Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Re: Two and a half years...

Post by jastons »

News story?
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1300 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Comes across more like an obsession.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1564 likes

Post by alf git »

Party? Anyone?
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

You’ve got a few years to go yet.
Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2013 likes

Post by Shabu »

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Early signs that Covid may be rising in parts of the UK
There are early signs of a possible increase in the number of people testing positive for Covid in England and Northern Ireland, officials from the Office for National Statistics say.

Their report suggests the small rise is likely to be driven by the BA.4 and BA.5 variants of Omicron.

Studies show these variants may be able to spread slightly more easily than "older" Omicron variants.

The latest estimates suggest around 990,000 people in the UK have Covid.

That is about 1.5% of the population (roughly one in 65 people) - up from about one in 70 the week before.

The latest data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) covers the week ending 2 June.

more...
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:11 pm Early signs that Covid may be rising in parts of the UK
We've had a burst of cases at work this week 8 of my apprentices this week (from 30) were either isolating but dialing in or off sick (3 late teens too ill to work with it) . Others around the business as well, had the 'test if feeling ill before coming to work' email out again from HR and the sanitiser has reappeared.

I thought we were past this.
DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

wolf359 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:15 pm I thought we were past this.
No, we never were. The rising cases is particularly interesting as how many of us regularly test nowadays?

We won't be 'past this' for decades. The next big story, if it's ever told, rather than ignored as boring old covid will be long covid, how many that effects, how it effects them, and consequently the effect it has on their lives, the NHS and the economy.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1335 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Who's going to pay for tests? I'll go to work if I feel OK, if I have a temperature and feel as crap as I did when I had it ill have days off.

Don't forget catching it again is like having a booster ( I said that with no knowledge I was right)
DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

bonzosbeard wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:42 pm Who's going to pay for tests? I'll go to work if I feel OK, if I have a temperature and feel as crap as I did when I had it ill have days off.

Don't forget catching it again is like having a booster ( I said that with no knowledge I was right)
🙂 to the last bit mate.

Your first paragraph was my part of my point really Bonzo. I haven’t taken a test for weeks. I’ll take one next time I go into a work place but I haven’t done that for a month or so. For all sorts of good and bad reasons far less of us do it anymore, but how many have had covid but no longer know they have it as they no longer test?
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

The last month or so has really felt like life pre-covid, for me anyway.

It's been delightful, not giving it a second thought.

Will it stay this way? Who know's, but after the last few years, I'm certainly not going to take it for granted.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

S-H wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:50 am The last month or so has really felt like life pre-covid, for me anyway.

It's been delightful, not giving it a second thought.

Will it stay this way? Who know's, but after the last few years, I'm certainly not going to take it for granted.
I yearn for the carrier bag wearing oddities on the public transport and clear roads (with no congestion charges) days of yore.
bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard »

In our offices today. No second thought about it by me, more people than I've seen for ages. Good banter.

My mate who I was with today just messaged to say he had a cough ( I hadn't noticed) and tested and is positive.

Not so much worried about seriously ill just the fact it may spread around the office. What a pain.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Tested positive this morning, after having what I thought was hayfever symptoms yesterday, feel like **** today though.

Seems like it's rife again.
bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard »

S-H wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:06 am Tested positive this morning, after having what I thought was hayfever symptoms yesterday, feel like **** today though.

Is it not as bad as first time? I was rough as heck first time round
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5555 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

S-H wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:06 am Tested positive this morning, after having what I thought was hayfever symptoms yesterday, feel like **** today though.

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you bounce back quickly.

The whole of my wife's family went down with it the week before last. Ironically we had a stomach bug in our house so didn't see them. Touch and go whether I'd rather have had Covid!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Chin up SH hope you get through it soon mate
Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2013 likes

Post by Shabu »

Best of luck SH.

It's rife over here. About a quarter of my colleagues out with it at any one time. And there's no more covid sick pay so, along with the rising cost of everything, people are struggling...
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Prob »

Two wards closed this week because of outbreaks. Couple of care homes closed and not accepting patients back. Which blocks beds and ends up in this patients getting it.

Hospital staff dropping like flies with it.

The good news it doesn’t seem as bad as it was before and recovery is better. But we can’t just push it away and pretend it is gone

We need access to test again
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

The whole family came down with it (although my daughter tested negative - twice), last weekend my throat felt like I had swallowed a couple of spiky chestnut/conker things and was awful.

Had to go in this week, simply cannot afford the time off. I know it's not right, but had to do the same years back before covid, so it is (as they say) what it is. :toxic: