Dennis Lepine

A Forum in which to remember those KUMB members and other West Ham United family who have sadly left us.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

uptonspark
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Re: Dennis Lepine

Post by uptonspark »

RIP Dennis :crest:
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

A deeply sad loss, of a great kind and considerate man, who did so much for so many, RIP Dennis :crest:
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

All my thoughts and prayers to his family. A very very wonderful fella who will be very missed.

Saint Francis hospice is one of the most special places going and the people who run it are exceptional in the love and care they give to patients, some comfort in knowing that.
ironhammer58

Post by ironhammer58 »

A very sad loss, R I P Dennis :crest:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

RIP :crest:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Sleep well Den.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

What a sad loss. RIP Dennis :crest:
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I didn't know Dennis but very sorry to hear of your loss , chaps and my condolences to Dennis' family . :crest:
gr1

Post by gr1 »

My brother is WHU and knows Dennis well.

RIP fella from Q.P.R.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

I didn't know Dennis but he was obviously very respected and admired. RIP fella.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Always so sad to hear we've lost one of our own. Especially one that done so much for fellow hammers.

That sort of thing is never forgotten, and neither will Dennis.

RIP Sir, You're a legend.

:crest:
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

R I P Dennis Lepine

Post by West Ham Dave »

Most will know by now that Dennis passed away last Thursday, many will know him by the coaches he organised to every away game outside of London.
I, as many others, have lost a true friend from the West Ham family and thought he deserves a mention in a topic dedicated to those we have lost.
Thanks for the memories & laughs on countless away trips in the UK & abroad, R I P Dennis (Mr West Ham) Lepine
⚒⚒⚒⚒
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

I am very sorry to hear this. As I said at the beginning of the thread, I never had the pleasure of meeting Dennis, but I know he was dear to many West Ham fans, and I only ever heard good things about him. I think that says a lot about him. RIP. :crest:
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Shame it's off the main forum already but funeral details posted by Bill

Tuesday 23 June at 12-40pm at south Essex Crematorium, Corbets Tey, Upminster Essex RM14 2UY. Because of Covid 19, only twenty five people can attend the funeral. The family and advisers found it very difficult selecting people other than the family, who should attend. It is no slant on anyone who has not been asked to attend. We could have filled Westminster Abbey with the amount of people who wanted to come. So friends are asked to pay their respects by standing on the park opposite Dennis' house. We will then form lines up the road Newmarket Way. Any flowers, please have them delivered to 19, Newmarket Way before 11am. on the day. Jackie said anyone wishing to make a donation, instead of flowers, can make it to www.sfh.org.uk-dennis lepine (St. Francis Hospice). Jackie also said wear a little something in claret and blue in honour of our friend. Cars will leave Dennis' at 12.10pm. Please can you make sure that you take any rubbish with you when you leave and please respect Jackie's neighbours. I would ask anyone attending, to observe social distancing, if possible can you please wear face coverings. In my time, I have been able to attend Bobby Moore's funeral, lead the march in Palermo and attend this funeral for my friend Dennis, I want people to look back, in years to come, and say II attended the send-off for Westham's greatest fan please be on the green by 11 -15am. Dennis house 8 min walk from Hornchurch station on the district line.Lets give dennis a fitting send off,and show why we are westham united.thanks to my friends for all your support.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Dennis Lepine Funeral 23/6

Post by Doc H Ball »

Dennis' funeral has been arranged. I will be there to say goodbye to a friend.

This is from Bill on WHO -

Tuesday 23 June at 12-40pm at south Essex Crematorium, Corbets Tey, Upminster Essex RM14 2UY. Because of Covid 19, only twenty five people can attend the funeral. The family and advisers found it very difficult selecting people other than the family, who should attend. It is no slant on anyone who has not been asked to attend. We could have filled Westminster Abbey with the amount of people who wanted to come. So friends are asked to pay their respects by standing on the park opposite Dennis' house. We will then form lines up the road Newmarket Way. Any flowers, please have them delivered to 19, Newmarket Way before 11am. on the day. Jackie said anyone wishing to make a donation, instead of flowers, can make it to www.sfh.org.uk-dennis lepine (St. Francis Hospice). Jackie also said wear a little something in claret and blue in honour of our friend. Cars will leave Dennis' at 12.10pm. Please can you make sure that you take any rubbish with you when you leave and please respect Jackie's neighbours. I would ask anyone attending, to observe social distancing, if possible can you please wear face coverings. In my time, I have been able to attend Bobby Moore's funeral, lead the march in Palermo and attend this funeral for my friend Dennis, I want people to look back, in years to come, and say II attended the send-off for Westham's greatest fan please be on the green by 11 -15am. Dennis house 8 min walk from Hornchurch station on the district line.Lets give dennis a fitting send off,and show why we are westham united.thanks to my friends for all your support.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Re: Dennis Lepine Funeral 23/6

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

I will also be going to pay my respect
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

as long as i can get the time of work i will do my very best to attend someone said dress if you was going to a football match is jeans and a football shirt ok as would hate to turn up and look out of place
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

I will be there to pay my respects
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

cockney hammer wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:34 pm as long as i can get the time of work i will do my very best to attend someone said dress if you was going to a football match is jeans and a football shirt ok as would hate to turn up and look out of place
His wife has requested we wear claret and blue so you will be fine fella
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

I have never met the man but I have been really touched by some of the stories I have been reading on here. I wish I did have the pleasure.
I would honestly love to attend as the man clearly deserves respect however, I work in the NHS and getting time away is practically impossible at the moment.

I will be thinking of him and you all on the 23rd, I hope and believe he will get the send off he rightly deserves.
Its times like this that makes me proud to be a hammer, and despite everything recently we are still one big family. COYI :crest: