorly with it hopefully coming out of it a bit now, still positive.
I've tested negative all weekend despite feeling increasingly un well including having to run out of the local mini Tescos to throw up in the car park.
Tested positive today.

Watch out all.
Bugger, get well soon both of you.
HammerTime86
Has liked: 402 likes
Total likes: 93 likes

Post by HammerTime86 »

Ah rubbish. Tested positive on Saturday.

Was due to have a booster today too. Wife has a sniffly nose but has tested negative - like above expect a different result in a few days.

Think I'm over the worst of it and grateful if wasn't too bad/didn't last too long. I am bored out of my skull though.
OFT

Post by OFT »

HammerTime86 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:55 am Ah rubbish. Tested positive on Saturday.

Was due to have a booster today too. Wife has a sniffly nose but has tested negative - like above expect a different result in a few days.

Think I'm over the worst of it and grateful if wasn't too bad/didn't last too long. I am bored out of my skull though.
Cancelled my booster for tomorrow(weds)
Having tested negative all weekend I was convinced I hadn't got it, Not hit me as bad as Her OFTness....yet
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 593 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Mrs has rocked up negative at last. As above, it's the diahorrea (and in her case vomiting) that went with it that seems new.
I never got the nausea maybe cos I have a Tesco's Club Card.
OFT

Post by OFT »

vietnammer wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:40 am I never got the nausea maybe cos I have a Tesco's Club Card.
:grin:

Didn't stop me Viet, in fact I felt the vomit doom whilst at the self scan and didn't hang about to swipe it
S-H

Post by S-H »

OFT wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:04 am :grin:

Didn't stop me Viet, in fact I felt the vomit doom whilst at the self scan and didn't hang about to swipe it
Good job security didn't tackle you, mid sprint out the door, that would have been messy.
OFT

Post by OFT »

S-H wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:06 am Good job security didn't tackle you, mid sprint out the door, that would have been messy.
I genuinely have imagined that S-H. and wondered if I would have left my face mask on if stopped in store. :shock:
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 481 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-63059585

Surely this is going to be a bigger issue? Bugs that are resistant to antibiotics, would take us back to the stone age in terms of infection control
HammerTime86
Has liked: 402 likes
Total likes: 93 likes

Post by HammerTime86 »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:42 pm https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-63059585

Surely this is going to be a bigger issue? Bugs that are resistant to antibiotics, would take us back to the stone age in terms of infection control
I think it's been a pending issue for a while. Having travelled to the subcontinent a few times for work I've seen first hand the indiscriminate use of antibiotics. Hence these superbugs.

I remember reading a couple of years ago about research somewhere in Scandinavia of a new approach to treatment that didn't involve antibiotics. Here's hoping.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Me and Mrs FVE are currently in Tenerife, both of us had a bit of a cough a few days ago and flu like symptoms but nothing to extreme so just brushed it off as a cold. Tonight we went to a bar and Mrs FVE asks for a Jack Daniel’s and coke. She takes one sip and says ‘that’s not JD, it’s cheap whiskey’. I march back to the bar and remonstrate with the barmen who is adamant it JD so much so he opens a brand new bottle in front of me, low and behold I can’t smell anything and when I take it back to the Mrs neither can she. Gave it to some friends to try who confirm it’s definitely JD. Sounds to me like we might have got the dreaded covid :chin:
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 481 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

HammerTime86 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:24 pm I think it's been a pending issue for a while. Having travelled to the subcontinent a few times for work I've seen first hand the indiscriminate use of antibiotics. Hence these superbugs.

I remember reading a couple of years ago about research somewhere in Scandinavia of a new approach to treatment that didn't involve antibiotics. Here's hoping.
Saw spomething similar, studies on using honey for infection control, apprently was used by the egyptians thousands of years back and was found to be quite useful. Lets hope all these new driveways, new build homes and climate chage don't kill off the honey bee.
OFT

Post by OFT »

Francoisvander or else wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:46 am Me and Mrs FVE are currently in Tenerife, both of us had a bit of a cough a few days ago and flu like symptoms but nothing to extreme so just brushed it off as a cold. Tonight we went to a bar and Mrs FVE asks for a Jack Daniel’s and coke. She takes one sip and says ‘that’s not JD, it’s cheap whiskey’. I march back to the bar and remonstrate with the barmen who is adamant it JD so much so he opens a brand new bottle in front of me, low and behold I can’t smell anything and when I take it back to the Mrs neither can she. Gave it to some friends to try who confirm it’s definitely JD. Sounds to me like we might have got the dreaded covid :chin:
That does sound ominous FVE. Her OFTness lost all taste (no not when she met me :winker: ) and smell.

Take care bud
Big George
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by Big George »

Had it for the second time last week. tested positive day before 4th jab. It was a bit annoying but too bad.

Despite me having it twice neither Mrs nor lad have caught it,