Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Re: Coronavirus

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

brownout wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:26 pm Is there something going on in China that they're not telling us?
Absolutely loads.
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Someone has probably scranned something else/left a Lab fridge open and dropped us all in it again...
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I’ve had something since last Thursday that’s been worse than the Corona that I had just over a month ago. Think it’s a super cold / tonsillitis/ cough/ hayfever hybrid.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Georgee Paris wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:00 pm I’ve had something since last Thursday that’s been worse than the Corona that I had just over a month ago. Think it’s a super cold / tonsillitis/ cough/ hayfever hybrid.
Definitely got the Bubonic plague, mate.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

I wouldn’t be surprised. What is crazy though is how pathetic my immunity is compared to when I worked and lived in town. Now days the only time I come into town is for the football and after every visit I’ve got sick. London is ****ing filthy. Or the trains are at least - especially if you usually spend your time at home and away from the rabble and all the germs.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

It’s been over a week now - this cold that isn’t covid. It is definitely worse than the omnicrom version of covid I had about a month ago. I am rarely ill for more than 2-3 days. Now I’ve had a sore throat, snot that’s industrial strength. Congested. And a cough. Nothing seems to work - medicines, decongestant, anti histamine or nasal spray.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Georgee Paris wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:41 am It’s been over a week now - this cold that isn’t covid. It is definitely worse than the omnicrom version of covid I had about a month ago. I am rarely ill for more than 2-3 days. Now I’ve had a sore throat, snot that’s industrial strength. Congested. And a cough. Nothing seems to work - medicines, decongestant, anti histamine or nasal spray.
A pal of mine had just had something similar to you for about a month +. A lingering cough, sinus pains with blocked nose, low energy etc…
He tried to get an appointment with the GP and they kindly offered him appointment for May 24th !!! Instead he used his Benenden membership to see a GP. This was organised within 3 days and he was given some sort of anti-biotic that has basically cleared this up within about 3 days.
I have been getting many headaches myself all focussed around the sinus and eyes area. They’re only just starting to stop occurring after about a month. Wondering whether hay fever was adding to any small sinus agro.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1856 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 3:20 pm ^^^^Monkey pox case in England :shock:
He should of gone to a posh restaurant rather than street food
taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

Georgee Paris wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:00 pm I’ve had something since last Thursday that’s been worse than the Corona that I had just over a month ago. Think it’s a super cold / tonsillitis/ cough/ hayfever hybrid.
I haven't had hay-fever yet this year, first time ever, mabey covid has killed it
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

BA.4 & BA.5 coming our way

People who have been both vaccinated against COVID and infected with Omicron may very well get sick if they contract the subvariants. But they probably won’t require hospitalization or die,a top COVID researcher from South Africa told Fortune.

https://fortune.com/2022/05/02/two-new- ... ssibility/
simon hammer
Has liked: 993 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Since I had my second jab last year, I've had more colds and days of feeling rough than ever.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

simon hammer wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:08 pm Since I had my second jab last year, I've had more colds and days of feeling rough than ever.
Yep, i am in the grips of another heavy cold/ sinus infection. they seem to arrive every month or so at the moment
Greatest Hits Vol1
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Greatest Hits Vol1 »

I’ve been lucky it seems. Every time my family gets sick, I barely get a sore throat and when I got covid in March I wouldn’t even had noticed if I hadn’t come in contact with someone who had it and tested myself.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

Still got a cough and a sore throat every evening - sinuses seem to have cleared - this is the strangest bug I’ve ever had and certainly the longest lasting I’ve ever had. If this is long covid it’s a massive c***.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

simon hammer wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:08 pm Since I had my second jab last year, I've had more colds and days of feeling rough than ever.
My old man is convinced the vaccine ****'s your immune system. I rarely get ill, maybe a cold every couple of years and I've had 2 already this year.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 949 likes
Total likes: 488 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Whufc06 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:54 pm My old man is convinced the vaccine ****'s your immune system. I rarely get ill, maybe a cold every couple of years and I've had 2 already this year.
I think the staying in and not mixing, or washing your hands every 30 seconds screwed most immune systems.

Be good to know how those who had to go out to work through the pandemic compare to those who wfh over the last couple of years.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:17 am I think the staying in and not mixing, or washing your hands every 30 seconds screwed most immune systems.

Be good to know how those who had to go out to work through the pandemic compare to those who wfh over the last couple of years.
I worked in London the whole way through
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Whufc06 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:06 pm I worked in London the whole way through
But whilst you left the house (I did aswell) there were less colds spread as more people were at home so less build up of immunity

Whilst you prob had 3 a year before without knowing now the 2 you have had are noticeable.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3496 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

I'm currently on my third bout of what I'd call Covid-related illness since Christmas. Been coughing my lungs up for the last ten days or so now, not sleeping etc.
Georgee Paris wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:04 amNow days the only time I come into town is for the football and after every visit I’ve got sick.
On a similar note GP, I've been abroad twice this year (both with WHU), on both occasions I've come home with a nasty.