Best game level ever?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1803 likes

Re: Best game level ever?

Post by Ironing Board »

By the way, I saw they remade Flash back. With the modern 3D graphics it actually looks much, much worse than the original despite the original being decades older!
badabing
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by badabing »

I remember a game on C64 called China Miner, cant recall exact levels but that was fiendishly hard in places , one slight misjudgement and back to the start you went.
It had a very catchy theme, and used to take about 15 minutes to load. I can imagine my kids if Fifa or whatever took that long.
V-M
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

Up the Junction wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:41 pm Finally got my head around Witcher 3 so that's had a bit of love this week. Doing a little retro gaming with the Next (though I've come to the sad yet inevitable conclusion that most Spectrum games were rubbish).
Funnily enough I've just got into this having picked it up and put it down in the past.

I did the tutorial and have set out on the main quest and am slowly getting used to the controls and menus, its a bit of a beast and will take some time to master. I can see how it got the reviews it did though.

I think this afternoon I may just go back and start again which is what I usually do once Ive decided the game is for me. I can then go through the various tutorials and actually lean a bit more rather than it going straight over my head which it did with some of the stuff like signs etc.

Also good to get better at fighting by doing the practice stuff in the castle.

I can see a lot of hours being lost to this game!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 3492 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

V-M wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:14 amI can see a lot of hours being lost to this game!
I'm over 200 hours in now... but I like to complete everything there is to offer (so all side missions, places of interest etc)... currently about halfway through the final act. It is one of the best I've played... the writing is fantastic as are the cinematics (some of the cut scenes appear to last for 20+ minutes).